Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

$280.00 FS2004

Hello,Yes, I paid 280.00 for FS2004........And I live in the United States... Here's why...Upon purchasing FS2004 at Best Buy for 55.00, I had difficulity tweaking it because I only had a GeForce 2 MX. So, because I have been an avid simmer for 10 years, I wanted this to work. So I went out and paid 225.00 for a GeForce 5600 Ultra.WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! WOW I am in awe!!!! Framerates are great, the water is great, no more stutters....etc....etc...I could go on and on....Neeedless to say, I am one happy simmer now, after paying $280.00 for FS2004!!Paul

Guest Juan G

LOL... I didn't pay as much as $280, but I did pay $220. I myself purchased FS2004 and got really bad performance with my old TNT2 16mb card. Went out, and purchased a GeForce FX 5200 128mb ddr Ultra. And just like you, my reaction was WOW!

I too have a old graphic card (now Geforce 2 MX 400) and Im shopping around for a new one. I've heard good things about using the Geforce 5600 Ultra with FS2004.

Guest The Ancient Brit

I can count myself lucky then having to pay only

Guest Squitters

Hey all :DWell I spent...mmmmm....cough..! for a new mobo/cpu/fan/G4 Ti4800SE.all was well until word got out about the total cost with Fs9...Iwas then terminated...:-(.....so I speak from the astral plain orwot ever its called.....:-roll......:-lolSteve ( well dead )

Guest Nathan Palmer

I just bought mine from KOMUSA.com and got the gold limited edition for just under 200. I hope I can say wow as well when I get mine installed in a few days. Seems if your gonna buy the 5600 might as well get the gold limited which was a 35 dollar upgrade and can be found where I mentioned. So far my total cost has been flight sim:55FSUIPC: 20ishActive Camera: 15video card :195total so far is 285 us.NP

Guest PaulL01

Just a heads up:There are more than a few versions of the 5600 still floating around.The first versions are not what anyone wants for a decent midrange card.The 5600 you want is the newer 5600-Ultra with the higher core clock and memory (400/800 DDR) which are running close to 5900 speeds, though certainly not a 5900, these new 5600-ultras throw a decent punch (better performance then 9500Pros)and pack enough features for the price.Personaly I would go for an 5950-ultra right now except that the specs for septembers NV40 make me nervous (stronger shaders, -FS eats shaders), I think I will wait just one more round...

I just spent PLN565 for Sunday brunch for four in the Bristol Hotel, Warsaw. Hasn't done much for framerates in FS2K2 but has left me feeling full inside and empty in the bank. Lovely food though!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

That is not bad. I spent over $1700 US dollars for my FS9!!! Well, ok, that includes a new PC that I built for FS9.Cloud9

I'm not far behind you with $1100 for a new box ;0P4 3GHz 800MHz FSB 1GB RAM and a new 430W power supply. Already had dual-80GB RAID drives and a new ATI 9800 video card so no reason to re do any of that.

Guest Tom EverittAFG

I take it the 'other half' found out then Steve? :-lol Fatal mistake.TomAFG.