Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

EZCA released

Guest Nils79

Can i also use a joystick axis to look around?

Can i also use a joystick axis to look around?
POV hat - yes, joystick axis - no.

Guest Nils79
POV hat - yes, joystick axis - no.
Arghh.. i'm using the Xbox360 controller. Left analogue stick for flight controls, right analogue stick for view controls, triggers for rudders, d-pad up/down for propeller control, d-pad left/right for mixture control, Y and A buttons for throttle inc/dec. shoulder buttons for flaps up/down. That's perfect because everything is on one controller.

Arghh.. i'm using the Xbox360 controller. Left analogue stick for flight controls, right analogue stick for view controls, triggers for rudders, d-pad up/down for propeller control, d-pad left/right for mixture control, Y and A buttons for throttle inc/dec. shoulder buttons for flaps up/down. That's perfect because everything is on one controller.
I don't see why it would not work with EZCA. You would basically just be skipping the POV and mouselook controls part of it. You could ask the devopers first on the forum, or just buy it and check for yourself - 30 day refund policy with Flight one as always.

I think it is OK on 64-bit systems now. Many 64-bit users are using it now!There will be an update soon to help in other situations, but I think it is OK for 64-bit users to get the product.
Can anyone confirm they are using it successfully with XP 64-bit ?Thanks

Guest Nils79
I don't see why it would not work with EZCA. You would basically just be skipping the POV and mouselook controls part of it. You could ask the devopers first on the forum, or just buy it and check for yourself - 30 day refund policy with Flight one as always.
Done :) Thanks for your fast help!

Guest j0nx

I'm confused now. I just watched a video on youtube with this and it looked like you were using trackir? You zoomed in on the dashboard and then panned smoothly left, right and down like you were using trackir as well? I thought this didn't work with trackir? Sure looks like it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvXQBOMktj4

I'm confused now. I just watched a video on youtube with this and it looked like you were using trackir? You zoomed in on the dashboard and then panned smoothly left, right and down like you were using trackir as well? I thought this didn't work with trackir? Sure looks like it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvXQBOMktj4
In the VC, you can move around with full freedom. Hold the center mouse button down, and use the arrow keys for forward, backward, left, right, and Pg Up/Dwn keys to move your head forward or backward. You will move forward in the direction the mouse points, like a 3D game. It is a full 6 degrees of freedom.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest Captain787

Hello , I have DBS(Walk and Follow) and I am thinking about buy this add-on , Should I uninstall DBS? any problem to have both?

In the VC, you can move around with full freedom. Hold the center mouse button down, and use the arrow keys for forward, backward, left, right, and Pg Up/Dwn keys to move your head forward or backward. You will move forward in the direction the mouse points, like a 3D game. It is a full 6 degrees of freedom.
This seems completely unintuative and clunky. If anything, seems like a step back in the immersion factor if you are already used to full range movement with Track IR. I fly 90% from the VC, and it doesn't seem as though this would really be an enhancement for someone used to TIR functionality. A real pity as I think the vibration and movement effects are excellent - but not if i need to use keys to look around.So if I have Track IR, what does 2 axis movement give me if it can be used with 'mouse emulation mode' ? Side-to-side movement with TIR,?Eric

So if I have Track IR, what does 2 axis movement give me if it can be used with 'mouse emulation mode' ? Side-to-side movement with TIR,?
You would be able to turn your head left and right, up and down, like you would with pressing SHIFT+O and moving the mouse. That's it!I also don't understand while so many people say that EZCA would be a replacement for TrackIR, because the biggest advantage of TrackIR is not having to change the view with the hands. EZCA is a great tool for videomaking, the vibration effects are nice addition for the immersion factor, and the view controls are less clunky, but a TrackIR replacement it's definitely not. Totally different ballgame.

Guest sanman

I bought this yesterday but still in two minds about it. The good:The shaky camera effects when taking off/touchdown etc. are excellent and really improve the immersion factor. I fly mostly jetliners and it looks and feels very good. Top marks.The bad:There seems to be only 1 good! One of the things i was looking for was a tool enabling me to position a camera near the runway after doing a flight so i can see my landing in Reply mode. In the old FS you had the map functionality which let you move the Control Tower. Active Camera was good also. Here its not so good it seems. You can create an external camera but you have to restart FSX before you can use it. This means if i am doing a flight i have to setup the camera at the end of the runway beforehand , then restart FSX and do my flight. Not ideal. Setting up and positioning cameras seems a bit of work and may appeal more to those wanting to make cinematic movies of their flights.Also there is a shaking effect during the flight (to simulate general flight movement) and while this works well it is impossible to tune the autopilot dials in VC cockpit because the mouse pointer keeps moving off the dial due to the shaking effect. I cant figure out how to turn this off without losing the ground shaking which i want to keep since it looks terrifc.Overall its an interesting tool but i dont think its better then its predecessors i.e. Active Camera and paying

Overall its an interesting tool but i dont think its better then its predecessors i.e. Active Camera and paying