Sign in to follow this  
Tallguy

What's te latest news on the RC5 development?

They should take their time, but they should also finalize the feature set at one point... and then resist the temptation to keep adding things.:(

Mike...

Guest pawjer

Dear All,The answer to the question when RC5 is going to be released is simple! As long as customers are purchasing RC4.3, the developer is not interested in publishing the new version! Why should they do so? Why stop making an old version paid?So if we want to have new RC published, we should stop buying the old version. This will force the publisher to put a new product on the market in order to EARN MONEY for living.Kind regards,

If I were you, I would reconsider your post...JD does this *as a sidejob* as far as I know, RC is his and Doug's brainchild so posting such pathetic comments is absolute crap...please do not Airsimmerize this thread, will ya...

Just take ALL your time..btw did you get my PM?
Yes I did and thanks. We will keep that in mind.Bob
Dear All,The answer to the question when RC5 is going to be released is simple! As long as customers are purchasing RC4.3, the developer is not interested in publishing the new version! Why should they do so? Why stop making an old version paid?So if we want to have new RC published, we should stop buying the old version. This will force the publisher to put a new product on the market in order to EARN MONEY for living.Kind regards,
You sir are totally out of line with this comment. :( Bob

I refrain from reacting in this manner to posts here on the AVSIM board, but I have to make an exception to this one. This has to be the dumbest post I have ever seen here (at least one that was made in all seriousness).I bought RC4, years ago, but will buy RC5 the very day it comes out for sure, so will many many others I know who fly with RC4. We all have already bought version 4, and are no longer in the "potential customer pool" anymore because of the very understanding policy that we dont have to pay to reactive Radar Contact, that we can use our same codes we got when we first bought it to reactivate after reinstallation of FSX. Buy coming out with a v5, me and all those others are now potential customers again.I cannot believe you would come onto the RC board and urge people not to buy it, not because you think the product is crap, but rather as some sort of preventive punishment for a new version not being developed in a fashion you consider timely.We have never been led to believe the delay was anything but a personal issue that is none of our buisness.:(

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Guest Tiltman

Sure hope RC5 do arrive someday, I've been waiting for RC to implement VFR for years.Note;Please post regular updates to the dev. blog or simply remove it, the current static state are nothing but annoying.

v5 will come when it comes.That's it. I am very thrilled to get my hands on it, and I will when it is released. Great job with RCv4 by the way and hope you're getting along with v5 smoothly and professionally.

The only thing i want out of radar contact is an update on my Virgin America callsign to "Redwood"...I just cant play with RC with a "Virgin" callsign because thats unrealistic. Soooo for my I want RC v5 out asap whenever you guys can so i can use a more realistic ATC engine

The only thing i want out of radar contact is an update on my Virgin America callsign to "Redwood"...I just cant play with RC with a "Virgin" callsign because thats unrealistic. Soooo for my I want RC v5 out asap whenever you guys can so i can use a more realistic ATC engine
There are no files for download, I mean voice-packs? I miss also the Norwegian callsign.