Sign in to follow this  
MdMax

New Sequoia F8.L Falco

I got it yesterday and flew last night. It is beautiful and without a doubt the finest example of xPlane modeling and panel realism to date. Finally something for xPlane that can compare with the visuals in MSFS.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Setanta

This is a cracking little aircraft. Still a few minor rough edges but the developers are sorting them out very quickly. Thoroughly recommended.Setanta

This is a cracking little aircraft. Still a few minor rough edges but the developers are sorting them out very quickly. Thoroughly recommended.Setanta
I like it too. L.Adamson

I like it too. L.Adamson
Somehow I knew you would Larry :(

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Somehow I knew you would Larry :(
Must be the low wing & sliding canopy... :(

Must be the low wing & sliding canopy... :(
Don't forget the inferior flight model of x plane. :(

Don't forget the inferior flight model of x plane. :(
But...........it doesn't have to be inferior, just as MSFS does not have to be. When Tom Kyler worked on the default Van's RV's in X-Plane to make it more realistic , he was making headway until he ran out of time. The Falco right out of the gate is doing a pretty good job. I've mentioned a few things to improve at X-Pilot, but they are minor. And that's the whole point............I'll often hear that "X-Plane's flight dynamics put MSFS to shame". So then I'm thinking, "Oh really, and does this apply to all aircraft. Afterall, there are probably thousands out there". The reality of the situation, is that models for both sims require tweaks from someone with experience. IMO, this Falco...........is the best X-Plane I've flown yet. Do I still like my simulated FSX RealAir Marchetti SF260..........yes, I still do, very much. I had them both running quite a while yesterday. I've been giving my wife "pitch hitter" courses with the Marchetti. I'll probably do it with the Falco too. The pitch hitter.................is for when I eat "bad fish" for real.. :( So what does that mean? Simple..........both sims are highly capable!L.Adamson

Finally something for xPlane that can compare with the visuals in MSFS.
I was just going to write this! This is the sorta thing that makes me want to buy XP!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks really nice! Now we just need more addons hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi all !3rd video is available here:
Happy flying ! :(
Thanks for posting my video max, saved me doing it myself and means more if others appreciate it! Damn, with the new update (even better textures and the cool tinted glass), I have to redo it again....nooooooo...Flight model is even smoother I hear. Simon