Sign in to follow this  
airindia16

unusual textures

Hello,Recently when I've been flying, these random textures appear on the runway or taxiway in a certain view and then when I switch to top-down for example, it appears normal. So then I would continue flying in the original view without incident. However, today I was KORD - O'Hare Airport in Chicago and the runway looked very wierd in the cockpit, and spot views, but was fine top-down. Flying was thus basically impossible.If you have any idea what is happening please reply and see the picture below.thank you,airindia16

What was the last add-ons you installed?For me it looks either a textures mess, a wrong conf in scenery.cfg (especially the two first entries) or a videocard problemRV

My bet is that it is related to a recent add on.Sometimes you need to disable several add ons before you find the problem.Try disabling (not removing) your most recent add ons or all add ons to see if the problem persists and then begin to enable them again one by one until you find the culprit.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Almost looks like video card artifacts.... ie GPS failing or heat issues

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks like artifacts to me also. Bad driver install, card going south, etc.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

With all sincerity this is a classic example of someone reaching out for help and not providing enough info as to what addon's are installed on a system who's specs are not listed. Without that crucial and important information all the replies are simply just guesses.If you take the time to register and post at Avsim then you should take equally as much time to add the info to your sig and update it as required otherwise you will be chasing your tail and wasting everyone's time.

\Robert Hamlich/

With all sincerity this is a classic example of someone reaching out for help and not providing enough info as to what addon's are installed on a system who's specs are not listed. Without that crucial and important information all the replies are simply just guesses.If you take the time to register and post at Avsim then you should take equally as much time to add the info to your sig and update it as required otherwise you will be chasing your tail and wasting everyone's time.
yes, I'm very sorry! I forgot to check my own forum as i was out of town! So I have just added another picture, which is at Denver International Airport. I only have one add-on and that is FsPassengers. How would I go about "disabling" it? This only occurs every now and then, but appears to be very random. I would appreciate that if you give any advice explain it step-by-step because I am a bit of a newbie.Thank you very much,airindia16By the Way, I am running an IBM intellisation Pro.

I am running an IBM intellisation Pro.
please be more specific -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_IntelliStation
This only occurs every now and then, but appears to be very random.
picture is showing me you have an overheat and/ or GPU failing and/or powersupply failing.
I would appreciate that if you give any advice explain it step-by-step because I am a bit of a newbie.
for overheating -* make sure all fans, both on the computer case and CPU and GPU are clean and running. * make sure all computer case vents are cleanpower supply and/or GPU failure are more difficulty to diagnose as the components sometimes work.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

please be more specific -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_IntelliStationpicture is showing me you have an overheat and/ or GPU failing and/or powersupply failing. for overheating -* make sure all fans, both on the computer case and CPU and GPU are clean and running. * make sure all computer case vents are cleanpower supply and/or GPU failure are more difficulty to diagnose as the components sometimes work.--
I'm running an Intellistation Z Pro. As for the fans, you reccomend I clean them and then see what happens?

I'm running an Intellistation Z Pro. As for the fans, you reccomend I clean them and then see what happens?
Are you saying, you are running FSX on a Pentium Pro at 200MHZ? 1GB memory, circa 1997 ? If so that is your problem, that is well below the minimum requirements to to run FSX.Edit: I just noticed there are other models in the Z Pro Class, so disregard above!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm running an Intellistation Z Pro.
like tom states ... depending on your model number you may not be able to run FSX. be be honest, even if you have 'Type 9228 (June 2006)' you will be challenged to run FS9 'maxed out'.
As for the fans, you reccomend I clean them and then see what happens?
if your computer has never been cleaned, as is a mid-90s computer, YES the fans and vents need cleaning. if your computer is 6 or so months old it likely needs cleaning.BUT ... the game requires -
  • [*]Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7[*]Processor: 1.0 Ghz[*]RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Are you saying, you are running FSX on a Pentium Pro at 200MHZ? 1GB memory, circa 1997 ? If so that is your problem, that is well below the minimum requirements to to run FSX.Edit: I just noticed there are other models in the Z Pro Class, so disregard above!
i have 2 gb memory

like tom states ... depending on your model number you may not be able to run FSX. be be honest, even if you have 'Type 9228 (June 2006)' you will be challenged to run FS9 'maxed out'.if your computer has never been cleaned, as is a mid-90s computer, YES the fans and vents need cleaning. if your computer is 6 or so months old it likely needs cleaning.BUT ... the game requires -
  • [*]Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7[*]Processor: 1.0 Ghz[*]RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista

I understand what you are saying, although wouldn't it be that if my computer did not meet minimum requirements that the game simply wouldn't function, or would function but very poorly?
my guess is VERY poorly ... i have no idea if FS actually checks if the PC meets all specs. if one is significantly below requirements, like the DX ability of the videocard, the game will now show on the screen (again, a guess).
I'm flying again in Charlotte and everything is going very smoothly.
'smooth' performance of FS is a relative thing between users. 'performance' and 'smooth' is a great way to start a cat fight on this forum. :( :( if you are happy GREAT for you!! :(
This is why I am having a hard time understanding why this is so random.
again, without knowing wish actual model you have (ie, CPU type and speed, videocard type and speed) i return to my best guess that you have an overheat and/or GPU failing and/or powersupply failing. for overheating -* make sure all fans, both on the computer case and CPU and GPU are clean and running. * make sure all computer case vents are cleanpower supply and/or GPU failure are more difficulty to diagnose as the components sometimes work.--

i have 2 gb memory
simply - FS is a CPU bound game. the faster your CPU the better FS performs. this is why FSX continues to have 'performance issues' ... CPUs haven't increased in speed at the pace MS/Aces expected. CPU development is more focused on the number of cores available on the 'chip'. FS doesn't utilize multiple cores all that well.a good quality videocard helps as it will render the graphics more quickly and in higher detail. a $1000 videocard will not solve all FSX performance problems. there is no 'one item fix' to create a perfect FSX computer.memory is important ... but not all that important. 2GB is a fine number, especially if you are running winXP.--