Sign in to follow this  
golfbravo

Turboprops in FS2004

Hi there,Being the turboprop junkie that I am, I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on their behavior in FS2004.1) Are the start up sounds more realistic?2) Is taxing more controllable (i.e. no more heavy braking to keep the taxi speed under control)?3) Are the flight dynamics improved?4) Is the approach and landing more realistic and controllable?5) Are the sounds improved (especially reverse beta)?6) Do the props visually simulate pitch change form high rpm to feather ( the only aircraft I've come across that simulates this in FS2002 is the PSS Dash 8)?Thanks for any responseJ.C. (MYNN)

Guest CargoMun

The GA is tuned better flight dynamics and all. My favorite thing is that you dont have to put throttles into takeoff speed almost just to start taxi'ing :) Im not sure about the rest yet havent tested them that much.

Well, I don't have 2004 yet, but I read in a forum earlier that the answer is no. That's a shame really - I like the t-props as well, but unless you have the Fanda Dash 8, and maybe the Aerosoft ATR (not sure about that one), we are out of luck I'm afraid. Hopefully someone can refute this though :-).Glenn

Heya J.C., I'm not sure if the default aircraft for FS2004 visually change pitch, but the excellent freeware ATR 42-500 and -72-500 by Paco Sanchez visually change pitch (and have sounds for each state to boot!). If you don't have these birds in your library, what're you waiting for? lol. Cheers!George

Hello George, have you experienced any visual distortion on the ATR gauges in FS2004?I have already received a couple of mails for two users who do; things like airspeed needle and ADI display misplaced and much larger than it should be. I have not been albe to check myself since FS2004 is not available in Spain yet (probably won't get it before September, since I'm now going on vacations to South America).Paco

Guest jcomm

Apart from the various changes made to the AIR file, making the flight performance a lot more believable, there is a notable difference between the engine model of the Kingair between 2002 and 2004:- When one operates the anti-ice ducts there is a change (realistic, even if a little bit abrupt, and applied to both engines at the same time...) in ITT, Torque and FF. Using ELITE v7 Kingair for comparison, although the instrument scales on MSFS aren't that realistic, I can confirm that the changes look realistic!!!

Hello Paco,You could have ordered it from Simware at http://www.simw.com , they have a representative in Spain. Anyway, have a nice vacation in South America. As we are retired, we avoid travelling during the summer period, bu we'll be in our house in Javea (Alic) from end of october till beginning of december.J.J.

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Paco:I downloaded your excellent ATR-72 yesterday, and when I loaded it up in FS2004, I saw the problems that you mentioned. Most of the instruments on the left side of the panel had their needles or displays misplaced and some were about twice the size of the gauges. The right-hand airspeed indicator had a huge pointer on it, the HSI was offset about 20-30 pixels down from where it should be, the altimeter and several other gauges had their pointers offset in various directions as well. The engine gauges all looked fine.