Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Graphics corruption in FSX - (UPDATE: possible solution found!)

Anyway, I was a die hard XP/FS9 hold out. I have seen the W7x64/FSX light. Again, THANK YOU!
Amen :) welcome to the show! and thats exactly part of what needs to be done, having people go from FS9 to FSX and finally install Win7! no need to keep using outdated OS'es and aging versions of the sim when FSX is shining now!P.D love your sig! ;)

I'm getting a g3d.dll module CTD using the following in my cfg:Usepools=0HIGHMEMFIX=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80Windows 7 64bit @4.2ATI 5870 Catalyst 10.3All sliders to the right except water. FSX is very smooth but still getting that g3d.dll crash after flying around for a while.Any ideas what I can do?Thanks
Sure, you have two options:OPTION 1) Replace your ENTIRE [bufferPools] section with this:[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131071-OR-OPTION 2) Set your MESH resolution to 10m, Your Scenery Detail to Medium and Your Autogen Density to Dense.Also, make sure you run Water at HIGH 2.0 and NOT MAX 2.0, don't run ANY OTHER WATER SETTING! just use, exactly HIGH 2.0Option #1 will reduce performance a bit, Option #2 will maintain it, either option will solve your problem just don't use both.
I tried OPTION 1 but still experienced a g3d.dll crash on final approach into FSDT JFK with heavy clouds and thunder storms. OPTION 2 gave me silky smooth flight even in the most dense areas and add ons and all kinds of weather! The level of image quality looks a bit less than I was use to with all sliders to the right, but the silky smoothness outweighs that by far and I can deal with it! Running ForceFullScreenVSync=1 and 2X Super Sampling AA on my ATI 5870 OC'd to 875/1300 certainly made a huge difference as well!Thanks again ******* for all your research and support and for making FSX that much better!

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Hi *******,Are you still compiling a small pdf file,becuase all your advice is scattered on how many pages this topic is :)CheersAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I tried OPTION 1 but still experienced a g3d.dll crash on final approach into FSDT JFK with heavy clouds and thunder storms. OPTION 2 gave me silky smooth flight even in the most dense areas and add ons and all kinds of weather! The level of image quality looks a bit less than I was use to with all sliders to the right, but the silky smoothness outweighs that by far and I can deal with it! Running ForceFullScreenVSync=1 and 2X Super Sampling AA on my ATI 5870 OC'd to 875/1300 certainly made a huge difference as well!Thanks again ******* for all your research and support and for making FSX that much better!
I would try and have a look at your FSX.cfg to see if the max texture size is set to 1024 or if REX has it set to a super HD setting. I got a similar crash, except that it was at the welcome screen. REX had set my max texture setting to over 4000 and so I reset it to 1024.Is the vsync a fsx.cfg command?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have tried the graphics sugestion and sound sugestion. (OPT2 and Sound) I am happy to report that I do not have the disapearing textures or black screen any longer. I have flown approx. 10 long flights and have had no issues. Changing from windows to full screen, no problems!! What a relief!!! I never could fly a long or short haul without texture problems. It had become a way of life....NO LONGERThis is working for me. Thank you to ******* for the help. You are the best! Also to Ryan, for all the hard work. Building a MONSTER system for 737NGX!!! Now I am really looking forward to the next generation.******* and Ryan I would be honored to fly wing with you sometime. Thanks!!!

Hi All,Im not going to lie here, but all this information is a little confusing. I want to insert these changes and tweaks, but Im not sure where to start. Im an currently rebuilding my system from a full format and going back to Win7 x64 because of this post. Im just curious if someone can summarize what needs to be done here? Maybe a seperate sticky or something posted here because I think that would make things easier to help apply all these changes. Thanks!

OK Ryan, will do. Hopefully you'll have something together by this week. This is when I plan to have everything ready to tweak.

Standby on a summary guys. I'm writing one with *******'s permission and help.
:( :( :( B) B) That's great news, Ryan: I'll look forward to it. Many thanks in advance!Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

keep getting FSX crashes *******,[gtx480 usepools =0]Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: uiautomationcore.dll Fault Module Version: 7.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb1d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000e52a OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057

Alex Ridge

keep getting FSX crashes *******, Fault Module Name: uiautomationcore.dll
Search for uiautomationcore.dll fix

Help please,I keep getting a API.DLL crash, three times today, specs below.Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: API.DLL Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000175fd OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789I7 930 @ 3.8GTX480Ram 3x2GBusing Usepool=0Any help?

Alex Ridge

Did you google api.dll Alex? Sounds like it might be a part of the VS C++ library. This might be the wrong thread for this issue, depends on the pmdg aircraft you have loaded but you might try running repair options in those installers if appropriate.

Dan Downs KCRP

Standby on a summary guys. I'm writing one with *******'s permission and help.
I hope it is *******'s updated FXS.Cfg file. Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"