here is my current set up, still have to do a few things to it,as you can see the outside view is a dell 27" this will eventually be a 40-50" LCD TV,the small monitor on the left is a 15" touchscreen, havent got the touchscreen to work yet as i am awaiting a usb 323 converter.may eventually by a VR Insight CDU 2. (I wanted to use the touchscreen for the FMC).The monitor on the right is powered by a totally different computer, this is used for Avivlasoft MAP software.snc00100wb.jpg

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Nice setup. I am narrowing my choices down. At the top of my list now is the Vizio M420NV model. A 42" 120hz 1080p that uses less than 80W. Any opinions?

Eric 

For what it helps, I have been trying various sizes and types of TV, size 40 to 50 in.(all are 1080p)...........first was my old LG 42 LCD, 60 hz, 5 years old, not a good picture and very hard to read Mail......second was the Westinghouse LCD 40, 120HZ, not bad, but not great, and the Mail print was not clear, bright or sharp..........then to the LG 50 plasma, love the size, but very heavy!!, again, not very bright, and the Mail print not good......................Now I just set up a Toshiba 40, LED, 40S51U, with the internet apps so I can stream Netflix, and very light to handle..............Mail print is bright and sharp, maybe too bright so will play with the fonts, but a super picture for sure...............and Costco had a sale price of under 500$..........am not sure I will keep this one, but am SURE I will get a LED type, maybe bigger if one comes up for a good price ,no question about that............couple things about the plasma I found out, (I have the 480GTX card and a powerful computer), but FSX acted strange with the big plasma, traffic almost never showed up correct and the frames seemed to run low??, my thought is that it takes so much power from the card to run that TV, that it played games with FSX, my unskilled opinion!!..............but I just took off from KBFI and Ultimate Traffic 2 planes all over!!, and I can read the gauges with out doing popups all the time to get close..............and the GEX/REX gives very impressive pictures...............so the plasma goes back to the store this afternoon...............hope this is of some value to other simmers............but the big screen is a definite must have!!............B42L9

well i finally got my 15" touchscreen to work and its so awesome using the FMC by touch! My goal is to use flightsim with as least input from mouse / keyboard.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Two questions i have are 1. What is the verdict on 3D , and is 3D LED or PLASMA better 2. I used to use 1600-1200 on 40" Samsung LED, just tried 1920-1080, better resolution, but a/c exterior proportions look short and stumpy, more hight less width, almost funny looking. Got wideview on in fsx.cfg , so cant be that. in 1600-1200 planes lloked normal, but less resolution.

I think it would be better to have a 3 screen setup but then that means a new GPU. Still a big LED, phwa. We are getting a new home theater sort of thing with a 46" LED 3D and stereo speakers. Can't wait to hook up the PC and go for a fly, if i can take it down the stairs.