Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

CLS 767 for FSX

Hello,I am considering buying the CLS 767 for FSX. For those who own it I have 2 questions I hope you don't mind sharing your thoughts on:1. Do you like how it performs?2. Are the VC windows clear or are they tinted like their FSX 747?Thanks muchly,Stephen

From what I've heard it isn't even a native FSX model.You would be MUCH better off getting the Level-D 767. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

From what I've heard it isn't even a native FSX model.You would be MUCH better off getting the Level-D 767. :(
I second this! the Level-D 767 is worth the price!

Yes I know. I have had the Level D 767 for years, first in FS9 and now in FSX. It is a great rendition of a great aircraft for those who want to continue repeating all the intricate procedures ad infinitum that it does best. I also bought the new Captain Sim 767 as well to park alongside my low hours 757 in the hanger. They are great aircraft, but are far too much bother to bother with.I now prefer to aviate up close and personal in FTX scenery in premium aircraft like the Lotus L-39 and the Real Air Duke. When I do fly tubeliners I want them to be just as quick to set up and fly as they are. If I wanted to actually study and remember everything I need to practise to fly a real airliner, I would have done so decades ago for real money, not now just for fun.I appreciate that if someone stays in this hobby long term they go through different stages that stretch their imagination in different ways at different times. At least I did. Once upon a time aircraft complexity and authentic procedure turned me on and I spent countless hours preparing for and flying long distance flights. Things change and interests wander around after awhile, otherwise it gets boring and stale.Maybe the CLS 767 is not good enough and a bit too simple for me to enjoy. On the other hand, if I can pull away from the gate and lift the gear in 5 or 10 minutes and do so with more realism than the faulty defaults, that might just scratch the itch that returns from time to time. Even then, the CLS bird has to look and feel good or I will pass on it.Does anyone like it? Can you see out the windows properly?Stephen

> On the other hand, if I can pull away from the gate and lift the gear in 5 or 10 minutes [clip]You can do so in the leveld as well.

The LVLD767 PMDG744 & MD11 can be setup and ready to go in under 10 mins fully configured. I can never understand why people claim it takes a long time unless they are completely new to the aircraft. Regards

Rob Prest

I was going to buy it the day it was released but got sidetracked here for a few days. When I went back to take the plunge I noticed they changed the requirements from FSX to FSX with SP1 "and" SP2 installed. I never really got a straight answer from them whether it was SP1 compatible. Just the usual response why don't I run SP2? and they assumed everybody runs SP2 so I'm glad I didn't buy it. I didn't want to take the chance when they said that likely it would work but they weren't sure. If it was released thru Flight 1 I wouldn't have had a problem getting a refund if it didn't.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

The LVLD767 PMDG744 & MD11 can be setup and ready to go in under 10 mins fully configured. I can never understand why people claim it takes a long time unless they are completely new to the aircraft. Regards
Exactly.I have the feeling those who claim it takes them forever to set them planes up never actually used the planes.The prob bought the planes ,looked at them and that was it, lol.

Exactly.I have the feeling those who claim it takes them forever to set them planes up never actually used the planes.The prob bought the planes ,looked at them and that was it, lol.
Yeah I think that happens a lot, although my post was not in any way trying to disrespect the original post, just pointing out that it shouldn't be hard to setup these aircraft quickly.Regards

Rob Prest

Yeah I think that happens a lot, although my post was not in any way trying to disrespect the original post, just pointing out that it shouldn't be hard to setup these aircraft quickly.Regards
I agree, sometimes if I dont have the time to fly anywhere, i'll load up the LDS767 with it already running get the freq's for the ILS runway at the airport where I am starting and just practice hand flying approaches. If the airplane is already runny you can be in the air in minutes if you want to.If you want to actually go somewhere you dont need to program the SIDs/STARs, just use the FSX flight planned, plan the flight, write down the names of the navaids your going to use, such as VOR's and intersections and plug them into the FMC real quick, taxi to the runway and go. Even taking the short cuts you can be in the air in no more than 5 minutes.As a matter of fact tonight I did two flights in the LDS 767. The first was a recreation of a real flight I did in Brasil two weeks ago from Rio to Sao Paulo. I used ASA to load the weather from that date and time, fully used the FMC, started cold and dark, etc. the whole works.After I was done with that flight I was still wanting more, so I did another real world from DFW to MIA. However I didnt feel like going thru all the steps this time with the planning and starting engines. I snag the route off of flightaware.com, load the LDS with engines running, filled the route into the FMC, but skipped the SID, taxied to the runway and was off in, all in about 5 minutes time. Once in the air and started getting a little bored I went ahead and inserted the STAR and then hand flew the approach.Anyway Stephen the point I was trying to make with this story, is that the LDS 767 can be flow without going thru all the procedures if you want to. Granted it doesnt have a GPS, but imho the FMC is easier to enter a route into than the default GPS anyway. There's nothing preventing you from loading a running LDS 767 and just setting 2 notches of flaps a little trim and just taking off and hand flying it. Sometimes Ido just that if I am testing a new scenery to see how it is on FPS.Regards,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No disrespect meant here either.I think that if one ever owned and used a pmdg or the leveld plane one knows very well that you can be up and flying in no time. If you have a hard time or don't know how to se it up you are either just starting using it or you never used it at all.

No disrespect meant here either.I think that if one ever owned and used a pmdg or the leveld plane one knows very well that you can be up and flying in no time. If you have a hard time or don't know how to se it up you are either just starting using it or you never used it at all.
I agree; I think the PMDG and Level-D FMC's are the best around and are by far the quickest to set up (just my opinion). Everything always seems to work as planned and was very well designed, and if fact I do only short flights (one hour or less)due to time constraints. There is certainly nothing wrong with a flight from EDDK to EDDF in a Fedex MD-11! There is a certain comfort I get when I finish my set up of the MD-11 FMC and the green configuration box is illuminated. At that point you have clearly done enough for a successful flight and that can be achieved in just a couple of minutes. In fact, most of the commercial jets in general are fairly easy and quick to program. Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Anyway Stephen the point I was trying to make with this story, is that the LDS 767 can be flow without going thru all the procedures if you want to. Granted it doesnt have a GPS, but imho the FMC is easier to enter a route into than the default GPS anyway. There's nothing preventing you from loading a running LDS 767 and just setting 2 notches of flaps a little trim and just taking off and hand flying it. Sometimes Ido just that if I am testing a new scenery to see how it is on FPS.Regards,Sean
You caught me out cmpbellsjc. As you know from an earlier thread this is one of the ways I can slide out from under burying my head in the Level D manual again. My main problem is a lack of self disipline to stop playing and start work in learning and relearning systems and procedures and most of all, the FMC. or...buy a no brainer again like the CLS. :(

Stephen,Just in case you are interested there must be a tutorial for the leveldsim out there.Can't recall if it's here on avsim or over at leveldsim.You go through it once or twice and then it will all be very very easy.

Stephen,Just in case you are interested there must be a tutorial for the leveldsim out there.Can't recall if it's here on avsim or over at leveldsim.You go through it once or twice and then it will all be very very easy.
I would be really interested in locating those tutorials. Thanks.Stephen