Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Repaint Request

@Christos: Search for this file on AVSIM ..... "pmgd_sky_express_sx-dia.zip" @Jim: Thanks for all your Liverys! I use many of them and like them all. Thank you! Mandy Broschk

I like flying in the Hawaiian islands, where "Island Air" has daily flights between Honolulu and Lihue. If you have the time to attempt this, it would be appreciated.

Guest 747dash8

Hey, I was wondering if you could do a Regional Express repaint for the J41. They operate Saab 340 But J41 is a good substitute. Any reg will do, take a look at theser205206_7%38%30347.jpgRegional_Express_Saab_340A.jpgThanks, Andrew Cary

Hi@ MandyThank you for those extremely kind words, and I know I have said this before, but it really is appreciated, thank you.@ CurtLike yourself, I also like to island hop in those parts, and I did do a rendition of an Aloha Island Air colour scheme that I upload to AVSIM

@Christos: Search for this file on AVSIM ..... "pmgd_sky_express_sx-dia.zip" @Jim: Thanks for all your Liverys! I use many of them and like them all. Thank you! Mandy Broschk
oups I had searched but have missed that :( Thank you!

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Jim, I wasn't aware of your previously uploaded aloha_01.zip. They have changed their liveries quite a bit since then, but it looks very complicated to do. If attempting this is going to be a headache, don't worry about it; I'll use your posted one. I've attached a picture of it below.

Guest 747dash8

Sorry I didn't read the whole thing but thanks for that. Great PaintAndrew Cary

Hi CurtSorry about the delayed reply, I have to admit that scheme does look interesting, and as it is a new one on me if you could leave it with me for a while I will see what I can come up with.@ AndrewDo not worry about it, as for not reading all the way through things, I am possibly by far the biggest culprit, and if you need any changes or modifications to the REX scheme, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Jim Hodkinson

Hi CurtI have managed to do a first run through of the ISLAND Air colour scheme, and by first run through I mean would you kindly be an unpaid beta tester for me, and take her for a spin to see if this is what you had in mind, if so then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17073115/J41_ISLAND_Air_01.zipDo not hesitate to get back to me with any changes, additions or indeed anything that you may find that you would want updating on the repaint.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi CurtI have managed to do a first run through of the ISLAND Air colour scheme, and by first run through I mean would you kindly be an unpaid beta tester for me, and take her for a spin to see if this is what you had in mind, if so then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17073115/J41_ISLAND_Air_01.zipDo not hesitate to get back to me with any changes, additions or indeed anything that you may find that you would want updating on the repaint.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson
Jim, you did a fabulous job with that, it looks perfect to me. Thanks very much, you do great work!

Hi again CurtThank you for your extremely kind comments I really do appreciate them.I did spot an error in the design almost as soon as I posted the link, but I thought I would hold off repacking and uploading the files until I heard from yourself, the error concerns the orange / brown guitar in the tail logo, which should be in front of the red one, so I have corrected that and here is the updated download link for the new files..http://www.filefront.com/17075331/J41_ISLAND_Air_02.zipAs always, any problems, changes or updates you require, just let me know and I will try my best to assistTake care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi again CurtThank you for your extremely kind comments I really do appreciate them.I did spot an error in the design almost as soon as I posted the link, but I thought I would hold off repacking and uploading the files until I heard from yourself, the error concerns the orange / brown guitar in the tail logo, which should be in front of the red one, so I have corrected that and here is the updated download link for the new files..http://www.filefront.com/17075331/J41_ISLAND_Air_02.zipAs always, any problems, changes or updates you require, just let me know and I will try my best to assistTake care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson
Downloaded it, and just noticed the surface of the wings and elevators are now a light blue. I actually don't know if that's right or wrong, as I can't find any pictures with an above view angle. The thumbnail says Island Airt instead of Air. Thanks again for your efforts.

Hi again CurtWhoops, sorry about the thumbnail, typing obviously is not my strongest point, I have corrected the thumbnail error and repacked the files, below is the link for the latest release..http://www.filefront.com/17079145/J41_ISLAND_Air_02A.zipAs for the wing colour scheme, you are correct finding photographs of the wing surface is more than a little difficult, but I did manage to find this one which I used as a base for the J41 version of the ISLAND Air scheme, but it would not be a problem changing the colour to white if that is your preference, just let me know and I will update the files to show an all over white finish to the wing surfaces.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Jim, I hadn't seen that picture before, and I do like realism. Blue is just fine with me. Thanks again for your efforts, I appreciate your contribution to our hobby.