Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Water reflection in different situations

Is there anything that impacts in FSX how the sun is reflected in the sea? If I look back on the FS9, there were many different "waters", and how the sun was reflected, especially Dusk/Dawn... How to change that in FSX?I have REX2... if I change Wave Animation only, there is no change in reflection? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Maybe to clarify what I'm looking for:I checked google for sunrise shots over seas at dawn, and all sun reflections in the sea are straight. They are not narrow far away, and broad as they come closer. And at horizon often start too narrow... can that be changed?!?

I think I understand what you want to do and it can be done with FSWaterConfigurator http://www.strikingsoftware.com/fswc.shtmlI have used it to change the sunset/sunrise reflections as well as to get rid of the milky white night reflections on water caused from moon light.Edit: One thing that is cool about this tool is that you can adjust on the fly to test your changes without having to reboot FSX. Not sure if this tool will work if you did *******'s shader mods though, better ask him.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I already undid the SM3 mod, exactly because of this.FSWC unfortunately doesn't give me what I'm looking for: no matter what specular you set in FSWC, you will always get the sun from horizon to your position going from narrow to broad. Check some google pictures, like this one:http://jameswoodward.files.wordpress.com/2...rranean_sea.jpgNotice it's much broader at horizon, and only slighly broader down the line. That bothers me a lot in FSX...

I already undid the SM3 mod, exactly because of this.FSWC unfortunately doesn't give me what I'm looking for: no matter what specular you set in FSWC, you will always get the sun from horizon to your position going from narrow to broad. Check some google pictures, like this one:http://jameswoodward.files.wordpress.com/2...rranean_sea.jpgNotice it's much broader at horizon, and only slighly broader down the line. That bothers me a lot in FSX...
I would be interested in a tweak for this as well.

Alexander Alonso

Any ideas or takers on this one? (bump)

Seeing this is a 4.5 year old thread, you can safely conclude there isn't anything like this for dx9.

Seeing this is a 4.5 year old thread, you can safely conclude there isn't anything like this for dx9.

I am still amazed at the number of "Necropostings", including me. We just seem to get caught up in searching and old stuff pops up. I try to limit my search timeline, but sometimes forget.

Then there are those thread jackers.  :rolleyes:

Topic locked because as responding to old topics provides little or no useful information. Best to start up a new topic if there is an issue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10