Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Part 3 of my FS2K4 preview is up at SimHq.com

Excellent, Jim! The most enticing peek at FS2004 that I've come across so far. Thanks for putting it together.John

Guest jason2112

A big, big thank you from me! Although I read most of the information here and there before, it's a great round up, and I'm so looking forward to getting my copy!VOlker :]

Very well done Jim. Even someone new to the sim will appreciate its features and make a good decision on buying it.I am surely looking forward to it even more now. Can't wait to see those skies. That to me alone is a great improvement.

http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssigsmall.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest Claudius

very very nice !thanks alot.Can you say a few words about blurries ???I have seen screenshots that look absolute stunning and sharp and others that locked really bad with blurry textures all over the placce.thanksgreetings

Jim,Thanks - A really nice overview of the new release - can't wait to get it installed.Thanks for the hard work in putting together this very nice review.Patrick

Thanks for taking the time to produce your 3 part review Jim, very interesting.One question which I don't think has been asked before.Is the FS navaid databse 'locked' as in previous versions of FS or can it be updated from Richard's site as can the database for FSNav, 767PIC etc, or from Microsoft's site?Thanks

I havent checked that out, my copy is not a final release anyway. I dont even have a .cfg file for mine.Hornit

How are the FS2002 panels that you put into FS2004 working? I read in another forum that some of the gauges made for FS2002 panels will not work with FS2004. I also read that we have to change the aircraft cfg file if we want the new FS2004 GPS to work with the FS2002 panels.That should not be a big problem for me, I use the default 777 and default 737 panels whenever I can. For example I use the default 737 panel for all my 737-200, 300 and 400 planes, I use the default 777 panel in all my IFDG 757's, POSKY 767's, 737NG's, and POSKY A330's. I will just swap the 2002 panels with new FS2004 panels.The other planes I have I'm sure new FS2004 panels will be made for them.