Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

VC flickering and Texture_Max_Load

Hi guys!I've recently been suffering from the previously mentioned corruption of the virtual cockpit, where large transparant blue shapes flicker all over the screen occasionally in the VC. This came on all of a sudden one day, having used the aircraft happily with no bother for a couple of weeks. It doesn't happen every time, but quite frequently.I was scratching my head as to what I must have done to make it happen so suddenly - surely it wouldn't just start happening for no reason! Then I realised, shortly before the problems started, I had applied a 'tweak' to the FSX.cfg file to up the Texture_Max_Load value from the default 1024, to 4096 in order to take advantage of the REX high definition clouds. Could this change have caused the VC graphics corruption?Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Why don't you set it back to 1024 to see?Oh, and come back to tell us what you found out...:(Andrew

I get this corruption as well, happens if I go in to an FSX menu then come back to VC. The only solution is to quit FSX and start it up again. I never go back in to the menus once my flight is loaded...

HelloI just started to get this problem today too. I've tried restarting FSX but it keep happening while in VC view.Badger PS I've just noticed that 'Windows Update' updated my GTX285 driver over the weekend to 8.16.11.9107 so I wonder if this is as a result of that? I can't find anything else that's changed that may be causing this. Is anyone else with this problem using this driver?

HelloI just started to get this problem today too. I've tried restarting FSX but it keep happening while in VC view.Badger PS I've just noticed that 'Windows Update' updated my GTX285 driver over the weekend to 8.16.11.9107 so I wonder if this is as a result of that? I can't find anything else that's changed that may be causing this. Is anyone else with this problem using this driver?
I'm having this same issue with the J41 and was thinking of returning it if that is possible. It seems to come and go but is very annoying. Possibly related to the new nVidia drive 196.21 WHQL that I may rollback.Does PMDG do returns? I bought the plane yesterday.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I'm having this same issue with the J41 and was thinking of returning it if that is possible. It seems to come and go but is very annoying. Possibly related to the new nVidia drive 196.21 WHQL that I may rollback.Does PMDG do returns? I bought the plane yesterday.jja
Just set VC cockpit model option to "medium" in the config manager and it will go away

Just set VC cockpit model option to "medium" in the config manager and it will go away
OK thanks. It went away in DX10 mode but then there exterior lights are spotty. Same as the F1 Mustang.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I set it back to 1024 and it seemed to alleviate this particular problem. However I am getting various different problems in FSX at the moment for some reason, though they're not PMDG J41 related. Whatever aircraft i'm using, the graphics can just disappear - both for the aircraft skin and/or interior, and the textures for the airport runway/buildings just leaving the terrain underneath. It's very annoying!Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I set it back to 1024 and it seemed to alleviate this particular problem. However I am getting various different problems in FSX at the moment for some reason, though they're not PMDG J41 related. Whatever aircraft i'm using, the graphics can just disappear - both for the aircraft skin and/or interior, and the textures for the airport runway/buildings just leaving the terrain underneath. It's very annoying!Regards,Tom Wright
I've always used 1024 and have always seen this issue unless I turn off ice effects visible from inside the VC.

I've always used 1024 and have always seen this issue unless I turn off ice effects visible from inside the VC.
There is an issue on some people's systems which causes this problem. Basically it's some kind of hidden part overload.Best thing to do is to disable icing in your PMDG J41 configuration manager for the VC until we come up with a fix.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Yeah, It's like after you pay a little more to get a sports car after and complaining of a weird vibration while driving over 60 the garage tells you " You just have to drive under 60 and it will go away" !!! 

That's exactly what I was told from PMDG support and therefor leaving me with no other choice than go back to my less detailed but so much less anoying to use Carenado aircrafts not even considering the risk of purchasing other products like the 737, 747 or 777.

• Upvote 1

holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg