Sign in to follow this  
Orbx

ESP Lives: Lockheed Martin launches Prepar3D

I stated a UI like what FSX has. It's clear that the design of the FSX UI is for entertainment purposes.If you are a developer with ESP, then you are very well versed on the topic and know that I'm correct in my overly generic statement. ESP is not for personal use of any type whatsoever. Personal use would require a UI to accomplish what FSX can do for an individual. That would clearly and easily violate the licensing restrictions.ESP was and is designed for developing a commercial application to be used as a 'part' of other products or to be used as 'part' of other implementations such as training simulators, aircraft design environments... etc. It is not set up to be sold for individual use on a PC, standalone.
Sorry, but again, no. I have sold ESP out of the box on individual systems on a PC, standalone. In fact it was the ACES studio that sent the CD's straight to the customer, so I know it was sanctioned. My government customers wanted the FSX UI, including all of the missions and rewards. Training can be fun and should be fun was the quote from the customer. I don't think that the FSX UI was too "Gamey", but that is perhaps my personal opinion. They were already using FSX and needed to be transitioned to ESP to fulfill the EULA requirements. ESP could be the simulator itself installed on a laptop or PC, or part of a solution as you have suggested above. I have done both. (Albeit in the short historical timeframe that was called ESP!) Straight%20Face.gif I am not trying to start a flame war here, just pointing out that the UI design alone isn't the issue as you originally posted. I actually think that ESP should have shipped with a rebranded FSX UI. Big%20Grin.gif Now comes the interesting part. What constitutes entertainment? Interested to know what people think that is. If I am learning how to fly and I am using ESP/Prepar3D to learn IFR techniques, or navigate from a to b etc, am I using it for entertainment or for non-entertainment purposes? I would argue that I am using it for non-entertainment. How does Lockheed prove it? PPL license number as suggested?

I wonder if Prepar3d is ESP1 (FSX) or ESP2...which was still in development.I think, ESP2 would have included some new features developed for TrainSim and maybe even FS next.It sounds like a more polished ESP1...so not substantial different from FSX.I know it’s against the terms, and I don’t see any advantage to use this product for entertainment.However it’ll be very interesting if MS takes FS in a new direction.Users may be more attracted to LM’s product than MS’s.Anyhow, good for LM...I think saving ESP was the right thing to do.Although I'd prefer MS to do this work, but maybe they don’t see the real potential.

The truth? There's no UI in ESP. ESP can't be released with a UI like FS has... that would be considered 'for entertainment purposes'.
We already have a UI for ESP. Flight1Tech offers a product called ESP FreeFlight which restores the original Menu content.Jim

We already have a UI for ESP. Flight1Tech offers a product called ESP FreeFlight which restores the original Menu content.Jim
Do you have screenshots? Sounds great!

Do you have screenshots? Sounds great!
Not sure how you could show a screen shot.ESP was intended to be launched with a mission specific to your solution needs. Either built by yourself or your solution provider.The menu is exactly the same as FSX, but a lot of the items are grayed out. You could bypass this by running in debug mode, but that is exactly what your are doing, running in debug mode which has its own sets of potential issues. Our FreeFlight dll restores all the menu content, thus allowing you to use ESP just like FSX. So just look at your fully functional menu in FSX, thats what our Free Flight does for ESP.Jim
The truth? There's no UI in ESP. ESP can't be released with a UI like FS has... that would be considered 'for entertainment purposes'.
You are not correct.

The EULA is not worth the paper it's written on. Oh sorry, it's not written on paper and is only viewable once the product has been opened,(basically, non-disclosure of additional terms and conditions) which then renders the product non-returnable. So, if you don't agree with the EULA, tough, you can't get a refund. That is just one of the reasons many judges refuse to accept the legitimacy of them, and that's why Microsoft very rarely takes any company to court over it, through fear of losing (again). Not to mention that EULA's are not easily understood by most, or understood at all in many cases. And the great thing about living in the UK is that there has to be sufficient evidence that you agree to any legally binding contract, and that means at the very least a signature. I know for a fact Microsoft don't have mine.quote[Also, I don't think the web address mentioned in the original post is quite ready for the public yet, so some of the content may still be placeholder (just so ya know).]Then why on earth is the website live on the world wide web then?

Keith Sandford.

And the great thing about living in the UK is that there has to be sufficient evidence that you agree to any legally binding contract, and that means at the very least a signature. I know for a fact Microsoft don't have mine.
My emphasis.Completely incorrect. Have you ever signed bought a train or bus ticket or paid for car-parking in the UK and signed anything? Of course not, but the courts have ruled that you are bound by the relevant conditions of contact anyway.

Not sure how you could show a screen shot.ESP was intended to be launched with a mission specific to your solution needs. Either built by yourself or your solution provider.The menu is exactly the same as FSX, but a lot of the items are grayed out. You could bypass this by running in debug mode, but that is exactly what your are doing, running in debug mode which has its own sets of potential issues. Our FreeFlight dll restores all the menu content, thus allowing you to use ESP just like FSX. So just look at your fully functional menu in FSX, thats what our Free Flight does for ESP.Jim
OK, it looks like we are talking about two different things. There is the FSX launcher/configuration UI (contains items such as Free Flight, select your aircraft, weather, Learning Centre etc etc) and then there is the in-game menu system. I was referring to the FSX launcher UI. We always launched the ESP menu system in dev mode (what you refer to as debug mode) so that users could change settings whilst running the app in exactly the same way as FSX does. It isn't a debug mode as it doesn't capture any debug information that I am aware of? Missions were locked down, but for general use, it was always in dev mode. What I was referring to was the launcher UI. I guess I am not clear on what your Free Flight system does as the dev mode basically "ungreys" the menus. Sorry for the confusion, that is why I thought that screenshots would be for the launcher. We created launcher UI's as well for specific missions and simulation environments.

OK, it looks like we are talking about two different things. There is the FSX launcher/configuration UI (contains items such as Free Flight, select your aircraft, weather, Learning Centre etc etc) and then there is the in-game menu system. I was referring to the FSX launcher UI. We always launched the ESP menu system in dev mode (what you refer to as debug mode) so that users could change settings whilst running the app in exactly the same way as FSX does. It isn't a debug mode as it doesn't capture any debug information that I am aware of? Missions were locked down, but for general use, it was always in dev mode. What I was referring to was the launcher UI. I guess I am not clear on what your Free Flight system does as the dev mode basically "ungreys" the menus. Sorry for the confusion, that is why I thought that screenshots would be for the launcher. We created launcher UI's as well for specific missions and simulation environments.
-Dev mode will indeed flag unexpected code or unconventional derivatives of the sdk which is about 98% of what we do. So as long as you are working plain vanilla development and being a good boy with the SDK, you can probably get away with -dev.If you play hardball like we do, expect a lot of nags and a bit less perf. Our product ESP Free Flight puts you right back on square1 with add-ons and menu restoration / functionality. Jim

-Dev mode will indeed flag unexpected code or unconventional derivatives of the sdk which is about 98% of what we do.So as long as you are working plain vanilla development and being a good boy with the SDK, you can probably get away with -dev.If you play hardball like we do, expect a lot of nags and a bit less perf. Our product ESP Free Flight puts you right back on square1 with add-ons and menu restoration / functionality. Jim
The SDK specifically states that the -dev switch just enables the menu items and doesn't enforce the realistic flight mode. That's it. I am not aware of any "debug" logs or performance monitors that get switched on. What else does dev mode do that isn't in the SDK? Is there a reference for other items that the -dev switch hits? This is interesting stuff. I would like to know more about the performance problems that are introduced when using -dev. I am not aware of any specifics so it would be interesting to know, particularly when it applies to the new Prepar3D baseline. Beatle, any insight?

Pricing information for Prepar3D went up today.$499 per client and $9.95 per month for the developer network.