Hi,Because on a short flight it is possible to have the destination weather for the whole flight. This option is correct to be Off as you have it.Seeing this is the same thing that you had with ASX, I feel that your SimConnect installation is not stable.Just reviewed this whole thread again. What happens if yoou use a default plane?

Hi,Because on a short flight it is possible to have the destination weather for the whole flight. This option is correct to be Off as you have it.Seeing this is the same thing that you had with ASX, I feel that your SimConnect installation is not stable.Just reviewed this whole thread again. What happens if yoou use a default plane?
The problem is not the destination weather for the whole flight, it is the departure weather for the whole flight and with surface winds (no change in winds with a change in altitude.)Why do you think the SimConnect is unstable? I run Vatsim on it and when I had the updates displaying, they were displaying constantly. The thing I find puzzling is the weather on the FSX weather page agrees with ASE, but it does not seem to be getting to the aircraft as reflected in Ctrl-Z.There is no real difference when I use a default plane.Is it possible that I have done something wrong with my FSX bootup. How is your starup configured?Bill

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Hi,ASE is on my client computer and running.FSX is set to start directly to my default flight, runway 4R at KDTW. Default 373-800.

Hi,ASE is on my client computer and running.FSX is set to start directly to my default flight, runway 4R at KDTW. Default 373-800.
Jim,I think that Simconnect is working properly. I use the ASE map tracking with the aircraft position and the aircraft seems to always be in the correct place. If Simconnect were not working correctly I do not think the map or Vatsim would be working correctly. It is possible that I do not have FSX setup correctly. Do you have any suggestions for me to check in my FSX cfg files? My base setup is default C172 at the cargo ramp at KDFW with temp at 56F, wind calm at all levels, 29:92, and clear skies. I flew KDFW-KBNA-KDFW in B707 at FL330/320 on Friday and the winds updated correctly. I am currently flying KORD-KDFW at FL340 and they are not updating. You have said that the FSX wind page does not reflect what is happening, but I am finding that the World/Weather/UserDefined (customize)screen will reflect the same winds aloft that are being shown in ASE. By pushing the Stations radio button, the winds will update and be in agreement with Shift-Z amd ASE.How do I get FSX to update, it appears that the data is there?Bill

Hi,There are no FSX.cfg settings to make outside of the cloud and the cloud coverage sliders.Seeing these are the same type of issues you had with ASA leads me to say that this is a FSX\SimConnect issue on your computer. I try not to suggest a un-install/re-install of FSX, but that might be necessary in this situation.

Hi,There are no FSX.cfg settings to make outside of the cloud and the cloud coverage sliders.Seeing these are the same type of issues you had with ASA leads me to say that this is a FSX\SimConnect issue on your computer. I try not to suggest a un-install/re-install of FSX, but that might be necessary in this situation.
Jim,One minor correction, I have ASX and not ASA.I am not going to reinstall FSX unless it crashes. All other add-ons are working correctly including those that operate through Simconnect. Since I get correct data in VATSIM and the map in ASE (aircraft location), this is an indication to me that the programs are communicating with each other. The data in FSBuild appears to be very close to what I get when I run the Briefing in ASE. Infortunately for me, there is no real difference in ASX and ASE.I will continue to work on the problem and let you know if I find a solution.Bill

Jim,One minor correction, I have ASX and not ASA.I am not going to reinstall FSX unless it crashes. All other add-ons are working correctly including those that operate through Simconnect. Since I get correct data in VATSIM and the map in ASE (aircraft location), this is an indication to me that the programs are communicating with each other. The data in FSBuild appears to be very close to what I get when I run the Briefing in ASE. Infortunately for me, there is no real difference in ASX and ASE.I will continue to work on the problem and let you know if I find a solution.Bill
I have continued to work on this problem. I am trying some things that might be considered "outside the box". On a flight today from KDFW to TSJS the winds in MAP and FMS agreeded with ASE. The only problem is Shift-Z agreed most of the time with ASE, but on occassion (a minute or two) it would show 174@8. The MAP and FMC never did show the 174@8 wind speed. The winds were normally from the west in the 30-40 knot range. Bill

Hi,In ASE what is your Dynamic Rate of change slider set at?

Hi,In ASE what is your Dynamic Rate of change slider set at?
The Dynamic Rate is set at the default 50%.Today I tried TSJS to KDFW. The MAP and FMC agreed with ASE for the entire trip. Again Shift-Z agreed with ASE/MAP/FMC most of the time but would occassionally change to 108@6 for a couple of minutes. This 108@06 windspeed was the departure windspeed. The 108@6 would always show when there was a rapid change in clouds coverage, then a couple of minutes later it would revert to the ASE winds. I can not tell for sure which wind FSX is using, the winds on the MAP/FMC or shift-Z.Bill

Hi,So the winds were totally off between ASE and your shift Z readout in FSX and winds never changed?

Hi,So the winds were totally off between ASE and your shift Z readout in FSX and winds never changed?
The winds on departure in Shift-Z and the MAP display and FMC of the aircraft all agree with ASE.AS the aircraft climbs on it route, they continue to agree.Occassionaly (once or twice for a minute over an hour) the winds in Shift-Z resort back to the departure winds (on the runway), but the winds in the MAP display and FMC continue to agree with ASE. This usually occurs at the same time I am getting a cloud change. There is no change in IAS, power or altitude of the aircraft. If Shift-Z was off, I would not know there was a difference.Bill