Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

How to set AA in FS9 and FSX for Nvidia's 2xx.xx drivers (now with working Transparency AA!)

Guest Tamadeez
Well, I'm using DX9 now with Ryan's NvidiaInspector settings and it's noticeably crisper and just prettier all around. Added in ENB and it really shines. But I definitely took a good 10 FPS hit making the switch. I'm seeing around 20 FPS sitting at the end of the runway at FS DreamTeam's Dallas Ft Worth with a complex airliner, REX textures, ASE, FSGenesis, and UTX. No traffic. Already applied NickN's setup. Just seems way too low for an overclocked 6 core 980x with two SSD drives and a GTX 570. Not sure what more you could do hardware-wise to get more FPS :( Guess I'll have to go looking for more places to tweak this weekend.
Wow nice sig. I find having in FSX with Medium settings for Autogen Density and Scenery Complexity also having bloom off and zero traffic help enormously.

Wow nice sig. I find having in FSX with Medium settings for Autogen Density and Scenery Complexity also having bloom off and zero traffic help enormously.
Thanks. I thought building a top-end system would get me ready for the NGX and allow me to not have to compromise on some things, but I'm not happy yet with the performance. I never enable autogen so that's not a factor. Never found it to be good enough to enhance the experience, but it certainly hurts it where FPS is concerned. However, I may turn off bloom. For now I'm leaving traffic completely off.I'll play with the Inspector settings as well. Ryans settings seem to be pretty a pretty good balance already tho.

Tony

Did wonders for a minor frame rate hit for me on a i7 950 non o/c'ed with a 9800GTX+

What I like to know what to do with the original nvidea control panel ????Do I have to use some settings over there?Or leave it just the way it is?Robert!

What I like to know what to do with the original nvidea control panel ????Do I have to use some settings over there?Or leave it just the way it is?Robert!
I'm not sure how much more clear I could have been than saying:"Just run Nvidia Inspector and edit the MS Flight Simulator X and/or FS9 profile to match the settings in bold shown here - there is no need to open the default Nvidia Control Panel and edit anything there like this post used to describe prior to version 1.93."

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm not sure how much more clear I could have been than saying:"Just run Nvidia Inspector and edit the MS Flight Simulator X and/or FS9 profile to match the settings in bold shown here - there is no need to open the default Nvidia Control Panel and edit anything there like this post used to describe prior to version 1.93."
Sorry Ryan, missed it !Thanks!

What about the AA option included in FSX? How many AA do you get by using it?
Something similar along those lines. I've been perusing the 'Disappearing Textures Fix' thread and all the work Ryan and Bojote have done to solve the problem. How does using Nvidia Inspector conflict with the recommendations from Bojote with those in this thread, when Bojote says to ONLY use the Nvidia Control panel, not Nhancer or Inspector, and to set things WITHIN FSX? And since FSX doesn't say what AA level it uses, how do you know what AA level it's displaying? It's all getting so overwhelming! I'd just like to fly my Queen, not replace the engines!Kim

All the Nvidia Inspector does is give you access to more/better settings than available in the Nvidia control panel. I'm using *******' tweaks along with Inspector and getting great results. So I don't think there's a conflict there. As far as FSX's AA mode, it's probably something like 4x. It's definitely not as good as the options available in Inspector.

All the Nvidia Inspector does is give you access to more/better settings than available in the Nvidia control panel. I'm using *******' tweaks along with Inspector and getting great results. So I don't think there's a conflict there. As far as FSX's AA mode, it's probably something like 4x. It's definitely not as good as the options available in Inspector.
Great! I'll give Inspector a whirl!Kim

Well, those settings locked up FSX when I exited the flight. Never had that happen before. Had to end the process from the task manager just to get out of the sim. Looked good while I was flying though. :Cry:Does anybody have a good list of graphics settings and tweaks for FSX that would work on a newer i7 960 Win 7 64 Bit machine with a Nvidia Geforce 480 1.5GB card? I've tried all sorts of settings and .cfg tweaks and I still get some blocky ground textures and the nasty V-sync tearing across the screen when I turn my aircraft.

Ok everyone, I've got things working with the new settings. Looks pretty good too! Thanks!Kim

Bah, FSX looks fine for me but I'm still struggling with FS9 AA in windowed mode.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

After applying the settings in the screenshot on the first page, is there any additional steps that need to be taken within FS9 itself?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

After applying the settings in the screenshot on the first page, is there any additional steps that need to be taken within FS9 itself?
Try AA unchecked, filtering set to Trilinear.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Something similar along those lines. I've been perusing the 'Disappearing Textures Fix' thread and all the work Ryan and Bojote have done to solve the problem. How does using Nvidia Inspector conflict with the recommendations from Bojote with those in this thread, when Bojote says to ONLY use the Nvidia Control panel, not Nhancer or Inspector, and to set things WITHIN FSX? And since FSX doesn't say what AA level it uses, how do you know what AA level it's displaying? It's all getting so overwhelming! I'd just like to fly my Queen, not replace the engines!Kim
Ok, ******* was talking about this specifically relating to using "UsePools=0" to improve performance, not when just using the HIGHMEMFIX=1 line to solve the disappearing textures issue. "UsePools=0" basically causes a torrent of data to go straight to the GPU instead of the sim's vertex buffers - this can lead to stability problems if the card is overloaded with data from the CPU. Applying a bunch of heavy supersample AA with the driver lessens the amount of power the GPU has to deal with that torrent of vertex data from sim - that's why he recommended against using it in that case. Even with that though, many of the really high end cards like the 480/570/580 can handle it fine.The "RejectThreshold=" setting has superseded "UsePools=0" though now for people looking for extra performance. I have not seen any problems at all running that setting while using high AA settings with Inspector and the effect is basically the same as UsePools=0 was.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg