Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

How to set AA in FS9 and FSX for Nvidia's 2xx.xx drivers (now with working Transparency AA!)

I just tried full screen and I had AA the entire time, looked no different than windowed does for me. Switched back and forth a bunch of times and couldn't get the AA to go away.If you want to set it to override instead of enhance, just set Antialiasing - Mode Selector: AA_MODE_SELECTOR_OVERRIDE and then turn off the AA checkbox in FSX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If you want to set it to override instead of enhance, just set Antialiasing - Mode Selector: AA_MODE_SELECTOR_OVERRIDE and then turn off the AA checkbox in FSX.
Update:This helped me with my issue I noted on page# 1. I'm still not sure why but I did as I mentioned I would and cleaned out the new driver and resinstalled 257.21 as well as restored all my settings in the nvidia control panel and nvidiaInspector. I still had a problem with the AA box checked in FSX. Very strange since I never had this issue before, but oh well, I'm just glad the override worked.Thanks again for the tip!*Also, the AA_Transparency made everything look better also. I did as described and could see the difference with the tail number as well as a lot of background items being much clearer too. I still have my distant rwy and taxi lines shimmer but it all looks much better, thanks again.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Ryan,What is your suggestion for dealing with some minor scene tearing in full-screen mode; especially when panning using my TrackIR5 hardware? This was not noticed before implemennting this thread. Set Vsync-On in the Nvidia control panel (FSX profile) or using the Inspector (FSX profile)? If Inspector, which drop down do you suggest? Othewise, these 8xS settings above and my GTX470 looks pretty darn good! Thanks...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

attn ryan .....am suffering of the same "tearing" problem .......... any ideas ????cheers .. ricps the inspector "Antialiasing - Mode Selector: AA_MODE_SELECTOR_ENHANCE" set to OVERWRITE worked ..... but now see frames droping from solid 30 to 20.......rick

I have experienced the same issue described above in windowed mode as well . .Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Settings do look great but I do see the same tearing issues described. Had seen them before but they are much more noticeable now.

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

Ryan,What is your suggestion for dealing with some minor scene tearing in full-screen mode; especially when panning using my TrackIR5 hardware? This was not noticed before implemennting this thread. Set Vsync-On in the Nvidia control panel (FSX profile) or using the Inspector (FSX profile)? If Inspector, which drop down do you suggest? Othewise, these 8xS settings above and my GTX470 looks pretty darn good! Thanks...
attn ryan .....am suffering of the same "tearing" problem .......... any ideas ????cheers .. ricps the inspector "Antialiasing - Mode Selector: AA_MODE_SELECTOR_ENHANCE" set to OVERWRITE worked ..... but now see frames droping from solid 30 to 20.......rick
I have experienced the same issue described above in windowed mode as well . .Joe
Settings do look great but I do see the same tearing issues described. Had seen them before but they are much more noticeable now.
You should be able to leave the driver vsync setting to "Use the 3D application setting" and add the following lines to the [GRAPHICS] section of your fsx.cfg file:ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1If that doesn't work, change the driver vsync setting to "Force on"Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

hi ... tried both vsync on and off but tearing doesnt disappear ............maybe ryan has a solution to this ....rgds .... rick

ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1
These should work - I get no tearing here with them on. (Note - these go in the [GRAPHICS] section of the FSX.cfg - NOT [DISPLAY]Just be advised that using vsync in windowed mode may drop your framerate significantly - in full screen mode FSX uses a vsync solution akin to triple-buffering that does not lock the framerate to integer quotient values the way it will in windowed mode.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I don't know then, sorry - I don't get tearing here myself so I can't can't exactly try to fix it.You didn't have tearing with the old 1xx.xx drivers and nhancer? Not sure why that'd be the case if no, this procedure is making the same changes to the driver profiles that nHancer did before.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

ryan is the new nhancer in the making?or is it now just impossible?Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

ryan is the new nhancer in the making?or is it now just impossible?Alex
It's up in the air, Martin said he's starting over from scratch using a different programming API, so it's gonna take a while if it does happen.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

i ask becuase i cant override the defualt aa in #FSX.Like u say above ^^

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK