Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

*******,Thanks for the clear instructions I had recently underwent an upgrade and have been leery about adding mods to my .cfg. I had previously used the ENB mod and it left my splash screen with the message "EnB Series GTA San Andreas V0.075 by borris yaddy,yaddy,yaddy" and if I remember correctly required a fair amount of tweaking.I don't get this message after following your directions, so is there a way for me to know it's been applied correctly? No additional tweaking? and this is the most current version?Looks sweet and thanks again for the service you provide the FS community!Blaze

RE Thomason Jr.

Guest Choupion

Thanks for the cristal clear instructions! It didn't work BUT I know why! I realized that my DirectX seems to be corrupted! Yesterday I tried to reinstall OP Flashpoint and it showed a D3D error! It s impossible to go up to shader 2.0! That's why it didn't worked. I think the origin of this mess is a program that overwrited without checking and prompting the original DX11 with outdated DX9 files. The problem is that it's still detected as DX11 so i can't reinstall it with the update online!.. I'm stucked... I'm gonna install another OS on my second HD to check if it's not coming from my hardware but I don't think it's coming from my HD5850 which was working like a charm before this terrorist install!.. If someone knows an alternative solution before i reinstall my win7... Bye!!

Guest PFL

I need an opinion or two, about this interesting Shader 3.0 mod...Have FSX on an Asus G73J with the i7 720QM and ATI Radeon Mobility 5870, and it runs fairly OK on this laptop.Then I tried the Shader Mod 3.0 because it should help with performance, particularly with ATI cards.Not so IMO!Did as instructed, but got flashes, FPS up and down, and loads of shimmer of the seas.Did some more flights, but eventually reverted back to good ol´ REX with marvellous shader 2.0 water!What´s the experience of you simmers who fly with this mod?

Did as instructed, but got flashes, FPS up and down, and loads of shimmer of the seas.
Is you water slider set to 2xhigh? [TERRAIN]WATER_EFFECTS=6This should stop the flashing: I have the sim locked at 24, use REX, an ATI card and I have no issues with the shimmer.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest PFL

No, I have Water Lowx2 and the FPS set @ 30, I´ll try what you suggested, thanks!

Guys, in addition to Bojote's Shader here, be SURE to also read this important issue CAREFULLY:http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=34024http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/2493-fslabs-texture-fix-utility/..also this new version of FSX Texture Fix Utility : http://forums.flight...ry/5-utilities/Follow the manuals to Shader 3.0 and the FSX Texture Fix Utility CAREFULLY AND IN EVERY DETAIL (I see lots of crazy cache settings, etc, all over this forum). DO this, and all your problems will be gone!******* (Bojote) has developed both of these patches and they DO work if followed all the way through!

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Guys, in addition to Bojote's Shader here, be SURE to also read this important issue CAREFULLY:http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=34024http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/2493-fslabs-texture-fix-utility/..also this new version of FSX Texture Fix Utility : http://forums.flight...ry/5-utilities/Follow the manuals to Shader 3.0 and the FSX Texture Fix Utility CAREFULLY AND IN EVERY DETAIL (I see lots of crazy cache settings, etc, all over this forum). DO this, and all your problems will be gone!******* (Bojote) has developed both of these patches and they DO work if followed all the way through!
Hi,Useful utility to be sure. However, I do have one observation: When I run the FSX Disappearing Textures Fix Utility v1.1 without applying any changes (I have many of these tweaks in place already), I note under the optional section that it proposes to change my current TBM value of 80 to 400 (!). Surely, unless I am running photoscenery or Tileproxy ground textures, this can't be right? Perhaps, on reflection, it is just giving me an alternative/convenient way of switching between the two values instead of having to load the appropriate configuration file while the sim is running.Mike

Hi,Useful utility to be sure. However, I do have one observation: When I run the FSX Disappearing Textures Fix Utility v1.1 without applying any changes (I have many of these tweaks in place already), I note under the optional section that it proposes to change my current TBM value of 80 to 400 (!). Surely, unless I am running photoscenery or Tileproxy ground textures, this can't be right? Perhaps, on reflection, it is just giving me an alternative/convenient way of switching between the two values instead of having to load the appropriate configuration file while the sim is running.Mike
Hi Mike Well, specifically that part of of the Fix utility is only about improveing framerates on a test basis - and yes the TBM default suggestion seems rather strange - anyway, according to NickN's FSX rules: http://www.simforums...87.html#198187. I would suggest to discuss this with Lefteris or ******* here: http://forums.flight...re-fix-utility/However the most important issue for me to introduce here in this forum, was mainly about the Rebuild Shader Cache section of this clever utility. By using the default values in that particular section, I managed with one mouse click (!), to get rid of hours struggling with suddenly missing aircraft parts, scenery objects and so on.An issue that is heavily discussed throughout these pages here!Morten

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Thanks. Great stuff.I installed the Shader 3.0 Mod and your CFG file adjustments and all looks great and runs well.Your application recommended I use an external frame rate limiter. I run a GTX470 using a triple head to go. I use FSx in Full Screen mode. I also use a GTX460 to run two instrument monitors.My questions are, should I still use a frame rate limiter. If so, which application.Thanks for your great work.

Thanks. Great stuff.I installed the Shader 3.0 Mod and your CFG file adjustments and all looks great and runs well.Your application recommended I use an external frame rate limiter. I run a GTX470 using a triple head to go. I use FSx in Full Screen mode. I also use a GTX460 to run two instrument monitors.My questions are, should I still use a frame rate limiter. If so, which application.Thanks for your great work.
You can also drop by here and help ******* and all of us by introducing your numbers :))http://forum.avsim.net/topic/320430-fsx-tweaking-findings-collaboration/Of course this goes to all of us guys :))

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

What is teh latest shader mod to install. I see quite a few referenceseg SM3_v1.1.zip sm3_current_274662.zipetc..Would like to download and use the latestMuch appreciated

What is teh latest shader mod to install. I see quite a few referenceseg SM3_v1.1.zip sm3_current_274662.zipetc..Would like to download and use the latestMuch appreciated
I would take the one that is in bojote's signature....Search for any message from him and click on th link...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

I would take the one that is in bojote's signature....Search for any message from him and click on th link...
oops did not see that.. Will quickly see his signature.Much appreciated

...LOW MID HIGH refer to 'transition' altitudes... it means, you can change how the water looks, moves or reflects the sun at different altitudes. So, this allows for GREAT customization, so feel free to 'tweak' this waterconstants.xml any way you like.. you can change the speed of the waves, direction of moving water, reflection power, wave height etc etc. The only thing you need to know, is that EVERYTIME you change this WaterConstants.XML you need to recompile the shaders, because they read the values at compile time.
JesusCan u just explain a bit further. Which settings in waterconstant file set what. I want to make my waves a bit smaller. These set is very nice for Sea but inland you want rivers with vey small waves. or is the size of the waves determined by which grid you have installed. I also see on the posts something about grids.i am not sure which now make the waves smaller: the grids or the waterconstant file.ThanksJB

Can u just explain a bit further. Which settings in waterconstant file set what. I want to make my waves a bit smaller. These set is very nice for JB
Hi JB, The grids refer to an issue that was present in the previous version of the shaders, the new version (check my signature) does not have them anymore.Also, wave heigth is controlled in the WaterConstants.xml (the readme file on the shader mod contains all the information you need) however, you can not differentiate between rivers/sea.. for FSX this is just 'water'