Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

My computer specs. Asus R2E 6Gb I7 920 4.0GHZ 6GB RAM ATI 5870 SAPHIRE VAPOR X AND WIN 7 64 FSX WITH ACCELERATION....WHAT IS GOING WRONG????
I noticed you have: BLOOM_EFFECTS=1try changing that to BLOOM_EFFECTS=0also, can you tell me 'what' module is crashing? when a crash occurs, you have a little arrow that displays more info and shows you the module responsible for the crash. I need to know the name of the module in order to help you ;)

My friend all the system crash...Blue screen and restart.I try reduce autogen to normal.Thanks for qiuick answer.YOU MUST BE WITH THE TEAM THAT WILL BUILD THE NEW FLIGHT SIM.....BY THE WAY ANY NEWS?!?!

Rebelion3011 - what code is displayed when you bluescreen. It will look like 0x0000007bI had this a while back and it turned out to be hardware - specifically it was my psu and only FSX would crash the computer due to it's high demand on resources.

Hey all,I've been following this with great interest and now I'm tempted to take the bait...but first some background to understand where I am coming from:My FSX.cfg currently has none of the aftermarket tweaks suggested in the forums. I have tried one or two in the past but when I could detect no perceiable difference in a short flight, I would change back or delete these. I do use Traffic X and nHancer (set as recommend in these forums). My sim is currently running very well - no CTD etc. However when I really pump up the sliders and fly PMDG 744X, I have occasionally observed the aircraft skin coming off, or I end up with guages floating in the air. I have not noticed this with the J41 but I fly much shorter hops. Once checking the system afterwards, it did report that the Nvidia driver had stalled and Windows had successfully restarted it (or something like that) . I have had the 744X floor dissappear, but nothing else and the sim continued for several more hours until landing and shut down. I have very seldom seen the graphics go totally messed up while replaying a landing etc - for example when flying island hops in dense scenery with water effects on max on high 2x. Even this did not involve a CTD though and I could successfully end flight and exit the sim without one of those little red "x" appearing in the Windows Reliability Monitor. Moving the sliders back a little (and don't get me wrong, they are still pretty high by most standards as this machine was purpose built for the sim), all seems well again. I can easily manage 12 hour flights in the PMDG 744X from one detailed airport to another with no fear of CTD or similar provided I keep the sliders at a reasonable level. It's actually a pity s I can still get acceptably smooth frame rates with most sliders maxed out in some cases. I put it down to the graphics card just not being able to "cut" it. Either that or my [conservative] overclock on the CPU which I suspect also seems to have an effect on aircraft textures dissapearing (my GPU is not overclocked at all)My question then - because my sim is running rather well, but with the above in mind, should I try this tweak ( HIGHMEMFIX=1 and STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647) or rather not try to fix somthing that aint broke? Are there any other tweaks I should revisit if I give this tweak a shot? "Why the heck don't you just try it?" you ask..... well I just get a bit nervous when I read about having to rebuild cfg files and delete buffers on an otherwise solid system.Sorry for the ramblings :( and thanks in advance to all and especially PMDG and "bojote". PS - would really be awesome if one day all of these tweaks, once fine tuned, could be complied and presented as "Service Pack 3" - simply by installing a new tweaked to the nine's cfg. :(

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Greg,You say you don't want to fix something that isn't broken, but I would say it is broken, and the HIGHMEMFIX=1 entry causes no adverse effects and appears to completely resolve the missing textures issue, which you are experiencing.In my opinion, the HIGHMEMFIX=1 entry is now a mandatory component of a stable FSX install.

My friend damocles , My system is fresh PSU is ENERMAX 1050.With reducing autogen i havent seenthis blue screen until now..

Greg,You say you don't want to fix something that isn't broken, but I would say it is broken, and the HIGHMEMFIX=1 entry causes no adverse effects and appears to completely resolve the missing textures issue, which you are experiencing.In my opinion, the HIGHMEMFIX=1 entry is now a mandatory component of a stable FSX install.
OK - I'm going to give it a try now....

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

My friend damocles , My system is fresh PSU is ENERMAX 1050.With reducing autogen i havent seenthis blue screen until now..
In my experience, the BSOD is usually a sign of a hardware or driver fault. Sometimes changing the settings can increase the load on the hardware, but for increased stress to cause a BSOD is abnormal and usually implies that there is an underlying instability in the system which was previously masked but which has been "triggered" by the new workload. The three main culprits are (i) over-aggressive overclock: try resetting everything to its defaults and see if the fault recurs; (ii) overheating: for example, my GTX285 overheats and can produce a BSOD unless I manually adjust the fan speed to keep it cool; and (iii) failed / imperfect graphics card driver installation: try uninstalling using the Control panel > Device manager > Display adapter option, then (after a reboot) run Driver sweeper in safe mode - several times - and reinstall the driver.Tim

Dear ******* (boy that sounds weird),I just wanted to express my gratitude. Ever since I bought FSX (and that was right when it was published), I have had problems with disappearing textures. I tried many, many things to get rid of the nasty issue and I always wished there would be a simple solution to the problem. Well, really looks like you found it. Thanks to you, I can enjoy every single flight!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That

Kanakakis,Are you using *******'s other tweaks (UsePools=0 etc) besides the HIGHMEMFIX? Those other tweaks WILL cause the blue screen of death because the CPU overloads the video driver with data - lower your framerate limit and your autogen slider to try and get rid of it. We're increasingly suspicious that it's going to take the new GTX400 series cards at the very least to be able to run this stable with the slider settings most people are used to. The sim is too unstable without an extremely powerful card.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks like anyone who is planning to program a new flight simulator should invite you to join his team!!
Thanks Ingo,Yeah the offers are coming in quick ;)

Aerosoft have done the same too.....FYI
From what I remember, all Aerosoft did was link to FSLabs and their utlility. They also gave ******* credit for the fix.

From what I remember, all Aerosoft did was link to FSLabs and their utlility. They also gave ******* credit for the fix.
Correct, Lefteris contacted me to discuss it. Amazing how a single line can revolutionize things :) at least, i'm happy because I can fly without worry!!! it was a nightware every time I experienced a crash..