Well, I'm not so sure about that but would like to find out what is really the deal here because I've read that Samsung's new 3D TVs should also be able to convert 2D content to 3D in real-time. Check out this link below for example and I've also read this at other places:http://www.samsung.com/us/learningresources3D/

Richard Åsberg

Guest chris493

I'm probably wrong, maybe it's only on some of the cheaper 3D TVs that the game needs to be compatible. As the video shows, 2D images would be converted to 3D in real time. However, I'm not sure how this would work on FSX. Personal opinion, I prefer non 3D tvs over 3D because I think it makes it less realistic, it's almost too 3D.

OK, today I returned my old Samsung LED TV and bought a Samsung 3D LED TV instead and just did a short flight and boy it was cool !! The 3D effect isn't as big as when watching real 3D content like Avatar 3D at the cinema but it sure is there. When sitting in the cockpit it's almost like you would like to reach out and grab the yoke and what I found VERY cool is that for the first time the terrain in FSX looks real in a way where you can actually see and feel uphills and downhills (not sure how good English that is but I hope you understand what I mean) compared to the usual very flat feeling with no slopes or how I should put it...hard to describe but VERY cool indeed! And last but not least, I'm able to experience all this without any loss of performance nor quality in FSX since nothing changed with my PC when it comes to drivers, settings etc...all is processed in real-time by the TV and my PC nor FSX don't even know about it :(

Richard Åsberg

Guest chris493

2x are now on their way to my home after reading this. Thank you. What size is your tv? 40"? I've ordered 2 sanding 40".

Well, I hope you too will be satisfied the same way I am! Like I already said of course the 3D effect can't be compared to watching real 3D content but at least to me the effect is well worth the extra money compared to the non-3D TV I replaced with this one.I also read an interesting thread I found when Googling for Samsung Nvidia 3D where someone had tried the drivers from http://www.ddd.com with a very good result so maybe I'll try them but they are $50 and also what I like with just using the built-in 3D processing in the TV is you don't have to mess around with any new drivers and you don't loose any performance.Someone said 2010 will be a real 3D year and I think that might be true and I'm sure we will see the technology mature as time goes.And yes, mine is a 40" which I think is just enough to get that "beeing there"-feeling cosidering you're rather close to the screen compared to when watching TV.

Richard Åsberg

Guest chris493

Sounds great and I can't wait till I get my pair.

HiWhat sort of viewing distance are you using? Just wondering whether to go down the Eyefinity route or TV route. I would be less than a metre from the screen which I suspect is much too close to a TV.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest AvioPyric

Hi WebMaximus What kind of samsung 3d glass technology ? 1. Polarization glass , battery not need. 2. LCD shutter glass like Nvidia 3D vision , need infrared transmitter.That's sound goodAnthony

I'm about one meter from the TV which I guess many would consider too close to a 40" TV but I like it since that is part of what makes it feel that you're actually there and now also with the 3D effect the result is truely amazing!The glasses used are of the LCD shutter type and the cheaper model which are not rechargeble was included with the TV when I bought it.

Richard Åsberg

Well the most exciting thing in my life recently was plugging my PC via VGA into a 42" Hitachi L42VC04U LCD TV after having been using a 17" CRT!... *WOW* FSX looked great at 1920X1080.So I've decided to get a 40" or 42" LCD TV and have up to

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Guest chris493

You want to get minimum 75hz as this is the max fps your monitor can display. Preferably 100 - 200hz.

I use a 32" Panasonic HDTV as my PC monitor, just love it.Only wish I had tried the 37" model at the time.I think 40" would be too big, for web use etc, but 37" might be workable :)

Guest chris493

If you can afford it, use a plasma over a LCD, but remember plasmas like darker rooms, lots of electricity and a fair distance away to be viewed.

Have any of you "large screen" pilots experimented with multiple views? (ie Views LFwd,Fwd,RFwd) And thereby increased the actual FLIGHT SIM Field of View to take advantage of the wide perspective of the screen?Some time ago I experimented on my little 18" CRT to see what might be displayed on a BIG screen such as you have been discussing.Here is a screenshot of the PMDG 747 to illustrate. Note that I have packed in both Captain AND First Officer panels, Lower EICAS Display & SW Panel, 2 CDUs & Throttle popups. The triple FS views produce a 135

Guest chris493

Currently I have 3 LG LED monitors @ 23". I always fly VC in FSX. The FoV is widened across all screens, so the middle monitor shows what you would see with one moniotr, and the other twoshow the extension to that.Currently I have 3 LG LED monitors @ 23". I always fly VC in FSX. The FoV is widened across all screens, so the middle monitor shows what you would see with one moniotr, and the other twoshow the extension to that.