Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

I suppose Level-D team is now dead in the water. They have another official and domestic duties so they do not care about making next FS addons. I am not sure if LD Team even exists now anymore. Basically Level-D Team developed 767 ten years ago and no other aircraft so far. I can hear some rant here and there sounding like "Level-D 767 is still the best!!!" but these are empty words in my view. The same plane being essentially portovered to fly in the next Flight Simulator versions. Yet today this path is not possible to continue anymore because LD 767 oldie looks ugly, it's graphically outdated (flat overhead in 3D cockpit!) and as contrasted to many opinions it is not bug-free product. So LD has to make brand-new aircraft on par with today's standards but as one can see their 757 project is a complete failure after five to six years of "development". Now many people move to PMDG and Capitan Sim products because, especially the latter, even if not completely bug-free and super-realistic, they look awesome and are quite advanced in the systems simulation department. I personally could not wait any longer for virtual LD 757 (it is a shame no release date was announced after so many years!) so I have decided to purchase CS 757 right now. The CS 757 patch 4.5 is on schedule so we will get some important improvements soon.
I dunno. I'd rather fly the LDS 767 anyday. It actually flies like it's supposed to. The CS757 was a COMPLETE waste of money.I'd be happy with an official patch (not workarounds) for the Level-D's couple FSX-A problems though! :Big Grin:I dunno how many Level-D customers have "moved" to PMDG. They don't have a 767 nor have they made anything that is even close to one. They don't appear to have anything on the horizon that's remotely similar either. If the LDS 757 comes out someday, I'll surely buy it. If not, I'll continue to enjoy the 767, one of the best addons ever made. The addition of winglets makes it even cooler!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The CS757 was a COMPLETE waste of money.
Maybe in your opinion! This is not bug-free aircraft but it EXISTS as opposed to virtual Level-D 757 which can be super-realistic but only in our imagination so far. So I think in present situation the choice is only one: CS 757 or much less simulated systems rich QW 757.
I'd be happy with an official patch (not workarounds) for the Level-D's couple FSX-A problems though! :(
I would be very skeptical even about that.
I dunno how many Level-D customers have "moved" to PMDG. They don't have a 767 nor have they made anything that is even close to one. They don't appear to have anything on the horizon that's remotely similar either.
It is not about having something very close to 757 in PMDG offer, this is about money and time! All these advanced add-ons are not cheap. Many folks were waiting patiently for Level-D 757 but it did not appear so far. Therefore they decided to buy one of very good PMDG planes, say 747X, because they wanted do get something finally, not waiting infinitely for LDS 757. Otherwise they wouldn't have bought similar PMDG product. However after such purchase they may not afford to buy LDS 757 in the future even if this plane hit the market someday.
The addition of winglets makes it even cooler!
Ask if those winglets are included in LDS 767 fuel calculations!

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

I dunno how many Level-D customers have "moved" to PMDG.
I did the opposite in fact, my first complex add on was the 747x, i then went to level d's 767. I find the level d 767 performs much better and i enjoy it more. I can also fly a 767 to more places as a 747 is just too big and heavy for most airports (still a great add on though, looking forward to the rumoured v2)
Ask if those winglets are included in LDS 767 fuel calculations!
The flight dynamics and fuel calculations were updated aswell as just the visual winglets.

I did the opposite in fact, my first complex add on was the 747x, i then went to level d's 767. I find the level d 767 performs much better and i enjoy it more. I can also fly a 767 to more places as a 747 is just too big and heavy for most airports (still a great add on though, looking forward to the rumoured v2)
I mean folks who had purchased Level-D 767 first and later waited for LDS 757. Now market reality is even more against LD Team because one can buy PMDG 747X for 55 bucks. I wouldn't say 747 and 767 are so different planes to handle from FSX pilot perspective. Both originate from the same era, both have similar FMS and avionics. Of course their gross-weight and flying characteristics differ but this fact makes only part of entire story.

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

Maybe in your opinion! This is not bug-free aircraft but it EXISTS as opposed to virtual Level-D 757 which can be super-realistic but only in our imagination so far. So I think in present situation the choice is only one: CS 757 or much less simulated systems rich QW 757. I would be very skeptical even about that.It is not about having something very close to 757 in PMDG offer, this is about money and time! All these advanced add-ons are not cheap. Many folks were waiting patiently for Level-D 757 but it did not appear so far. Therefore they decided to buy one of very good PMDG planes, say 747X, because they wanted do get something finally, not waiting infinitely for LDS 757. Otherwise they wouldn't have bought similar PMDG product. However after such purchase they may not afford to buy LDS 757 in the future even if this plane hit the market someday. Ask if those winglets are included in LDS 767 fuel calculations!
I'd rather not have a 757 than have the CS version. There are so many problems with it.No one but the Level-D team knows when a patch will come along for the FSX-A issues.Someone who wants a 757 isn't going to go buy a 747 just because it is there. If they want a 757 they'll go for the horribly buggy CS version or the less-involved QW version. Can't afford the 757 in the future? LOL. That's a pretty lame argument. By the looks of it, its going to be a while until the 757 is released, if ever. The person has more than enough time to save money for it.Level-D claims that with the winglets it uses 4% less fuel. Does someone have proof that they didn't change the fuel consumption in the new winglet model? I don't fly flights that are long enough to make much of a difference anyways. Ocean crossings in FS are boring. I much prefer the way the winglet version looks though.I think we should agree to disagree...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Another fix for that was posted in the member section the other day. Requires registered FSUIPC but does work.

Another fix for that was posted in the member section the other day. Requires registered FSUIPC but does work.
Yes it was and yes it works. But why should we need fixes and workarounds.. it should work without them! (I'm using that workaround you're talking about.. it's better than nothing but still, it's an annoying bug that should be fixed!). I hope before Flight.

I dont really care if or when the product is released. I just don't understand why devs announce products so far in advance then delete any post relating to the product. Willy

I dont really care if or when the product is released. I just don't understand why devs announce products so far in advance then delete any post relating to the product. Willy
LDS works at a glacial pace - QW could easily mature to the point that LDS becomes irrelevant,

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

LDS works at a glacial pace - QW could easily mature to the point that LDS becomes irrelevant,
I would have bought the Qualitywings 757 in a heartbeat if they had released an SDK for it.

From the first page of this thread, I wrote:Unlike other development teams, Level-D Simulations is a seriously PART-TIME concern. Wade, Laurent and Pedro (the principal developers) have growing families and full-time jobs outside of the FS world.Family and work come first. Let me explain WHAT has happened...When the 757 project was announced in 2005, FSX was not yet released. When FSX was released, the 757 was put on hold and the 767 for FS9 was sent into development for upgrade to FSX. 3 updates (and a small EHSI patch) for the 767 for FSX were delievered. The price to upgrade from the FS9 version was just $14.95.Once Wade and Laurent and Pedro got their mits on FSX, they realized that going back to FS9 and the 757 would have to wait. Of course, ACES shut down, and now FSX is the final version of the FS franchise (at least for now). With no version of FS on the horizon, what's the hurry? ;)The team are working on the 757, but no dates or progress reports are forthcoming until Wade, Laurent or Pedro say so.Rest assured, a 757 from Level-D Simulations will fly.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif