Sign in to follow this  
Variometer

Slowdown

I agree, that was extremly well done! Different Too.Rob

Guest Zevious Zoquis

holy crap. Thats just outrageous! I haven't had too many occasions where I've seen something from FSX that made me think "ok, thats it I need to give the new version a go" but this vid definitely inspires that sentiment. Parts of that vid are literally real looking. If I had any faith in the possibility that FSX would actually look anything like that on the hardware I have available I'd find myself a copy tomorrow...great work.

Thanks for your kind words, Zevious. I can't say anything about how this scenery will run on your pc, because I don't know your hardware specifications, but you might try the free demo of PNW, which can be found at the orbx homepage. Kind regards, Andreas

Having lived for many years in McMinnville, Oregon - now home of the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Aviation Museum - which is just down the road some 35 miles from Hillsboro, I can attest to the realism of the terrain seen in this awesome video.Simply fantastic work - and you are a pretty fair glider pilot too!Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm very glad you like that clip, and thanks for commending my gliding skills :) Seems that I didn't forget evrything from the time when I was an active real world glider some years ago :)Best regards, Andreas

What machine are you using that get's such good performance out of FSX?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks for those positive comments.@dilloll0 - here are my current specs:CPU: i7 920 @ 3.8GhzBoard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2Memory: 12GB Corsair DDR3@1600GPU: 280GTX 1GBDisk 1: (for OS): Intel SSD 80GBDisk 2: 500GB Samsung HD501LJDisk 3: 500GB Samsung HD501LJDisk 4: 1TB Samsung HD103UJCooler: Noctua NH-U12PMonitor1: Samsung 2233Z 120Hz 22" LCD @1680x1050Monitor2: Medion MD6155AH 17" LCD @ 1280x1024NVidia 3D Vision shutter glassesTrackIR4OS: Windows7 Professional 64-bitGraphic driver | nVidia Driver 196.21Kind regards, Andreas

Thanks for those positive comments.@dilloll0 - here are my current specs:CPU: i7 920 @ 3.8GhzBoard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2Memory: 12GB Corsair DDR3@1600GPU: 280GTX 1GBDisk 1: (for OS): Intel SSD 80GBDisk 2: 500GB Samsung HD501LJDisk 3: 500GB Samsung HD501LJDisk 4: 1TB Samsung HD103UJCooler: Noctua NH-U12PMonitor1: Samsung 2233Z 120Hz 22" LCD @1680x1050Monitor2: Medion MD6155AH 17" LCD @ 1280x1024NVidia 3D Vision shutter glassesTrackIR4OS: Windows7 Professional 64-bitGraphic driver | nVidia Driver 196.21Kind regards, Andreas
I just checked the prices on something like this, I guess it'll be another year and a half before I dive into FSX as the price of admission is still too steep. Anything less than this system I don't want. Judging by your video this machine is the beginning of a fantastic future for FSX. Finally the system that'll run FSX the way I want it to run. Again outstanding video and thanks for sharing your specs.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

What a superb video, Andreas. Easily the best and most atmospheric that I have ever seen. Well done!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thank you very much, Christopher. I'm really happy about the acceptance of this clip :)