Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jacoba

Developers/Vendors who take much too long to activate a product once you buy it

My apologize but I feel a general rant is in order, no names or specifics of course.But, in this day and age of technology, access to existing delivery venues and other related computer wizardry... why on Earth does a developer, who has the time, tools and talent to create a wonderful add on for a SIM, cannot take an extra step or two to make delivery and activation of the product that you just paid good money for easy?Why?Why must it still involve a transfer of payment, access to the download itself, then an instillation (with poorly worded instructions mind you) a SIM start up so your machine binding software can "retrieve a machine specific license #" which then must be emailed to the author so he/she can then return to you a "key" of some type which you need to fully activate the add on...Why??!?!?!Even if one feels its too much of a profit loss to go with such a system as Flight1 wrapper or other similar tool, then for pete's sake man your email more than once every 24 to 48 hours so you can get your "keys" out to people inside of two days! Is that too much to ask, seeing that you were able to take my money instantaneously, I find it hard to believe that you cannot return the same and get me up and running inside of 24 hours. I could see this 5 years ago, but today... Its borderline unacceptable. :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well so far, of all the developers I have dealt with (and I have a lot of addons), I have always gotten my download links and keys almost immediately, either in the purchase process, or more often an immediate email. Is it possible the problem is your spam filter at the ISP? They are notorious for blocking the EMAIL you really want to see!! I have mine turned off, and handle it locally!!

My apologize but I feel a general rant is in order, no names or specifics of course.But, in this day and age of technology, access to existing delivery venues and other related computer wizardry... why on Earth does a developer, who has the time, tools and talent to create a wonderful add on for a SIM, cannot take an extra step or two to make delivery and activation of the product that you just paid good money for easy?Why?Why must it still involve a transfer of payment, access to the download itself, then an instillation (with poorly worded instructions mind you) a SIM start up so your machine binding software can "retrieve a machine specific license #" which then must be emailed to the author so he/she can then return to you a "key" of some type which you need to fully activate the add on...Why??!?!?!Even if one feels its too much of a profit loss to go with such a system as Flight1 wrapper or other similar tool, then for pete's sake man your email more than once every 24 to 48 hours so you can get your "keys" out to people inside of two days! Is that too much to ask, seeing that you were able to take my money instantaneously, I find it hard to believe that you cannot return the same and get me up and running inside of 24 hours. I could see this 5 years ago, but today... Its borderline unacceptable. :(
If you are writing about the developer that I think you are, this system is well beyond borderline - I won't be buying any more of their products because of it. In addition to being unwieldy it makes changing hardware or moving to a new machine a real pain.DJ
Well so far, of all the developers I have dealt with (and I have a lot of addons), I have always gotten my download links and keys almost immediately, either in the purchase process, or more often an immediate email. Is it possible the problem is your spam filter at the ISP? They are notorious for blocking the EMAIL you really want to see!! I have mine turned off, and handle it locally!!
In the case of the developer I think he's referencing, his description is entirely accurate.DJ

Spam Filter, I am positive its not the SF as I was in email contact with the developer just a few days prior to the purchase and he/she graciously answered all my questions and that was one of the reasons I decided to buy from him/her.Now that my money in out the door I would really like the ability to use my purchase. We are now well beyond the 24 hour mark and still no response. It could very well be something major on the other end, but that's all the more reason to have a fully automated process IMHO. :(

Spam Filter, I am positive its not the SF as I was in email contact with the developer just a few days prior to the purchase and he/she graciously answered all my questions and that was one of the reasons I decided to buy from him/her.
some spam filters 'overthink' issues from unknown ISPs and/or email address. may be OK as long as no html link and/or jpg/gif in the message body ... but if the confirmation has a link, and many FS purchases do, the spam filter tosses the email in the junk bin. BE AWARE, some ISPs may even toss the email before reaching the email client's inbox.--