Sign in to follow this  
Guest morrisman1

Graphics problem with virtual cockpit

Guest morrisman1

Gday, ive joined this forum mainly to sort out this problem in FSX with SP2 installed. Ill try to explain it best i can:In any type of cockpit - virtual or not, if i hover my cursor over a gauge on the panel for more than about a second my windows will change to a solid reflection of the inside of the cockpit for about a second, ie i would usually see the chairs amongst other items. The textures that flash up are very low resolutionWhile the windows are blacked out the simulation will continue but all animations will halt till normal vision is restored. If im setting autopilot or adjusting any other dial on the instrument panel it is very annoying with the reflections flashing up. It only happens when i mouse-over interactive items, buttons that dont do anything dont cause the issue.information:intel pentium dual core, 1.8ghz e21602gb ddr2 800mhz ramasus en9400gt nvidia 9400gt 512mb low profilewindows xp sp2, all updated, latest version of directX and latest graphics driversFSX SP2, graphics settings almost maxxed out, resolution 1920x1200x32 seems to not matter which settings i use it will still do it.

IM(very)HO, the short answer is not enough computer. Think in terms of something approaching 2.5--3.0 GHz and 4Mb RAM. Even more computer than that is better, if you can swing it.

Guest morrisman1
Try turning off cockpit tooltips.
thank you very much! works perfect now.

thank you very much! works perfect now.
I had this problem with some of my older nVidia cards. I don't think this problem happens to often now with the newer cards.My GTX295 never had this display problem.

I have a 3.16GHz machine with 4GB of DDR2 and a 512MB Geforce 9800GTX+I get the same problem, i found it happened the most if i have minimised FSX to mess around with something, then brought it back up.Im not sure what causes it, it does get annoying.Although thinking about it, i dont recall it happenening recently, whether that is because i have got used to it i dont know. BUT i did update my GFX card drivers the other day, maybe worthwhile doing that in the first instance.Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722