Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hello *******,Please may you tell me where abouts the ENB Custom file is located? Secondly, over the default settings, have you tweaked the ENB to offer improved visuals or performance?Jack

I have applied the Shader Model 3 MOD for Flight Simulator X (Final Version)Nov 20, 2010 By Bojote (******* Altuve)I ran the automatic install and have found that I now I no longer have the following entry:[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSIONWhich is stated as it is removed in the ReadMe.Is the shader cache version no longer required?

\Robert Hamlich/

Is the shader cache version no longer required?
That entry is there only to allow you to rebuild the shader cache automatically - by simply changing the version number. If you don't have this little "tool" in there you have to go to the shader folder and physically delete that actual cache yourself. Right now - all you need to do is to put it back in, under [GRAPHICS], put in any number and then launch the sim. It will rebuild the cache.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

That entry is there only to allow you to rebuild the shader cache automatically - by simply changing the version number. If you don't have this little "tool" in there you have to go to the shader folder and physically delete that actual cache yourself. Right now - all you need to do is to put it back in, under [GRAPHICS], put in any number and then launch the sim. It will rebuild the cache.
Thanks for the reply Paul, I tried the auto installer that ******* has provided (thought I would be lazy today) and it works like a charm.

\Robert Hamlich/

Quick question regarding the shaders, in particular, the "ShadersHLSL" folder and the "WaterConstants.Xml" file-If I swap out the original ShadersHLSL folder with Bojote's but leave the original WaterConstants.Xml file, will I still get all of the benefits from the 3.0 shaders?The reason I ask is because for some reason on my system, the original WaterConstants.Xml file reduces the shimmers considerably and has a more active wave effect, which I prefer. But I still would like the benefits of the 3.0 shaders.(I've got the correct settings in the Nvidia Inspector and all of the other great NickN and Bojote tweaks in place.)Thanks!

Alexander Alonso

original WaterConstants.Xml file, will I still get all of the benefits from the 3.0 shaders?
Sure. The WaterConstants.Xml simply changes some of the settings (reflections, wave height, speed etc) but you still have Shader 3 so yes, you can have the shader 3 mod and use the default WaterConstants.Xml file with no problems.

Free Arepas and Ron Pampero for you! :(
Lol! ;) Ron Pampero... it's been years!

Say *******, why do I lose all my reflections when I install your mod?It's been the same thing with manual install before. But I never came around to it... now thought to again look at it.

Say *******, why do I lose all my reflections when I install your mod?It's been the same thing with manual install before. But I never came around to it... now thought to again look at it.
Hi Word Not Allowed,My guess is that you are doing a manual install and you are not copying the WaterConstants.Xml file to the FSX root folder. Reflections are controlled by that file and in fact users complain that the reflections are way too strong! Make sure you are using Water 2.0 as the Shader 3 mod affects the quality of the 2.x water only.Aditionally, any 'change' to the WaterContants.Xml file requires a shader recompile (you can also delete the shader cache manually) and test again.

Hi Word Not Allowed,My guess is that you are doing a manual install and you are not copying the WaterConstants.Xml file to the FSX root folder. Reflections are controlled by that file and in fact users complain that the reflections are way too strong! Make sure you are using Water 2.0 as the Shader 3 mod affects the quality of the 2.x water only.Aditionally, any 'change' to the WaterContants.Xml file requires a shader recompile (you can also delete the shader cache manually) and test again.
Actually, I was using automatic install. The manual install was way before your auto-install came, when you had 1.3 version.Today tried the autoinstall, still no-go.EDIT: Got it to work - autoinstaller did copy waterconstants, but it started working after manual install. It's true what you say, it's too strong. I have almost white sea. Not really convincing. Any way of toning it down??EDIT2: Disregard everything. Sometimes it really pays off to RTFM :(

wth happend to the old good Shader 3.0 ? now there is no change for me in game like before.. Someone have the older version he made ? so i can fix ini file to get the correct setup and get the nice look in the game again :(

wth happend to the old good Shader 3.0 ? now there is no change for me in game like before.. Someone have the older version he made ? so i can fix ini file to get the correct setup and get the nice look in the game again :(
Check my signature

I did that and installed the new Shader stuff and its not working for some reason i see no change. Thats why i want the old Shader 3.0 version :(

I did that and installed the new Shader stuff and its not working for some reason i see no change. Thats why i want the old Shader 3.0 version :(
I understand what you mean now. The old version included the ENBSeries mod, which ads bloom effects to FSX. Simply google ENBSeries for FSX and you shall find :)