Sign in to follow this  
Swen

2D panel problem with all planes on ATI

You cant, its just one of those things you have to put up with on some ATI cards, its been like that since the days of the 1950XTX, ATI know about it but have yet to do anything about it.
It actually started with the 4xxx series, the older cards don't do it. Doesn't happen with FS9 and doesn't happen in the VC in FSX. I've talked directly to a member of the ATI Catalyst team multiple times about the issue and I've lost hope that they're actually going to fix it. It's there in the new 5xxx series cards too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I didn't say Nhancer would work with ATI cards, that was a response to another users question. No amount of reinstalling the drivers will fix the problem of a diagonal fold/shift in some textures on ATI cards, its a bug ATI has known about since the days of the 1950XTX and they simply ignore peoples requests for a fix, it must be a low priority for them or they don't know how to fix it.
I had at least eight ATI cards and never had that problem nor did I ever hear about that problem until I found this thread.

It actually started with the 4xxx series, the older cards don't do it. Doesn't happen with FS9 and doesn't happen in the VC in FSX. I've talked directly to a member of the ATI Catalyst team multiple times about the issue and I've lost hope that they're actually going to fix it. It's there in the new 5xxx series cards too.
Actually you are wrong it did start with the 1950XTX as I had the same problem on that card too, that's why I mentioned it, I don't just make this stuff up you know.

Cheers, Andy.

i believe Ryan is correct Andy. i had them all, the X1950 XTX, 3870 & the 4870. it started with the 4870 card. the prob. went away when i got the GTX285. Ryan, that is really dissappointing to hear that the prob. is still there with the 5000 series card.it appears to be a prob. in the GPU itself. and, no driver update will fix it. happy flyin, FM

Look I'm not arguing with you both, I'm telling you that I had this exact same problem on the 1950XTX when I had it in my last but one machine, please don't make me say it again. Just because some people didn't see this problem with the same hardware doesn't mean everyone else is a liar for saying they did see it, for all you know it may be due to certain screen resolutions and displays and not everyone uses the same hardware and not all cards are made from identical parts either.If you get really bored you could go back searching through the posts I've made on here and you will see posts about the very same subject in the PMDG forum when I had my 4870 installed (it was one of the first batch of cards to enter the UK on launch day) and in that post you will find that I talked about the same problem effected my 1950XTX on my previous machine :(

Cheers, Andy.