Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Why does rc not know the rwy in use

RC looks to AI runway use first at the time you contact approach. If no AI are present then it uses a runway priority system based on winds, equipment, and length.FS can select runways for AI allowing a tailwind component of up to 8 or 12 knots as I understand it.If AI runway use has changed some time after approach has assigned it then your original assignment sticks.If your traffic program spawns AI in too short an area around your aircraft conflicts can result. What traffic program are you using?Some weather applications can also freeze wind direction as you approach your destination to keep AI consistent.

RC looks to AI runway use first at the time you contact approach. If no AI are present then it uses a runway priority system based on winds, equipment, and length.FS can select runways for AI allowing a tailwind component of up to 8 or 12 knots as I understand it.If AI runway use has changed some time after approach has assigned it then your original assignment sticks.If your traffic program spawns AI in too short an area around your aircraft conflicts can result. What traffic program are you using?Some weather applications can also freeze wind direction as you approach your destination to keep AI consistent.
My traffic program is Ut2 and im using rex weather.

I keep landing with a tailwind while other aircraft are taxing to the opposite side to get ready for takeoff?
do you know what the fsuipc setting is, that determines the radius to look for ai. i have mine set to 0 (no limit).also, if the ai are all sleeping at the airport, when you contact approach, like ronzie said, i calculate the rwy based on length, equipment and wind. if the ai wake up and start taxiing, they may get a different runway.when you contact approach (or when you get atis at 70 miles, 60, 45 miles out), i look to see if there are any ai landing there. if there are, you get the runway they are using.if you want to make a log, and send it to me, i can tell you why you got the runway you got, and why the ai are doing something different. instructions pinned to the top of the forumjd

do you know what the fsuipc setting is, that determines the radius to look for ai. i have mine set to 0 (no limit).also, if the ai are all sleeping at the airport, when you contact approach, like ronzie said, i calculate the rwy based on length, equipment and wind. if the ai wake up and start taxiing, they may get a different runway.when you contact approach (or when you get atis at 70 miles, 60, 45 miles out), i look to see if there are any ai landing there. if there are, you get the runway they are using.if you want to make a log, and send it to me, i can tell you why you got the runway you got, and why the ai are doing something different. instructions pinned to the top of the forumjd
Also maybe my spawn in ut2 should be set further away.

What do you mean? I also use UT2... do all UT2 users have this problem?Hm, I'm really into buying this one but now I'm finding out about all these problems with my favourite addons.. UT2, ASE, (didn't even finish reading this forum yet). If this problems are just with a few people than ok, it happens to all of us, but unfortunately I don't know since none of these problems were solved here in forum posts.. all posts end with no solution.

What do you mean? I also use UT2... do all UT2 users have this problem?Hm, I'm really into buying this one but now I'm finding out about all these problems with my favourite addons.. UT2, ASE, (didn't even finish reading this forum yet). If this problems are just with a few people than ok, it happens to all of us, but unfortunately I don't know since none of these problems were solved here in forum posts.. all posts end with no solution.
i'm not familiar with any issues with ut2 - it's just aiASE has a problem when a specific option is set, and rc become unresponsive because ASE is keeping fs busy. if you turn off that option, rc behaves nicely.i'm sure there are thousands of folks with rc, ut2, and ase, and they are working just fine.

Please see the other thread about UT2 setup. Your choice of spawning traffic only 25 nm out will not allow RC to observe AI landing patterns prior to assignment in approach. AI do not always follow best weather, etc., and may pick a better runway allowing a small tail and crosswind.

Thanks!I think I'm sold on this one.
ASE works fine here. I can't remember what option it is - maybe DWC - but I think I have that on and it's working so far.

Global weaher with smoothing etc. should be switched off. Instead, set weather supression to a specific range - say 80 miles. This reduces Active Sky activity in the vicinity of the airfield as well as stabilising wind direction. Also make sure weather settings in FSUIPC (reg'd) are OFF.Second, ensure Ai traffic is spawned at least 50 miles from you to be on the safe side.This should minimise problems.Third, "Pray" ......Fourth, remember, it's not real, so if you do find a jumbo heading for you, don't panic... :(

Global weaher with smoothing etc. should be switched off. Instead, set weather supression to a specific range - say 80 miles. This reduces Active Sky activity in the vicinity of the airfield as well as stabilising wind direction. Also make sure weather settings in FSUIPC (reg'd) are OFF.Second, ensure Ai traffic is spawned at least 50 miles from you to be on the safe side.This should minimise problems.Third, "Pray" ......Fourth, remember, it's not real, so if you do find a jumbo heading for you, don't panic... :(
Gabe,I'm using ASE (build 572) and Traffic X (AI aircraft add-on), and I just ordered RC, waiting for the DVD.I understand your first comment about turning off wind smoothing in ASE. But you also said to turn off wx settings in FSUIPC (registered version) Does this include the wind smoothing option? I figure that if I turn off the smoothing option in ASE, at least I could keep it ON in FSUIPC. Will this cause a problem with RC?In your second comment, "ensure Ai traffic is spawned at least 50 miles from you to be on the safe side." Is this an adjustment I would make in RC, ASE or Traffic X? Thanks for info.