Sign in to follow this  
Nandan Patel

What are the best 777 sounds

For trent 800s:POSKY's trent soundsTurbine Sound StudiosOr any other sounds?Pratt and Whitney 4070/4080/4090:Any suggestions?I don't really use GE engines for 777, but any suggestions for this one too?

I have the TSS Triple Seven sounds for FSX on my AeroSim 777, and they are really fantastic, but I don't know whether the FS9 ones are equally so, since FS9 doesn't do all that fancy doppler soundcone stuff. You can hear them on the videos associated with each product on simmarket, i.e. by clicking on the product pics here and scrolling down:http://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-studios.mhtmlAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

For the PW4084, I've been using Devyn Silverstein's soundset. Same for the GE90. He had three soundsets in one package, and the file should be on AVSIM barring any unforseen circumstances.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I recently downloaded the latest TSS 777 GE soundset for FSX and find them to be extremely below par! They sound like they've replaced the engines with Volkswagen motors. Have a listen to the youtube demo and you'll hear what I mean. Instead of the characteristic whine as you power down the runway and takeoff you hear this grinding whir instead. Prior to this I've been using either the POSKY sounds but the absolute truest come from PMDG's 747X. If you have this aircraft point your sounds to its soundfile for your particular engine as they have all 3 then you'll hear some fantastic spool up and great takeoff immersion. I thought buying the TSS payware would be a sure thing but not to my ears, but then they were only $15. Perhaps some others have had better experience?Ken.

Unfortunately sound is subjective, meaning that one person may find something to sound great and the other not. A lot of work goes into sound making, I speak from experience as I've been doing it for about 6 years.The thing is most people can't appreciate good sounds because they don't realize the attention to detail. It's not like an exterior model where everyone knows the way a particular airplane looks. Most people don't know the way specific aircraft engines sound, but I think that's beginning to change with all the videos and sound clips out on the internet now... more than ever before.I am the creator of the Project Opensky release, and I can assure you that you won't be able to find a more realistic Trent 800 soundset. The sounds are all phased, so theres a very very good chance they'll work in FSX without the typical distortion.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Guest steve crewdog
Unfortunately sound is subjective, meaning that one person may find something to sound great and the other not. A lot of work goes into sound making, I speak from experience as I've been doing it for about 6 years.
I've got about 3,000 hours in the 777 now, and from the cockpit we perceive full power on our GE90/94s as more of a low frequency rumbling vibration during takeoff than anything else. The wind noise rapidly becomes louder, and we can easily speak in normal tones of voices and be heard.

I personally think the Opensky sounds are indeed the best. Download them, they are free and are payware quality.And indee,d I too can't access the TSS website, which worries me a bit. I have been thinking about getting the TSS 767 GE sounds. What do people think are the best 767 sounds? TSS, or something else?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I had Devyn Silverstein's PW4084 soundset. It has 2 files outside the sound folder. Do we just paste this into the aircraft folder? Or are these sound files outside the sound folder supposed to be pasted into the sound folder to be activated? In readme it just says to extract his package into the aircraft folder.This sound folder is PW4077 (I read the readme inside the sound folder itself) with PW4084 things outside the sound folder.Thx

I have tried out the TSS GE90 and Christoffer Petersen "the real deal" v2 and i gotta say, "the real deal" is alot more realistic, it's got the whine etc. What do you guys think? Just wanna know hehe. Steve_Crewdog could you try em out too and tell me what you think is more realistic for the GE90-94 engines.Here's the link to the Christoffer Petersen: http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=98622 (filename 777ge90.zip flightsim.com)TSS GE90 is payware so you know where to look...Cheers, thanks for input.Boeingsta

I've got about 3,000 hours in the 777 now, and from the cockpit we perceive full power on our GE90/94s as more of a low frequency rumbling vibration during takeoff than anything else. The wind noise rapidly becomes louder, and we can easily speak in normal tones of voices and be heard.
^this^My problem with the VAST majority of soundsets free and pay is they more closely approximate the louder whining/grinding that a passenger hears. Much prefer absolute realism - that means cockpit fans, packs, handle movement and rushing wind. Engines belong in their place - 'behind' me and far away, and mostly apparent only at higher power settings.

Regards,

Mark

Completely agree with you, most soundsets out there are totally unrealistic, the sound from the flightdeck or first class is completely different, it seems like most soundpacks out there are simulating the sound from way behind the engines in economy. Devyn's freeware soundpacks are among the best, all my PMDG aircraft use them, the only thing I tweaked was the wind volume, once past 250kts and accelerating you can't hear the engines anymore, only wind and the packs.Regards

Rob Prest

Completely agree with you, most soundsets out there are totally unrealistic, the sound from the flightdeck or first class is completely different, it seems like most soundpacks out there are simulating the sound from way behind the engines in economy. Devyn's freeware soundpacks are among the best, all my PMDG aircraft use them, the only thing I tweaked was the wind volume, once past 250kts and accelerating you can't hear the engines anymore, only wind and the packs.Regards
That is true but what if you view the aircraft from the outside. Is this realistic? So you guys recommend the Devyn Silverstein GE90 sounds for the 200ER (GE90-94)?Cheers.

That is true but what if you view the aircraft from the outside. Is this realistic? So you guys recommend the Devyn Silverstein GE90 sounds for the 200ER (GE90-94)?Cheers.
As Rob indicated, Devyn's are among the best given the realism preference stated above - I use them as well. And yes, from external especially they have that awesome distinctive T7 high power wailing.

Regards,

Mark