Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

777 for FS2004

I love the 777 but there are many problems. First of all there isnt a descent 777 for fs2004, PSS is lacking the model and a merge isnt allways perfect with the POSKY 777 which in turn has the perfect model. I think if PSS reopens, they should join with POSKY and form the ultimate 777 for fs2004 which we can all enjoy and hopefully it can be up to the standards of PMDG and Level D. Currently using the PSS POSKY merge (and for some the PSS Overland), I can say it isnt perfect but it will do for the time. Someone should develope the 777 for fs2004. I imagine there are many people whowould buy it after a thorough review and check of the product.You guys think the same?

Here's hoping QW will be willing to do one. Of course it, won't be systems heavy (medium/lite again, probably), but at least we'll probably be able to count on a way to save the systems.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Here's hoping QW will be willing to do one. Of course it, won't be systems heavy (medium/lite again, probably), but at least we'll probably be able to count on a way to save the systems.
wow!what a splendid idea!i,d buy it in a heart beat =)i tested the 757 and i really liked it, altho its simplified insystem and stuff.. its an awesome plane,gonna whip out the cd and buy it !and a 777 would be awesome!i have the outmost respect for poskys freeware stuff,, better than some payware stuff :(

I haven't even tried the QW 757, but is the panel as good as the PSS 757 or more simplified? Cause if it is the same (i think PSS 757 panel is good for complexity) then lets go QW 777!!!Just gotta know which panel is better PSS or QW, but can't wait if QW rip out an awesome 777 to the level of PSS's panel but with better models!I think PSS and POSKY should combine and bring out the ultimate 777 in terms of model and systems, i'd definitely get it, it would be the most awesome combination if they don't rush it and get down to the details and gt it up to standards of other software such as the PMDG and level D. :(

I don't want to spoil your enthusiasm, but PSS is no longer a going concern, so a "joint venture" with POSKY will never happen. I think that, for now, the best option is the PSS 777 panel combined with the POSKY model - if you are concerned about external looks.The PSS panels for both 777 and 757 are very good, with adequate functionality for most serious simmers. My understanding of the QualityWings 757 product (which I do not own yet) is that is a "MEDIUM-LITE" product, with quite a bit of depth to its functionality. I don't think it is as detailed as PSS but I may be wrong. You download the manual and read all about it's capabilities here:http://qwsim.com/index.php/downloads?c=docs&m=757If you want to use the Reality XP GNS products in the Brasilia, then you will need the Reality XP JetLine2 or Jetline4 products. These types of gauges are developed to link to each other. I have several planes set up with these and they work well.

Graeme Butler

I haven't even tried the QW 757, but is the panel as good as the PSS 757 or more simplified? Cause if it is the same (i think PSS 757 panel is good for complexity) then lets go QW 777!!!Just gotta know which panel is better PSS or QW, but can't wait if QW rip out an awesome 777 to the level of PSS's panel but with better models!I think PSS and POSKY should combine and bring out the ultimate 777 in terms of model and systems, i'd definitely get it, it would be the most awesome combination if they don't rush it and get down to the details and gt it up to standards of other software such as the PMDG and level D. :(
I don't own the PSS757, but it's safe to say the QW757 is lighter than the PSS757. So, if they would do a 777, it'll be lighter than the PSS777, too. Let's put it this way: it has everything to do an IFR flight, complete with VNAV, LNAV and that sort of thing. However, functionality of many systems is limited to a lighter form. I suggest to visit the quality wings website and see for yourself what the features include.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I don't own the PSS757, but it's safe to say the QW757 is lighter than the PSS757. So, if they would do a 777, it'll be lighter than the PSS777, too. Let's put it this way: it has everything to do an IFR flight, complete with VNAV, LNAV and that sort of thing. However, functionality of many systems is limited to a lighter form. I suggest to visit the quality wings website and see for yourself what the features include.
I know that PSS isnt operating, they shut down years ago. But just saying, they should come back and merge with POSKY and bring out a good Payware. I currently use the PSS POSKY merge but it isn't perfect, but still flyable.Anyways, someone else like PMDG should bring out a beauty or even level D after they complete their 757 for fsx should bring one a 777 out for fs2004 don't you reckon.

I know that PSS isnt operating, they shut down years ago. But just saying, they should come back and merge with POSKY and bring out a good Payware. I currently use the PSS POSKY merge but it isn't perfect, but still flyable.Anyways, someone else like PMDG should bring out a beauty or even level D after they complete their 757 for fsx should bring one a 777 out for fs2004 don't you reckon.
Come on, that is just silly, why would LVL-D who is doing their 757 for FSX only come back and do a 777 for FS9??? And PMDG has already announced a 777 for FSX only so that is another pipe dream... As sad as it is for us loyal FSniners I think it is a case of make do with what you've got because unless QW announces a 777 I can not see any A/C developer releasing a 777 for FS9, especially the PMDG's and LVL-D's of the world!!! I appreciate your enthusiasm and desire but at the same time lets be realistic about things...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

That would sadly be the truth, unless heaps of us write to either developers demanding a 777 for fs9 :( . (It's just a thought! But we should :( ).Talking about the PSS POSKY merge, sorry to bring it up, but ther 772 merge is not very fuel consuming. Ive read this on heaps of forums, but never got the answer: How do we fix it? To fix it, would we just have to change the "fuel_flow_scalar" in [GeneralEngineData] to 1.0401 as in this 773 merge on this forum= http://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php?showtopic=4936. Because if we keep it to 0.950 (as ive seen in all the merge 772 aircraft.cfg) it does not consume fuel properly, as 1600nm trip only uses 40,000lbs of fuel, so that means the 777-200(not ER) can fly 8000nm (ive set my 777-200(not ER) tanks to POSKY specs so it can carry 206,000lbs of fuel). It should only be able to fly 5200nm as on Boeing's website. Can the fuel flow scalar being changed to 1.0401 have an effect on the 777-200 or is it only for 777-300 POSKY PSS merges? I want to get it as close to the real range as possible, so all you people don't come and say "This is a simulator, you cannoy make it as real as real life"!!! OK!!!Cheers, just a minor question.

My 200 merge scaler is set at: fuel_flow_scalar = 0.822Maybe give that a try.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

My 200 merge scaler is set at: fuel_flow_scalar = 0.822Maybe give that a try.
But thats lower than 0.950, won't that mean it will consume even more less fuel? And it is already not consuming enough...so shouldn't we increase the scalar?

Payware producers are moving away from FS9, so it's not realistic to hope for purpose-designed FS9 packages any more. Putting together a 'perfect' FS9 772 or 773 for your own use needs therefore to be done out of what is available. Freeware designers are still producing for FS9, so that's where some of the answers lay. Here's my own 777 outfit:- visual model/liveries: the Opensky models and repaints. The VC version is spectacular internally and externally.- flight model (FDE): written my own.- panel: I've heavily modified a freeware panel, to include a working overhead and the ISG1 FMC.- sound: one of the many sound packages out there.To your other point; yes, fuel consumption would be increased by upping the fuel_flow_scalar value; however this is best done from the perspective of a general FDE overhaul or re-write. If the PSS FDs are OK, you could massage them to work with the Opensky model but it would be fiddly.;)

Here's my own 777 outfit:- visual model/liveries: the Opensky models and repaints. The VC version is spectacular internally and externally.- flight model (FDE): written my own.- panel: I've heavily modified a freeware panel, to include a working overhead and the ISG1 FMC.- sound: one of the many sound packages out there
Is this in the file libary? Would be intrested. =P

Danny