Sign in to follow this  
Guest thhynes

FSX 10 Upgrade from FSX to Gold Edition

Guest thhynes

I am having a major issue with MSFWOW what issues I am having with Microsoft Flight Sim X

I have an old .38 Smith&Wesson that just needs a bit of a clean and an oil if that's any help. :( Not funny, I know. I feel for you mate.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I didn't know that Microsoft had an online store in which you could download the FSX Gold Edition. That must be a HUGE download since it is basically FSX Deluxe and Acceleration included into one product.Usually the best thing to do I would think would be to completely uninstall the current version of FSX you have installed, clean the registry and any hidden files that maybe left behind, then install FSX Gold.Edit:I just went to their online store here: http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Fligh...roduct/25ACE6F8 and it says that is it box only. How did you download it?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am getting bad flashbacks from the time I encountered that error. I ended up having to format my hard drive and installing FSX. I tried to purge FSX out manually, including the registry files to no avail. There was some kind of a fix or tip on the Microsoft site (do a search), however it did not help me. Sorry that I don't have anything better to tell you...

Guest firehawk44
I am having a major issue with MSFWOW what issues I am having with Microsoft Flight Sim X

The Gold Edition includes FSX Deluxe and Acceleration all in one box. If you already have FSX Deluxe/Acceleration installed, you do not need the Gold Edition. The Gold Edition only upgrades FSX Standard which is the lowest version of FSX as it does not include some aircraft and I believe some scenery that's in the Deluxe version. There is no Gold Edition download so whatever you downloaded was not the Gold Edition. This is the reason why you are getting error messages. You have the latest and greatest edition already installed (maybe you might still need Acceleration). The Gold Edition will do nothing more for you. For further info, goto the FSInsiders.com website where they will explain what's in each package of FSX.Best regards,Jim
He states he only has the FSX standard version. I agree what he downloaded couldn't have been the gold version as it's a box release only. He probably Dled the Deluxe version. I don't believe MS is selling Acceleration separately any more. It's not listed in their online store, and I haven't seen it in stores for a while now only the Gold version and the deluxe I see any more. I guess you may still be able to find it in the bargain bins though!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d