Sign in to follow this  
Guest DomJW

Much Needed 747-400X Repaints.

Jim,Thats the one! Registration VR-HUE would be great.Speaking of IGS approaches at KTK and a bit off-topic, I cant seem to add the appropriate Kai Tak SIDS/STARS and fixes to the PMDG nav database.Last time I tried it messed up the navdata pretty bad!Thanks!!

Hi Boy am I glad it is that one, as on the off chance I took a gamble and started her, so she should not take to long to finish, it is getting a little late hear, but I will see what I can do, at the latest it will be uploaded by the morning, well the morning here anyway.The shot attached is the work in progress at the moment.Just a heads up, but you know it would be a good idea to add you name to your posts, as not only is it a forum requirement, it does help to know who you are talking to, it also will stop the possibility of the post being deleted.Anyway take care, and back as soon as I have her finished.As for adding VHHX to your navdata, I could PM you the instructions for adding it to your navdata if you like, it is an easy modification, but it is also easy to have the modification go pear shaped as well.Jim Hodkinson

Guest 747-400 luva

Hey JimThe V Australia repaint is perfect, but the boeing 747-400 logo is back to front. I don't know if that is able to be fixed.Thanks in advanceEvan

Hi EvenErm, whoops, you know I really should look at both sides of the repaint in future, actually I was thinking of updating her, as some photographs seem to show a slight curve to the bottom of the red tail stripe, so seeing as I dropped one on this, I though I would add the curve to the tail section as well, if you want it removing, it is not a problem, just let me know.Anyway to the important bit, here is the link for the updated files..http://www.filefront.com/15481899/V_OZ_02.zipRemember anything you want changing, just let me know, the same goes for any clangers I have made.Take care, and good flying.Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,Its starting to look good! Dont forget the Rolls-Royce engines though!I managed to add the VHHX fixes, lets see if they work. Thanks againCarlos A M DoriaPS-Sorry to be nitpicky, if you check the Anet database there are pics of VR-HUE with the green stripe in the RR engine nacelles.Could those be added to the repaint, or is too complex?

Hi CarlosNot a problem, do not worry about it, I actually had just noticed myself that I had used the GE power plants, and it is good to hear that you want the one with the green stripe on the engine cowlings, as a lot of them had bare metal, so the green stripe is good news for me, even though the lower fuselage is a bare metal finish.Back as soon as I can with the download link, just having my morning coffee at the moment, and it usually takes at least two cups for me to become fully operational.Jim Hodkinson

Hi CarlosWell a couple of cups of coffee later, and feeling better for it, I have managed to get her finished (I hope), I have also added instructions on how to add VHHX to the FMC, just in case you need them.To the important bit, here is the download ink for the files

Hi CarlosThank you very much for the kind words, it is really very appreciated, and my apologies for the delayed reply.I am glad that you got the procedures sorted out, and that you have the repaint you wanted, I am also more than a little envious that you seem by the screen shots to have got the IGS 13 approach nailed, and can take screen shots whilst doing it (great shots by the way), I have problems with that approach in the 737-600, I have not even attempted it yet in the 747.If after you have done some further flying find that you do need anything modifying on the repaint, do not hesitate to get in touch, and I will try my best to help if possible.Take care, and enjoy VHHX.Jim Hodkinson

How's the Kalitta coming?Rob
Hello Rob,Actually I got distracted by some EL AL and Saudi Arabian repaints! Sorry about that.I plan to start the Kalitta today or tomorrow.I'll let you know when she's ready for takeoff!Mark Aldridge

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi CarlosThank you very much for the kind words, it is really very appreciated, and my apologies for the delayed reply.I am glad that you got the procedures sorted out, and that you have the repaint you wanted, I am also more than a little envious that you seem by the screen shots to have got the IGS 13 approach nailed, and can take screen shots whilst doing it (great shots by the way), I have problems with that approach in the 737-600, I have not even attempted it yet in the 747.If after you have done some further flying find that you do need anything modifying on the repaint, do not hesitate to get in touch, and I will try my best to help if possible.Take care, and enjoy VHHX.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim,Actually the screenshots are from the replay - note that the wings have no flex at all, itypical for PMDG replays (I dont know why, interestingly Level-d does

Hello Rob,Actually I got distracted by some EL AL and Saudi Arabian repaints! Sorry about that.I plan to start the Kalitta today or tomorrow.I'll let you know when she's ready for takeoff!Mark Aldridge
Looking forward to it! Thanks.Rob

Hi CarlosWell a couple of cups of coffee later, and feeling better for it, I have managed to get her finished (I hope), I have also added instructions on how to add VHHX to the FMC, just in case you need them.To the important bit, here is the download ink for the files…http://www.filefront.com/15484495/747_CP_01.zipas usual, any changes, additions or just about anything really, that you need doing, just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim HodkinsonDo not worry about the lighter looking tail in the screen shot, the logo light is on and the sun is shining directly on it.
Man, this is a beautiful repaint! I have an older Cathay Pacific corporate model of the 747-400 in this scheme in 1/100 scale, it's always been a favorite of mine. I am flying VHHX - LFPG as I type this... thanks for the great work!

Regards,

Jody Pombrio

PMDG 737NG // PMDG 747 QOTSII // PMDG 777 // Level-D 767 // FS2Crew 747 QOTSII // FS2Crew Level-D 767//

Wow, you doing an El Al one ?! That's absolutely fantastic! I've been waiting so long for a good 747-400X El Al repaint... I eventually tried to do it myself, but fact is, I'm not yet good enough to do repaints with wavy lines and such on the fuselage. Great to hear you are doing one!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case