Sign in to follow this  
Guest mwjb1984

REX2004 and Activesky 6.5

Guest mwjb1984

Hey everyone,i need some help in setting up rex2004 and activesky 6.5. i spent all day trying to figure on how to make them work together but to no avail. i want to use rex2004 only for the textures and activesky as my main weather engine. I know it is possible but i dont know to set it up. Please i'm asking for someone to take the time and write a step by step guide for beginners in setting up those two so that they work seamlessly and for others members to benefit.Many thanks

Hi,1. Start REX and submit your textures to FS.2. Close REX down.3. Start ASv6.5. Set AS to not Auto-submit textures, on the Options screen.4. Start FS and fly.Thanks,

Guest mwjb1984
Hi,1. Start REX and submit your textures to FS.2. Close REX down.3. Start ASv6.5. Set AS to not Auto-submit textures, on the Options screen.4. Start FS and fly.Thanks,
Many thanks. Activesky is the best ever addon i own. I never fly without it. Just to make sure i understood correctly... so i click on themes creation, select the textures i want and start AS afterwards???. however AS graphics (sky colour and clouds) changes according the reported metar under auto submit textures. this is more realistic than rex2004, if u need to select the textures u want before each flight. Could u confirm if i'm right or wrong in thinking that i have to manually choose textures in rex2004 before each flight compared to the auto submit og AS graphics according to the metar. Many thanks once again

Many thanks. Activesky is the best ever addon i own. I never fly without it. Just to make sure i understood correctly... so i click on themes creation, select the textures i want and start AS afterwards???. however AS graphics (sky colour and clouds) changes according the reported metar under auto submit textures. this is more realistic than rex2004, if u need to select the textures u want before each flight. Could u confirm if i'm right or wrong in thinking that i have to manually choose textures in rex2004 before each flight compared to the auto submit og AS graphics according to the metar. Many thanks once again
HelloTurn off the auto submit ASG in ActiveskyI am curious, if you feel that AS graphics is more realistic than Rex2004 for sky and clouds, why do you need Rex2004?All of this is explained in the (very Good) Rex2004 ManualIf you would rather not use the Rex weather engine just disable it in the option.If you want Rex to choose and submit textures based on the weather then make/load a flight plan in Rex, it will then load texturesYou will need to turn off "Enable autosubmit AS graphics in AS options otherwise your rex textures will be overwritten

Guest mwjb1984
HelloTurn off the auto submit ASG in ActiveskyI am curious, if you feel that AS graphics is more realistic than Rex2004 for sky and clouds, why do you need Rex2004?All of this is explained in the (very Good) Rex2004 Manual
Hi, thanks for your reply. i'm saying that AS graphics feels more realistic because of the auto submit feature. U see when i start AS weather engine, all the downloading of metars and loading of appropriate textures( sky and clouds) according to metar are done automatically on its own with auto submit with wx influenced theme, without me playing with the textures manually. And that alone save me quite some time. Whereas with rex2004, i have the impression that it is similar like flight1 flight environment where u have to select the textures manually before each flight. please correct me if i'm wrong. i know rex2004 textures are simply amazing but the whole thing of choosing the textures manually (not based on wx influenced like in AS with auto submit) puts me off from using it. i just want to find a way on how to make rex2004 loads the appropriate textures on its own without me going through the themes creation before each flight. pls help if u canthanksi read the rex2004 manual and i find it a bit confusing.

Hi, thanks for your reply. i'm saying that AS graphics feels more realistic because of the auto submit feature. U see when i start AS weather engine, all the downloading of metars and loading of appropriate textures( sky and clouds) according to metar are done automatically on its own with auto submit with wx influenced theme, without me playing with the textures manually. And that alone save me quite some time. Whereas with rex2004, i have the impression that it is similar like flight1 flight environment where u have to select the textures manually before each flight. please correct me if i'm wrong. i know rex2004 textures are simply amazing but the whole thing of choosing the textures manually (not based on wx influenced like in AS with auto submit) puts me off from using it. i just want to find a way on how to make rex2004 loads the appropriate textures on its own without me going through the themes creation before each flight. pls help if u canthanksi read the rex2004 manual and i find it a bit confusing.
Rex Auto submits textures based on downloaded metars similar to ASAll the help you need is here, http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php

Guest mwjb1984
Rex Auto submits textures based on downloaded metars similar to ASAll the help you need is here, http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php
Many thanks. i'll have a look at the link. For some weird reasons, i didnt see the end bit of your previous post. this has answered my question. thanks again =)

Many thanks. i'll have a look at the link. For some weird reasons, i didnt see the end bit of your previous post. this has answered my question. thanks again =)
HelloJusk click on the large I Just Want To Fly Icon, the next question you are asked is "Install weather related textures?"

I'm trying to figure out what's the preference for Activesky 6.5 when Activesky Advanced is so much better. :( The fidelity of ASA far out weighs AS 6.5 on the same level as FS Elemental is to REX 2004. Same company yet people seem reluctant to dive into ASA. I can tell you hands down ASA and REX are an awesome combination...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

How about with ASA? I think I did it right, but I'm not absolutely sure. Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to figure out what's the preference for Activesky 6.5 when Activesky Advanced is so much better. :( The fidelity of ASA far out weighs AS 6.5 on the same level as FS Elemental is to REX 2004. Same company yet people seem reluctant to dive into ASA. I can tell you hands down ASA and REX are an awesome combination...
HelloI have ASA but I still keep coming back to AS 6.5 (and FSmeteo)AS6.5 is the sweet spot as far as Hifi Sim products is concerned, I have had some weird things happen with the weather depiction in ASAA quick read of the Hifi Sim Forum tells me I am not alone, many folk returning to 6.5.I feel that after 6.5 it all got a bit cumbersome and overdone, I also prefer the autosubmit AS graphics over the snapshot feature in ASV.

Guest mwjb1984
hi, i tend to read the reviews before investing an addon and some people have complained about ASA compared to AS6.5. that is why i opted to go with the latter.
HelloJusk click on the large I Just Want To Fly Icon, the next question you are asked is "Install weather related textures?"
hi,i just did a test flight and it seems to be working now. i did what u told me. and when the next question appeared ( install weather related textures~) i clikcked on yes or ok. then i think rex2004 chooses automatically and without me fiddling with the textures manually, the appropriate textures based on the metar. is this correct???

There is no doubt for me that ASA with REX looks spectacular. However, I get cloud popping with ASA and I don't get it with AS6.5. Therefore, for me, ASA cannot yet be classified as 'so much better' than AS6.5. I do admit to using ASA more often now that I've got REX just because it looks great. Until it goes 'pop' that is. To be fair to Hi-Fi Sim though, they are I believe trying to find a solution to this problem for those of us that have it.No unpleasantness intended, just hoping to help you understand why some of us sometimes prefer AS6.5. :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

There is no doubt for me that ASA with REX looks spectacular. However, I get cloud popping with ASA and I don't get it with AS6.5. Therefore, for me, ASA cannot yet be classified as 'so much better' than AS6.5. I do admit to using ASA more often now that I've got REX just because it looks great. Until it goes 'pop' that is. To be fair to Hi-Fi Sim though, they are I believe trying to find a solution to this problem for those of us that have it.No unpleasantness intended, just hoping to help you understand why some of us sometimes prefer AS6.5. :(
This sounds so familiar conversation. FSX vs FS9. Active Sky 6.5 vs Active Sky Advanced. Guess which two I have (FS9 & ActiveSky 6.5)Carl Perry 7 year sim pilot

I'm not seeing any cloud popping on my end...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6