Sign in to follow this  
Stansy

Win 7 64 Bit FSX & Payware Issues

I am curious as to whether anyone using Windows 7 64 bit with FSX Acceleration has gotten any of these aircraft to work (well):Flight1 Pilatus PC-12Flight1 ATR72-500Feelthere C208 CaravanThey work great for me in Windows XP SP3, but in Win 7, the panels don't work on the flight 1 planes and the VC glarescreen is blue on the Caravan (have VC Rain fix installed).Thanks for your time.

I am curious as to whether anyone using Windows 7 64 bit with FSX Acceleration has gotten any of these aircraft to work (well):Flight1 Pilatus PC-12Flight1 ATR72-500Feelthere C208 CaravanThey work great for me in Windows XP SP3, but in Win 7, the panels don't work on the flight 1 planes and the VC glarescreen is blue on the Caravan (have VC Rain fix installed).Thanks for your time.
I'm using the PC12 and ATR in W7/64 and FSX accel. I remember after installing PC12 the panels didnt work at the begining. I removed the plane and reinstalled using administrator privileges. Not any problems with ATR.RV

No problem here with PC-12 or ATR (nor any other Add-on for FSx). Just get into the habit of using admin priv when installing anything, even if at the time it seems to make no difference..)

PC-12 working fine here. Never any problems and I run W7 64-bit and Acceleration.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Thanks all, I reinstalled these 3 using "Run as Administrator" and at least the ATR 72-500 is working. The gauges on the PC-12 still don't work. The windscreen on the Caravan VC is black.It's progress though!

i have your set up and Flight1 ATR72-500 works for me. Wonder if your problem is in the video card drivers! Also, when you upgraded your OS did you do a full install or this the upgrade. Did you change motherboards?

Thanks all, I reinstalled these 3 using "Run as Administrator" and at least the ATR 72-500 is working. The gauges on the PC-12 still don't work. The windscreen on the Caravan VC is black.It's progress though!
Hang the "Run as Adminstrator", turn UAC off. I have the PC12 running fine.I do hope that you haven't installed FSX into the default install location. That is like running with a blacksmith's anvil around your neck.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hang the "Run as Adminstrator", turn UAC off. I have the PC12 running fine.I do hope that you haven't installed FSX into the default install location. That is like running with a blacksmith's anvil around your neck.
Yeah still no luck on the PC-12. This was a full clean install of Win7 64 bit. FSX is installed to C:\FSXUAC is OFFthis is FSX Deluxe with the SDK installed.I just went back to using nVidia drivers released May 10, 2010 since the new ones aren't supported by nHancer 2.5.9(This PC-12 panel didn't light up for either driver version)I'll keep poking around at it and if I figure it out I'll post the solution.

I do hope that you haven't installed FSX into the default install location. That is like running with a blacksmith's anvil around your neck.
Why? I've run FS that way since FS5.0 - always worked the best!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've also FSX in default dir. No problems at all with the PC12. I did made a recursive directory permissions at some times. I think it may helps.RV

HelloThere are very good reasons not to install FSX into the default C:\Program Files (x86) directoryThis directory has special permissions which you will not have full control of even as administrator.As an example of the issues you can run into with FSX and addons installed into C:\Program Files (x86) read this from the authors of FScommander., it explains it better than I can here.http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=78476

The PC-12 works fine. Who knows about the other two... they aren't even native FSX aircraft. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The PC-12 works fine. Who knows about the other two... they aren't even native FSX aircraft. :(
Why would anyone want to install the Feelthere Caravan into FSX, It is worse than the Default Caravan by some distance.You are correct about non native addons into FSX, If you want badly performing aircraft then throwing old FS9 models into FSX is a sure way to lose FPS.

HelloThere are very good reasons not to install FSX into the default C:\Program Files (x86) directoryThis directory has special permissions which you will not have full control of even as administrator.
So they say...But the proof of the pudding is in the eating.I've installed into the default C:\Program Files (x86) directory and outside of the default directory. Currently inside... Result... in both cases no issues whatsoever.I've not found it necessary to install elsewhere at all. It seems many others haven't either. If problems occur though by all means consider.

So they say...But the proof of the pudding is in the eating.I've installed into the default C:\Program Files (x86) directory and outside of the default directory. Currently inside... Result... in both cases no issues whatsoever.I've not found it necessary to install elsewhere at all. It seems many others haven't either. If problems occur though by all means consider.
Hello MartinThe original topic was "FSX and Payware", I have only tried to show giving one example of a commonly used payware app why installing into C:\Program Files (x86)\ might not be such a great idea.If you are not having any issues thats great, but at some point you may wish to install a new addon which needs to interact with existing addons in the FSX directory, at that point you MAY have problems.Lets not forget that a lot of the payware we use knows nothing about the internal differences in Win7 and its use of a so called "virtual store" , IE third party flight planning software and FMC'sAnyway here is Microsofts explanation of why some legacy apps may have problemshttp://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/devel...edirection.aspx