Sign in to follow this  
Gary A

To the Moderators

May I suggest the signature rule appear at the top of all pages?Currently the rules have poor visibility only appearing at the bottom of the main page and not appearing in any other category page.I foresee this as being very allusive to newcomers and easily missed.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Agree Gary, many users of forums never use their real names, and they see this as a 'typical forum, so feel they do not need to read the rules as they are "experienced users". While I appreciate our forum needing and having rules, we need to encourage users to read and follow the rulesMaybe, your suggestion will help. Possibly some smart programming can be carried out so that all posts automatically either include pre-set up signatures or include the full name from the field which was used when joining the forum.Regards

Geoff Bryce

Could you please sign your posts with your real name :( David

David Porrett

Hey folks,Well I read the forum rules and have always signed with my real name.....and this includes other forums I belong to I'm not trying to say I'm perfect.....You wouldn't send a letter without signing your name so why do it on forums feeble excuse. When you join isn't there a link or something that tells you where to go for the rules etc can't remember but feel free to correct me on this one...it must drive the mods potty having to repeat themsleves all the time. And my post isn't mean't to sound harsh just adding my point of viewThanksJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

Wow I was going to make this suggestion! AGREE! I forgot about that post at the bottom of the screen until the other day. I bet about 90% new comers don't even see the post. If not moved up, at least post the rules in each section of the forum so everyone sees the post.Taylor Oldham

You wouldn't send a letter without signing your name so why do it on forums feeble excuse.
You add your address on letters too but I'm buggered if I'm posting that or my surname hereGraham

You add your address on letters too but I'm buggered if I'm posting that or my surname here
I agree about the address but my surname is reasonably anonymous!Iain Smith

Wow I was going to make this suggestion! AGREE! I forgot about that post at the bottom of the screen until the other day. I bet about 90% new comers don't even see the post. If not moved up, at least post the rules in each section of the forum so everyone sees the post.Taylor Oldham
Huh. I've never seen it. But I'm not one to post profanity, questionable stuff, etc. so I assume most sites have very similar rules, and I didn't bother to read them. Kevin H.

Guest abulaafia

Signing your real name on a public forum (which is not password protected) is nothing short of idiotic! Just using the names and a little research on the net you can compile useful profiles for marketing, spamming and who knows what else. Some months ago I sent a 10 page dossier of private information gathered only by using a name from this forum to PMDG (including finding someone's bank account and credit report by cross-referencing with a flightsim website), and many other people have repeatedly tried to tell PMDG how unsafe this practice is, but they won't listen. It's just really bad IT management. Renfold P. Wrinklebottom

Guest BlueRidgeDx

You do realize that your name, address, and phone number are all published in the phone book, right? How is signing your real name in a forum any different?That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

You do realize that your name, address, and phone number are all published in the phone book, right?
Not if one is ex-directory it doesn't. :(

Signing your real name on a public forum (which is not password protected) is nothing short of idiotic! Just using the names and a little research on the net you can compile useful profiles for marketing, spamming and who knows what else. Some months ago I sent a 10 page dossier of private information gathered only by using a name from this forum to PMDG (including finding someone's bank account and credit report by cross-referencing with a flightsim website), and many other people have repeatedly tried to tell PMDG how unsafe this practice is, but they won't listen. It's just really bad IT management. Renfold P. Wrinklebottom
Will the real Renfold P. Wrinkebottom please stand up to comment on why your name makes people laugh ?Regards, Tony Selario

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.