Sign in to follow this  
digitalfil

The Mystery of frames dropping in w7

Hi Guys Seems that this ghost does not want to leave some of our computersI too have this problem with feelthere erj 145 v2 SP2 and i learned that happens both in fs9 and fsx in computers running W7 32 or 64whatever the edition.from what i read all over the net this is a real mistery but i believe that must be a tecnhical explanation for this thing to happen1-tried reinstall / no go (no go stands for no improvement)2-rex weather disabled / no go3-start fsx flight with default cessna with cold and dark an then switching to erj / no goand for now this is itHoping for some light hereI5 750 4GIG GEFORCE 9800 GT :(

Hi Guys Seems that this ghost does not want to leave some of our computersI too have this problem with feelthere erj 145 v2 SP2 and i learned that happens both in fs9 and fsx in computers running W7 32 or 64whatever the edition.from what i read all over the net this is a real mistery but i believe that must be a tecnhical explanation for this thing to happen1-tried reinstall / no go (no go stands for no improvement)2-rex weather disabled / no go3-start fsx flight with default cessna with cold and dark an then switching to erj / no goand for now this is itHoping for some light hereI5 750 4GIG GEFORCE 9800 GT :(
Hi digitalfil,I would like to suggest that you check your energy power savings scheme in W7 configuration. Make sure you are using the "Maximum performance" scheme.I'm running W7-64 Home Premium with FS9 and in the beginning I was also experiencing a lot of fluctuations in the frame rates, until I changed my energy savings scheme to maximum. In my case it was with all aircraft and not specifically with 1 type. Hope this helps.RegardsDaveAntwerp, Belgium

Dave,I too was having low performance issues in Windows 7 with FSX and after reading your post, I changed my power options to "High Performance" and now FSX is running like a charm. I believe it has to do with the difference in PCI Express setting of the selected power option.Merci beaucoup !I hope it will also solve digitalfil's problem.

Normand

Intel i7 14700K @ 5.6 GHz / Asus ROG STRIX Z790E Wi-Fi / 32GB DDR5 6400 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 1000 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 11

Dave,I too was having low performance issues in Windows 7 with FSX and after reading your post, I changed my power options to "High Performance" and now FSX is running like a charm. I believe it has to do with the difference in PCI Express setting of the selected power option.Merci beaucoup !I hope it will also solve digitalfil's problem.
No guys not yet goint to make some changes like downgrading to directx 9ci just love that plane and not beig able to fly it is just a terrible painJorge LPPR

No guys not yet goint to make some changes like downgrading to directx 9ci just love that plane and not beig able to fly it is just a terrible painJorge LPPR
I thought about doing that as well. How do you downgrade from dx11?I also never at different different powers settings. Mine was set to balanced, now at performance. We'll see if it helps.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

It happened to me too.Same thing.What I did was I uninstalled rex and reinstalled it... and for some uknown reason it worked.

I had this issue when I set FSX to run in Windows XP compatabliity mode. I set it back to default and no more problems.
Thanks Jim! That worked for my ERJ170/190 aircraft. Wonderful! :(