Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idahosurge

Green X's on MFD's

I have all my aircraft folders named in a format like F16A, FA18C, FA18D, B737-800, B474-400, etc.When I change the PMDG_MD11 folder to MD11 I get green X's on the MFD's, to get the MFD's back all I have to do is stop FSX, rename the folder back to PMDG_MD11, restart FSX and load the MD11.Can anyone tell me how to get the MFD's to work if I change the folder name to MD11?Regards,Rod

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have all my aircraft folders named in a format like F16A, FA18C, FA18D, B737-800, B474-400, etc.When I change the PMDG_MD11 folder to MD11 I get green X's on the MFD's, to get the MFD's back all I have to do is stop FSX, rename the folder back to PMDG_MD11, restart FSX and load the MD11.Can anyone tell me how to get the MFD's to work if I change the folder name to MD11?Regards,Rod
Hi Rod, Personally I would just live with it the way it is. I also like to tailor certain aspects for my FS environment, but what you want to do would mean editing tons of files and possibly registry entries, not to mention that the actual code for the program I'm sure references the default directory as well.

Would someone from PMDG please respond, I would like to know if it is possible to change the name of the MD11 folder from PMGD_MD11 to plain MD11.Regards,Rod

The only response you are likely to get from pmdg is having your thread locked because you don't sign your full name as required.The only method to get direct support from pmdg is via email. Be sure you get an automated response.

Why on earth would you be trying to do this? The aircraft is coded with dependencies on the aircraft folder name, there is no way to change it. Change it and you're going to see systems fail exactly like this.

Why on earth would you be trying to do this? The aircraft is coded with dependencies on the aircraft folder name, there is no way to change it. Change it and you're going to see systems fail exactly like this.
I am trying to do it because when looking in the airplanes folder for me it is a lot easier to have the aircraft folders named: F16A, F16C, FA18A, FA18D, MD11, MD80, etc.Thanks for the response, if it can not be done then it can not be done.Rod Storer