Sign in to follow this  
s_phoenix

Screen artifacts after installation

Hello, dears,today after aircraft installation some screen artifacts with my J41 (see example shots) has been found. I haven't any the same problem with all other a/c, i.e defaults too. What is that could be?Thanks in advance for you assistance and help.has re-installation of this aircraft after purchasing (after uprgrade of whole system)PS. Sorry for non-alligned flight systems and IRU - it was test flight only :)

Dusk transition is tricky anyway, but what you are seeing might be fixed by adjusting the panel refresh and quality with configuration manager. Some have luck with this with no noticeable degradation in quality.

Dan Downs KCRP

exactly what I saw, and was discussed in:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=286733vat least I hope was disucussed, because that's what I had. Restarted FSX and no messing with Display settings was the fix (and not using fullscreen/windowed toggle).The screenshots you show would pretty much happen with every single frame ( as in generate epileptic shock effect ).

exactly what I saw, and was discussed in:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=286733vat least I hope was disucussed, because that's what I had. Restarted FSX and no messing with Display settings was the fix (and not using fullscreen/windowed toggle).The screenshots you show would pretty much happen with every single frame ( as in generate epileptic shock effect ).
This is supposed to get fixed in the next SP, which I haven't seen an E.C.D. for. Dawn/dusk texture-blending is a contributor? I haven't heard that. The thread says that if you disable the icing effect it doesn't happen either, but I haven't tested for that.-Greg Guerinot

This had better get on PMDG's get "fixed" list soon (like now) , getting very, very tiring . . . . of starting a flight and then this %^&%&*%^ happening . . . again and again!

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

This is at the point of dumping this AC now! I hope someone has an idea to fix this because what is here hasn't done the trick. Giving up switching windows mode is not an option . . .

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Turning off icing fixed it for me. It is on their to do list. Also, full names are required in this forum, thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I will try turning off icing but I was running icing and did not have a problem until recently. Thanks for the reply. Joe Porter

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

I just reinstalled this as well, installed the service pack, and had these sameVC ghosting/artifacts. It did not do this for me before, but I have been busyand not flown this for quite some time.Just to confirm, I set the model and VC options to low in the configurationmanager and it gets rid of the problem. Wondering if it was the service pack because I think I had things set tohigh originally. Hmmm, well just happy to get rid of the problem for now.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Dears, could you please advice me if I need for SP1 now. JS41 reinstalled on my system two weeks ago using Extended Dowldng service?

Service version is 1.10.1016, should tell you what your installedversion is and that will settle the issue :)That service pack is from 10/09, would be surprised if theydidn't update the new downloads by this time.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Hmm, my .exe version is 12.0.0.49974, last changes date 17/10/2009. So, need I for this SP1 installation or not?

Hello, dears,today after aircraft installation some screen artifacts with my J41 (see example shots) has been found. I haven't any the same problem with all other a/c, i.e defaults too. What is that could be?Thanks in advance for you assistance and help.has re-installation of this aircraft after purchasing (after uprgrade of whole system)PS. Sorry for non-alligned flight systems and IRU - it was test flight only :)
wow im lucky. I have a normal laptop for FSX with bad graphics card, 2gb Ram, intel pentium dual CPU 2.0ghz, vista - All settings on lowest for best performance and even still its slow. But thankfully i get no problems at all and everyone else that has fancy computers seem to be getting all the problems.Carl Murray

Carl, should we remember it and point You to this thread when You'll finally get some problems? I don't think so ;)About screen artifacts: I had similar problem. But only when messing with nhancer and .cfg tweaks. Now I don't use any tweaks, I got 3-5fps less but got no errors. Of course, we all want to set sliders max to the right, but sometimes it's not worth it.