Sign in to follow this  
stevewhatmore

FS9 stops mid flight and reloads scenery

When flying to the canary islands FS9 stops and reloads the scenery, and then carries on as if nothing has happend.I have had aerosoft canary islands installed for years, but have just recently installed the canary sim scenery also.There must be some conflict between the two, but as i recall the canary sim install asked if the aerosoft scenery was also installed and adjusted the files to suit.Anyone have any ideas what to do, or do i need to uninstall the canary sim scenery. steve

When flying to the canary islands FS9 stops and reloads the scenery, and then carries on as if nothing has happend.I have had aerosoft canary islands installed for years, but have just recently installed the canary sim scenery also.There must be some conflict between the two, but as i recall the canary sim install asked if the aerosoft scenery was also installed and adjusted the files to suit.Anyone have any ideas what to do, or do i need to uninstall the canary sim scenery. steve
Steve, it's just a thought but you haven't got FSUIPC set to sync FS to real time have you?I seem to remember this issue could be caused by that.All the bestStu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

That happens to me while using FSRealtime. I avoid it by synching them before I push back. It also synchs ASA with fs so atc is correct on their runway assignments.Do you use ai?? It might be reloading the traffic.

Steve,You must uncheck, in the FS general option menu, sync time with PC time. Otherwise, especially on long haul flight, every 15 degrees(longitude) the sim will recalculate the time difference between your PC time and the UTC time according to where your are on the globe.That's not an FSUIPC issue, it's a defaut FS option that must be unchecked.

Arnaud, I have done as you say in general settings and unchecked the sync time to pc.cohortI also use lots of AI and ASv6.ill try the flight again soon and let you know how i get on.thanks for the info gents steve

Steve,You must uncheck, in the FS general option menu, sync time with PC time. Otherwise, especially on long haul flight, every 15 degrees(longitude) the sim will recalculate the time difference between your PC time and the UTC time according to where your are on the globe.That's not an FSUIPC issue, it's a defaut FS option that must be unchecked.
No, stock FS will never do this. And that option sets your startup flight time to the time on your PC. There are no sync options within FS itself.

No, stock FS will never do this.
heh. you are a funny person Jim :( Of course FS does that. Period. Why do you think I have that unchecked? Simply because I had the same issue when flying transpacific flights. And I got rid of the problem by unchecking.That being said, I dont use Active Sky, unlike Steve. There could lie the difference.

Hi,Please take a screen shot of the page that has that option on it. Don't use the Settings-General screen/Time/System Time screen because that is not what that option does.And it doesn't matter whether you are using Active Sky or not, because there is nothing there that syncs times either.

Look, Jim, no need to post a screenie of that page here, because the one you're refering to is exactly the setting I am talking about, in the general settings. Simple.You say that it is not what that option does, that it only serves to boot the sim at the date/time taken from the PC clock: OK, that is what you say, perhaps you're right, or partly right, but all I can say it that it solved the problem for me, and for good. From memory, the choice is 'PC timer' or 'flight time'. Correct, flight time, says it all no?You know time fuses, right? You know you change a time fuse each 15 degrees east-west or the other way round from the Greenwich meridian (360/24=15), right? If you cross one of those time fuse at 12.00GMT, the sim will recalculate the sim time accoding to the pc clock and the meridian you're over, to stay tuned with it, and thus reload both AI, textures, etc according to the new time of the day/location it has just computed.That is how it work. Perhaps it's not written nowhere but that's how I fixed that annoying thing, and I found that fix because it is nothing but logical. One more thing: FS9 time is wrong: you loose few seconds per hour, so on a 10 hours time the ellapsed time in FS will not be the same than on your watch, there's always some missing minutes.

Hi,"You know time fuses, right? You know you change a time fuse each 15 degrees east-west or the other way round from the Greenwich meridian (360/24=15), right? If you cross one of those time fuse at 12.00GMT, the sim will recalculate the sim time accoding to the pc clock and the meridian you're over, to stay tuned with it, and thus reload both AI, textures, etc according to the new time of the day/location it has just computed."No, this is not true unless you have a time utility like FS Real Time. FS 2004 all by itself just doesn't act this way. Turn that option back on and fly and you will see for yourself.

No, this is not true unless you have a time utility like FS Real Time. FS 2004 all by itself just doesn't act this way. Turn that option back on and fly and you will see for yourself.
:( You're just hilarious, Jim! gee wiz...

Hi,"You know time fuses, right? You know you change a time fuse each 15 degrees east-west or the other way round from the Greenwich meridian (360/24=15), right? If you cross one of those time fuse at 12.00GMT, the sim will recalculate the sim time accoding to the pc clock and the meridian you're over, to stay tuned with it, and thus reload both AI, textures, etc according to the new time of the day/location it has just computed."No, this is not true unless you have a time utility like FS Real Time. FS 2004 all by itself just doesn't act this way. Turn that option back on and fly and you will see for yourself.
Actully Jim is right. FS cannot kept up with the real time. I keep that the time option checked in FS only to start FS9 to the same time as my computer. But it willnot hold that time nor sync to my computer time during flight. I use FS Real time for that function. If FS9 is re syncing on your system with that option checked, then you have other issues. Matter of fact when DST starts in the spring, I'll have to reset my default startup time again to the time zone I'm in.Bill M :(

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

:( You're just hilarious, Jim! gee wiz...
There is nothing funny about posting mis-information. To be mistaken is one thing, but to post things that are just not true and the community knows they are not true, is not being responsible. Re-teaching and re-learning things is not funny, hilarious, or humorous. It is hard work, as I have to do this almost everyday working with 14 and 15 year olds in science class.If you want to think that it is true, then that is your choice, but please keep it to yourself as your own little FS secret.

It appears that my scenery CFG was all over the place. scenery and layers were not in sequence, and different.I used the tool SCM2004 by 2003 Hans Hartmann to correct the file.Now they both scenery and layers run in sequence with the same number.i dont know how this happend in the first place but i think it must hace occurred after i installed the canary sim files.I now seams to work OKthanks for everyones help steve