Sign in to follow this  
michaelth

Diamond DA42 Twinstar

Received and you and Andrew are included with our other DA42 RW Pilots for testing. :(
Cheers Ron! I sit my Instrument Rating on the Twinstar this Wednesday... fingers crossed... which is why I snapped up the Iris DA42 (unfortunately) to get some practise.Look forward to being able to provide you with some RW feedback.
The TDI DA42 we are modeling contains the Bendix/King AP. We faithfully reproduce given aircraft and the TDI DA42 Twin Star does not contain the GFC700.An interesting note is that neither does the Columbia 400 G1000 version or the Cirrus Perspective G1000.
Absolutely. Our whole fleet of DA42's all use the Bendix/King AP as do most others. And as you mention the G1000 for the DA42 is custom designed - not a "one size fits all"Just a question after looking at your interior pics on the ES website, will your G1000 display DME distance and Bearing Pointer 1/2 options around the HSI?G1000b.jpg(Eaglesoft Screenshot)G1000a.jpg(Pic from DA42 G1000 I use)Comparing these 2 images - you can see in the 2nd pic the black solid shapes around the HSI with DME in top left and the 2 bearing pointer options bottom left and right (ILS on Nav1 and ADF on Nav2Only reason I ask is that all of your screenshots on ES don't show them...Look forward to taking the Beta for a flight! :(

Yes, those are there.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I am really enjoying the Iris DA42, tt handles like a dream and looks great. I really like the look of the DA42, it is out-of-the-ordinary. It is good to finally have something "different".Can't wait for the Eaglesoft offering as well.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

DME1.jpgYou mean like this? Sorry for the low res shot but you get the idea.. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

You mean like this? Sorry for the low res shot but you get the idea.. :(
Nice! Cheers Ron - you guys are awesome with quick feedback!One last quick question... can you change the QNH to HPa?Always fun trying to do a conversion from "Hg - HPa in flight on top of doing airfield arrival checks! :( I think there's a way of changing it through the G1000...?(I know there are FSX settings for metric? but I don't think it changes the subscales in aircraft altimeters - just usually ATC units. I found this out through the other 2 DA42's I have - can't change to HPa)

Guest Astradan
The TDI DA42 we are modeling contains the Bendix/King AP. We faithfully reproduce given aircraft and the TDI DA42 Twin Star does not contain the GFC700.An interesting note is that neither does the Columbia 400 G1000 version or the Cirrus Perspective G1000.
I suppose a Devil's advocate question to this Ron would be, are these choices to always model non-GFC700 equipped G1000 aircraft, to avoid having to code a 'speed by pitch' mode ? (ie FL CH).You got speed by pitch working in your CX 2.0 so can't you "borrow the code" and stick it in a GFC700? :(Appreciate you model 'actual aircraft' and the the actual aircraft you choose to model always have Bendix/King in, but it would be nice to have some variety of avionics in our Eaglesoft GA fleet.

I suppose a Devil's advocate question to this Ron would be, are these choices to always model non-GFC700 equipped G1000 aircraft, to avoid having to code a 'speed by pitch' mode ? (ie FL CH).You got speed by pitch working in your CX 2.0 so can't you "borrow the code" and stick it in a GFC700? :( Appreciate you model 'actual aircraft' and the the actual aircraft you choose to model always have Bendix/King in, but it would be nice to have some variety of avionics in our Eaglesoft GA fleet.
Well Dave, your assumptions are in error. A GFC700 is no more difficult to program than the Stec 55X included in our Cirrus and Columbia 400 line.For you to assume that we are somehow unable or unwilling to provide a GFC700 AP is just hogwash. Our Cirrus Perspective will have the GMC 705 and GCU 478 Combination.As you've mentioned, we've delivered one of the finest FGCs available in our CX2.0 so it's not as if we want to avoid a GFC700 but rather that we do not have a GFC700 equipped aircraft in our lineup.As the RW DA42 Pilot mentioned, the TDI aircraft contain Bendix/King and it would be a waste to put a GFC700 into it. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Nice! Cheers Ron - you guys are awesome with quick feedback!One last quick question... can you change the QNH to HPa?Always fun trying to do a conversion from "Hg - HPa in flight on top of doing airfield arrival checks! :( I think there's a way of changing it through the G1000...?(I know there are FSX settings for metric? but I don't think it changes the subscales in aircraft altimeters - just usually ATC units. I found this out through the other 2 DA42's I have - can't change to HPa)
I'll check but seem to recall that area as problematic in FS. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'll check but seem to recall that area as problematic in FS. :(
Did you find out about the QNH?I could never seem to activate my account on the ES forums under ctcav8r, so have re-registered as nzpilot.Was able to activate straight away under a different email address...Anyway, you mentioned about beta testing in a previous post... you can send to my gmail address via my ES forum account.I wonder if my hotmail account was blocking something?I sent you a PM about this as well on the ES forums site.Any more news/screenshots re: DA42 Twinstar?

Did you find out about the QNH?I could never seem to activate my account on the ES forums under ctcav8r, so have re-registered as nzpilot.Was able to activate straight away under a different email address...Anyway, you mentioned about beta testing in a previous post... you can send to my gmail address via my ES forum account.I wonder if my hotmail account was blocking something?I sent you a PM about this as well on the ES forums site.Any more news/screenshots re: DA42 Twinstar?
Sorry for the slow response. The answer is yes on the metric QNH.No new screens yet but we have added the side vent windows.You'll be hearing from us soon. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Any users want to comment? Or are people holding out for the FSX version?
The discussion regarding the ESDG Twinstar for FS9 is in the FS9 forum. lol ;)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Any users want to comment? Or are people holding out for the FSX version?
For those of us holding out......how much holding out is required for the FSX version?I'm running low on reserves in this holding pattern... :(

For those of us holding out......how much holding out is required for the FSX version?I'm running low on reserves in this holding pattern... :(
Ha Ha, we had hoped for this weekend but a few last minute issues popped up...If we can make it happen, we will. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ha Ha, we had hoped for this weekend but a few last minute issues popped up...If we can make it happen, we will. :(
Hopefully you'll turn that tug right back around and pull out the CJ1 V2.0 shortly thereafter.