Sign in to follow this  
captdini

NG2 Wish list

Hi,Sorry if I have started this topic, I hope it is not out of line.Just some things I would love to see on the NG2.1. Both types of MCP's. That is the older Sperry/Honeywell and the current Collins2. Dual FMC capability. I dont mean 2 MCDU's. Which update version are you modeling?3. Eye browed and Non eyebrowed aircraft4. ACP similar to the 7475. Maybe a choice of 2 Transponder panels if possible6. The current NG has separate switches for the strobes and POS lights. Maybe an option for the single switch can be given?7. Working O2 masks if depressurization is being modeled. If not, at least O2 test procedure can be implemented if possible? 8. Galley switch vs Cab/Util and IFE option9. Start switches Off or Auto option.10. EEC soft and hard alternate modes simulated. 11. CDS / DEU failures implemented12. Lights test switch implementedCheers,Dinshaw.

Guest DENMARK1

i would love a weather radar :( anyway i buy the ngx no matter what, also because i hate ariane studios

Agree to all above. [3] Non-eyebrows come with an updated cockpit design...[+] Landing lights switch separated for Inboard/Outboard lts, but I presume that's the standard anyway.

Yup a weather radar would be fantastic even if it wasn't a perfect simulation. We are only pretending to fly after all!Also seeing as FSX has the polygons to spare, I'd love to see a model option which includes a 3d co-pilot. Not really seen this in an FS airliner addon since A320 PIC and I'm sure a much better job could be done these days. If he/she was animated to perform actions like using the gear and flap levers, then even better. Getting a little tired of being alone up there!

What exactly would a "working" O2 mask entail in a simulator?
Hi Ryan,What I mean to say is that, if you are planning on simulating Cabin depressurization, then it would be great if you could include simulating the donning of masks and establishing crew comms. Maybe a click spot to simulate the release of the mask doors, yellow flow light and the 100% switch. Also, if you can simulate the sound, even better :( . That is what I meant. I hope this explanation is clear. Also, at present on the MD-11 we just click on the O2 mask and hear a hisssssss to simulate a test. Maybe, you could add more detail to the O2 system if possible in the NG.Thanks,Dinshaw.

Agree to all above. [3] Non-eyebrows come with an updated cockpit design...[+] Landing lights switch separated for Inboard/Outboard lts, but I presume that's the standard anyway.
Hi Marius,You are right about the no-eyebrows. I guess with the updated NG2 we need to update to only No eyebrows :( Secondly, good point on the Landing lights. At the moment, all lights come on with one click. It simulates the gang switch on the 737. The gang switch of course only turns all the lights on and not off. Hopefully individual lights will be modeled as well.A few other things I would love to see:1. Flap skew and asymmetry simulated, flap guage stuck and erroneous LE Transit light.2. A good shortcut to delete all data in the FMC after landing is to select the older date of the Active database and then reselect the current one back. This can be seen on the IDENT page. This is good if you are doing through flights, as all fields will be blank ready for accepting new data. Hope this can also be simulated.Cheers,Dinshaw.

Guest realatp
i would love a weather radar :( anyway i buy the ngx no matter what, also because i hate ariane studios
AHAHAHAH I'm going to buy 2 PMDG 737's on for me and then the other for Ariane Desgin.

Three words: "USB O2 Masks" :(
Replace the O2 with Laughing Gas..

Personally, and this is just a wish list, but it goes a long way to adding immersion where other developers leave you remembering it's a sim:-Overheating of the brakes on fast landings on short runways. I've seen a developer actually make the effectiveness of the brakes decrease as the temperatures rise until the brakes lose all effectiveness. I think that's an amazing implementation to the simulation to give a die-hard sim pilot.-Bad engine operation leading to problems. The J-41 or the Maddog MD-80 are great examples, but I've heard horror stories from African and Asian airlines about problems with the 737. That said, the CFM-56 is a lot better than the engines on the old 737 which was really only good for about 6,000 cycles before it needed work. The ones on the NG are good for 28,000 cycles, so those horror stories that can be replicated in a J-41 or MD-80 probably don't apply. Or do they? :( Kenneth Smith

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

In adition to the ones listed some features I would like is:1: Expanding the ACARS interface to maybe include weather download, and maybe the possibility to send messages to dispatch and get a reply. Would be nice in combination with a failure simulation.2: Different engine configs.3: Keep the simulation options menu in the FMC from the MD-11. :) (And issue an update for the 747 where you add the same menu there :()4: Able to configure altitude callouts.5: Awsome soundset. ;)6: Predefined airline configs, like you did with the NG1

Guest realatp

OOOOOOOOO ACARS. I would love to pick up my METAR and TAF from ASA while in flight in the 73's. One problem I have with ASA is that I can only get the WX like 100nm from the airport. Which sucks, because some STAR are depenedent upon the rwy ur using and they are way longer then 100nm in length.I would love to flying an AA 737 and send an ACARS back to KJFK (where the dispatch is) and tell them my FL GS and if there was any chop. A reply I dont care about but w/e.Or how about dispatch sending me my FS Build Flight Plan then transfering it into the FMC like the T7 does. I dono just make it very immersive. Thanks

Maybe it's on Flight Vehicle Catering Sytem (I think that's what's it called..)Like the NGX will have it's own Towtruck, airstairs, baggage carts, wheel chocks etc. A virtual cabin, quite like you guys did with the 747x.

+Functional circuit breaker panel+Windshield starts to visibly ice up if heat isn't activated Either item is modeled on the Maddog 2008 which is why it kind of sets the standard for me in terms of failure simulation aspects.+Wingviews...