Sign in to follow this  

Anyone hear about ATI problems in FS2004.

Guest Spilot

Look in Flightsim.com under FS2004 forum and you'll find it. ATI cards flicker when using the Alt key and All the kneeboards and text is unreadable. Sounds really bad and the newest drivers still don't fix it.Can someone here post their results with FS2004 maybe just some isolated problems.AdamSpilot692000@yahoo.com

I read that too, which has me really worried as I'm moving up to an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro myself. However, one or two posters of FS2004 stuff in the Screenshots forum haven't reported any trouble at all. Hopefully they will see this thread and report back. I hope it is just isolated, or a settings issue.Glenn

I found the fellow who has an ATI Radeon in the Screenshots forum (FS2004 Lear 45), and asked him if he'd have a look for this post here and address this concern. His handle is jzimmerman. In his posts there though, he didn't hint at all regarding a problem of this sort. Hopefully it is simply an isolated issue that will be resolved for everyone.Glenn

Guest Bigshot

I just read a similar report about the 5900 FX. Rumors are normal just before a major release. Just set a restore point in XP in case FS2k4 or DX9a blows your computer up.

Fellows,I have a new ATI 9700 Pro video card and the ATI (FS2004) works great, no flicker and the text is crystal clear. I guess it must be last minute jitters by a few or something, but believe me, FS2004 doesn't have any hidden flaws or anything of that sort, unless we haven't found them yet.:-outtaBear!

Whew! :-) Thank you Bear - you are a scholar and a gentleman :-). We'll see if we get any other replies to this, but I'm very optimistic now.Glenn

Guest Bigshot

Bear; which drivers are you running?

I too have the 9800 Pro and it works perfectly in FS2004. I am now using the Catalyst 3.5 drivers, but will soon try the newly released 3.6 drivers.I HIGHLY recommend this card.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

In addition to the drivers, what's the resolution you run at?Some folks are claiming that their problems disappear with 1600x1200 res, but lower than that on a Radeon card in FS2004 fullscreen mode causes some problems.-Greg

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Fellows,I have a new ATI 9700 Pro video card and the ATI (FS2004) works great, no flicker and the text is crystal clear. I guess it must be last minute jitters by a few or something, but believe me, FS2004 doesn't have any hidden flaws or anything of that sort, unless we haven't found them yet.:-outtaBear!The problem seems to be when loading the kneeboard and scrolling the text up and down or when you are viewing and scrolling any help that the text gets messed up. This sounds like an issue with FS2004 and NOT driver specific. Someone with a Radeon (9800 preferably) please verify in full screen mode. I am wondering and worrying now myself since I have a 9800 and plan on reading through some historic flights when I get it.

I find that even with FS2004 when adding a scenery the folders will look wierd. But I am using an LDS monitor and an ATI 9500 pro. This could just be a matter of refresh rates. I don't know, I will just have to find out for myself when FS2004 is released.....

>I found the fellow who has an ATI Radeon in the Screenshots>forum (FS2004 Lear 45), and asked him if he'd have a look for>this post here and address this concern. His handle is>jzimmerman. In his posts there though, he didn't hint at all>regarding a problem of this sort. Hopefully it is simply an>isolated issue that will be resolved for everyone.>>GlennActually it's jzimmermann.... ;-)There is no specific problem with the 9800 Pro. I do notice (hear the monitor) the card switching through different modes sometimes during a game launch, but this is neither a problem, nor is it what I would term as flickering.The 9800 Pro - I have the Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro - performs as expected...it is everything I expected it to be. I had a GeForce 4600 card beforehand and I must say I've never liked the Detonator drivers. Firstly there were always so many pre-releases floating around, so-called leaked drivers, and often with a new NVidia driver performance would get worse rather than better. With ATI drivers there is no such problem. The Catalyst drivers are stable, updated regularly, and issues are addressed by the Catalyst team when they come to light.I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have regarding the 9800 Pro.;-)Jerome