Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Yes I set the framerate to unlimited because It's the better performances for me. If I limite the framerate, wathever the limit, the fps fall dramaticalyDo you think that this is the reason of my problem ?

It may sounds superfluous but since it happened to me just in these last days, it may be useful to check: are you flying with real time weather? In summer you may get easily thunderstorms somewhere especially above water bodies, as you also hinted... Have you tried a clear weather flight?I was flying in Africa at night and I had some screen corruption with the nVidia: later I updated the driver and all went well, except I had these sudden white flashes, and I started to wonder if rhe card was defective, 'till I heard the thunders! I was in the middle of many thunderstorms I could then see at dawn...Straight%20Face.gif

Yes I set the framerate to unlimited because It's the better performances for me. If I limite the framerate, wathever the limit, the fps fall dramaticaly
Some time ago, there was this topic on the Fiber_frame_time_fraction line in the fsx.cfg (I believe it was mentioned by Word Not Allowed). The default value for this is 0.33. However, by lowering this to, say, 0.15, your limited FPS will approach the FPS you have when set to unlimited. The downside of this mod is that by lowering the value too much, you will experience blurry ground textures. Because of this tradeoff you will need to play with your settings and see what suits you best. I do experience some blurries at 0.15, but I am more than happy with the FPS that I get using limited frames inside FSX! It has made my sim much more stable than when I used FPSlimiter in combination with unlimited frames set in FSX.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Thank youI'll try itBut, I've the problem only when the Shaders3 mod is activated. Never without it :(

Thank youI'll try itBut, I've the problem only when the Shaders3 mod is activated. Never without it :(
It's likely because the 3.0 shaders do their work and increase your performance. You should read the bp=0 threads and related similar threads for more info about this issue.The easiest fix is to limit your FPS. Use an external frame limiter outside of FSX to limit the FPS without the drawbacks of using the internal FSP limiter.

I always use FPSLimiter. But this time I tried to launch without FPSLimiter, but fixing the frame limit to 30 by FSX. The problem seem to disappear. The fps don't change really and seem to be more regular (About 17 to 20 on Aerosoft Paris CDG with UT2 weekly to 70%)Internal FPS limiter better than Fps_limiter ? Strange, no ? in my fsx.cfg, I've added only the following lines : [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[bUFFERPOOLS]PoolSize=0[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.18

If it's the same flashing I used to experience - setting your water to 2Xhigh (WATER_EFFECTS=6 in the fsx.cfg file) fixes it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I'll try it, but this is the greater fps killer (after the Ai traffic) on my system.Strange but :Paris CDG (without traffic)- With Water to Low 2x : 25 fps- With Water to High 2x : 15 fpsParis CDG (with UT2 traffic set to 70%)- With Water to Low 2x : 17-18 fps- With Water to High 2x : 10-11 fpsI don't seen the sea near Paris, but the "FSX framerate" yes:biggrin:

imfbi, does anyone know what the difference may be between *******' enb alterations, and that posted by Nick athttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=32482I raise the question not out of any disrespect for everything ******* is doing for the community, but Nick's configurations seem so much simpler and direct. ThanksSherm

I raise the question not out of any disrespect for everything ******* is doing for the community, but Nick's configurations seem so much simpler and direct. Thanks,Sherm
The difference, Sherm - is that whereas Nick is using all the published tweaking, based on the fsx.cfg in cahoots with your video card, proc and operating system - ******* is making changes to the unpublished (BufferPools) and unfinished (Shader v3.0)parameters which also configure FSX, but are hidden from us users. I believe he also has some friendship with one or two members of the old Aces team, who may have passed on a little inside information that he has put to good use. Both Nick's and *******'s settings complement each other.As to the enb stuff - it causes some instability with not to much enhancement on my machine, so I don't use it and therefore can't really comment.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul...To be honest, I am using Nick's mods with great success. I really am not a flight sim rookie (some would disagree..:-)), but I was not able to get *******' mods to work. in one attempt, I only got a white page while engaging the Shift-F12 views....another attempt made FSX virtually unusable.Fortunately, I backed up everything...again, no disrespect to this forum or *******' work...I may have missed something, and do not blame anyone but myself...and I still follow this thread with keen interest.Sherm

As you can see I have problem in smokes on tires (black squares). Is it related to SM3 known problem that explain on Readme file?
Make sure you added SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1, i had it set but that problem only went away when i set SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=2

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

I'm getting black shapes and spikes, stretched out trees and all sorts of fun stuff when I try an enable this (artifacts?)Let me know what I'm doing wrong here.Thanks!

With this mod, I'm seeing excellent framerates (locked at 30, when unlocked usually in the 50s-60s but with stutters) at low altitude, together with great gfx (using the performance version of the mod).However, when going above a few thousand feet, frames go down to around 15, and stay there. That is at Water 2, regardless of low, mid, high or max.At Water 1, fps are fluent and high.Is there any setting in the waterconstants.xml or FSX.cfg that can help with this? I'm also using *******' other CFG tweaks, and this is really the only remaining issue to a great-running FSX.Or is there a limiting factor in my system, which - I think - should be good enough for FSX though?Regards,

Guest 413X3

my water looks worse, I hope someone releases texture addons compatible with this shader 3