Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

EZCA released

It's true, it would be cool to have an option like in ActiveCamera and just be able to click somehwere on the ground to create a ground camera on the fly that tracks the aircraft.

Also there is a shaking effect during the flight (to simulate general flight movement) and while this works well it is impossible to tune the autopilot dials in VC cockpit because the mouse pointer keeps moving off the dial due to the shaking effect. I cant figure out how to turn this off without losing the ground shaking which i want to keep since it looks terrific
Simply press the Del key to switch the effects off while you are setting the autopilot and hit the Del key again to switch 'em back on when you are done with the autopilot. Not much of a problem.

It's true, it would be cool to have an option like in ActiveCamera and just be able to click somehwere on the ground to create a ground camera on the fly that tracks the aircraft.
thank you both for answering this...i had posted this question in another thread which went unoticed.This was 1 of only 2 reasons I would have for using ezdok, to create ground cameras on the fly simply by clicking anywhere on the ground just as with the old Active Camera AND for the landing effects upon touchdown (cam shake). For me this was the only 2 points of consideration....man, i wish Active Camera was here :-(

Guest sanman
Simply press the Del key to switch the effects off while you are setting the autopilot and hit the Del key again to switch 'em back on when you are done with the autopilot. Not much of a problem.
Thanks alot Jigsaw! thats what i was looking for.I have decided to keep it anyway. The developer looks a nice guy, provides good support, and looks like he will continue to improve the product.

Per my comments here... I think the effects are great but as a longtime TrackIR user, I'm finding it too clunky and a bit of a step backwards. That's a personal verdict and others will get a lot out of it. It's very much worth trying. If the effects can somehow be combined with a fully functional TrackIR (I understand the barriers, but I can hope), I'll be in in an instant.Best,Alan

Guest sanman

Hi Jigsaw,I take that back :( pressing DEL did nothing in VC mode. Is this mapped to a different key by default?

I take that back :( pressing DEL did nothing in VC mode. Is this mapped to a different key by default?
Sorry, my fault. By default the "Global Enable" key is 3 on the numpad. BUT I strongly suggest that you read the manual and that you check the keyboard settings in the Options->Define keys menu of the EZCA Studio. You won't be able to use the EZCA tool properly when you don't know how it works.

I like EZDOK, however, I cannot figure out how to pan vertically in the external view. The manual requires the user clear the flight yoke hat switch (pan) control. I can pan horizontally and vertically in the vc, however, I can ONLY pan horizontally in the external view. I did post in the EZDOK forum and the answer did not make sense to me. I was told to disable the camera's, however, with the yoke hat switch not assigned I obviously cannot pan in the external view. Additionally, any horizontal panning translates to the VC view. In other words if you are looking straight out the over the yoke, then go to external view, pan around and return to the VC you may be looking at the back seat. Not an elegant program... yet. If those issues are not going to be corrected, I'll will return it. Thanks.Bob..

That is because EZdok currently does not support the default external "spot" views. The creator said that he's going to add in support for the spot views so that panning will work correctly, it just won't have the nice vibration effects. So keep your undies on, the fix is coming. :D

I like EZDOK, however, I cannot figure out how to pan vertically in the external view. The manual requires the user clear the flight yoke hat switch (pan) control. I can pan horizontally and vertically in the vc, however, I can ONLY pan horizontally in the external view. I did post in the EZDOK forum and the answer did not make sense to me. I was told to disable the camera's, however, with the yoke hat switch not assigned I obviously cannot pan in the external view. Additionally, any horizontal panning translates to the VC view. In other words if you are looking straight out the over the yoke, then go to external view, pan around and return to the VC you may be looking at the back seat. Not an elegant program... yet. If those issues are not going to be corrected, I'll will return it. Thanks.Bob..

That is because EZdok currently does not support the default external "spot" views. The creator said that he's going to add in support for the spot views so that panning will work correctly, it just won't have the nice vibration effects. So keep your undies on, the fix is coming. :D
No thanks, I removed it this morning. It is not ready for either my limited ability to comprehend the instructions to setup camera's or it's inability to NOT screw up my default pan controls when trying to setup cameras. I attempted to export the default Mooney camera's. That was all. From that point on I was unable to pan using the hat switch on my Saitek flight yoke in the VC. Mouse look did work. The only way I recovered used of my joystick hat-switch function was to remove the program. I worked with the developer to test a couple of issues associated with 64bit Vista earlier, however, I do not have time to provide additional testing help. I'll take a look at it again in a couple of months. Thanks.Bob.. :)

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like you have to hold down the middle mouse button while looking around the VC with the keyboard arrow keys. Is there no way to map everything to the mouse so you can keep one hand on the flightstick? With a gaming mouse with several buttons, that would be great.