Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Flight! could be the Windows7 after Vista for FS...

When MS worked on TS2 (the 2nd), they made some good progress with tuning the graphics engine (that it got from FSX or that was meant to be shared). Here is an old post (that refers to another post) and it mentions a "nearly 4x increase in framerate". However, it's of course not clear whether the same improvement would be achieved if those changes were back-ported to FSX.Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

When MS worked on TS2 (the 2nd), they made some good progress with tuning the graphics engine (that it got from FSX or that was meant to be shared). Here is an old post (that refers to another post) and it mentions a "nearly 4x increase in framerate". However, it's of course not clear whether the same improvement would be achieved if those changes were back-ported to FSX.Cheers,Siggy
That could easily have been achieved in a train sim with the FSX engine. Here's why, in Flight Sim the engine has to render an area up to 175nm. Only a fraction of that would be needed in a train sim. Also scenery would only have to be rendered around the tracks greatly reducing further what the engine had to load. FS renders AI 120nm, again there would be less resources needed because trains would only have to be rendered a few miles radius in comparison. So a train sim with the FSX engine would have a lot less to do, then in FSX. For what it does, the FSX engine is not as bad as many make it out to be. As been said, when Aerosoft went looking for an engine to develop their planned Flight Sim, they are being told there is none available that can do the job needed for the scope of a Flight sim. So they are building it in house.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I guess that EJet v2 repaint package I just bought mistakenly for FS9 was a pipe dream. I believe I've bought a few packages from you guys...Wow... :(
It wasn't geared at you directly Dillon. More in general to the FS9 user. And you didn't buy the FS9 version, you bought the FSX version because you didn't read before you bought, and we GAVE you the FS9 version, because we think everybody screws up once in a while and doesn't needs to be punished for that buy letting them buy the FS9 version AS WELL.I know you bought a few of our products, which is exactly the reason why we gave it to you, cause you're one of the few loyal FS9 customers we have...:(

It wasn't geared at you directly Dillon. More in general to the FS9 user. And you didn't buy the FS9 version, you bought the FSX version because you didn't read before you bought, and we GAVE you the FS9 version, because we think everybody screws up once in a while and doesn't needs to be punished for that buy letting them buy the FS9 version AS WELL.I know you bought a few of our products, which is exactly the reason why we gave it to you, cause you're one of the few loyal FS9 customers we have...:(
I haven't gotten anything from you guys for FS9... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

hopefully microsoft learned after the releases of fsx, vista, and the xbox 360, people would rather wait a year for a good product then have it rushed out unfinished.

hopefully microsoft learned after the releases of fsx, vista, and the xbox 360, people would rather wait a year for a good product then have it rushed out unfinished.
be real .. only a few titles have been released without any patches or updates to follow ...

Because there seems to be an issue with you that I bought 'your' liveries from Feelthere's site versus McPhat's site that somehow makes all this invalid. Whether it be Feelthere's site that's selling your work or McPhat's site that's selling your work your still getting paid for your work. I thank you for these comments even though their void because I bought the new product from Feelthere's site and not yours.The reason why I'm posting this publically is because of this comment:
You talk about FSX as it being a human being. I was and still am perfectly happy with FSX, and to be honest, most FSX users are. It are the FS9 users that do 'the splittin''. The FS9 user is the most vocal user I have come across. 'We should not ignore them', 'Many will buy our products' (they don't), 'We should not forget them' (how can we, they keep screaming), and let's not forget the 'My FS9 is better than your FSX', and the 'FSX sucks', 'FSX is a slideshow' and 'You need 2000 USD to buy a FSX capable computer rants'. FSX doesn't split communities, nor do FSX users, they go about quietely enjoying their sim. It's the FS9 user that splits....
I'm an FS9 user who has just bought this product twice without complaint to show my support for your effort. Like I said the original mistake was mine... I could have converted the textures on my own but I didn't. There is no crying, yelling the loudest or anything. I now have one product I'll use and one product I may never use as FS11 may be the sim I go with and skip FSX altogether... Making a blanketed statement that we don't purchase add-ons these days is totally not true and I know I'm not the only one who will buy if the product is good...

FS2020 

I'm an FS9 user who has just bought this product twice without complaint to show my support for your effort. Like I said the original mistake was mine... I could have converted the textures on my own but I didn't. There is no crying, yelling the loudest or anything. I now have one product I'll use and one product I may never use as FS11 may be the sim I go with and skip FSX altogether... Making a blanketed statement that we don't purchase add-ons these days is totally not true and I know I'm not the only one who will buy if the product is good...
The comment that FS9 users scream the loudest, and 'don't buy', was not aimed directly at you Dillon. I said that in my previous post as well. The buzz I hear from the people and companies we work with is that if you'd go by the amount of 'noise' FS9 users make on the different fora, one would think they are our biggest group of customers, but that isn't true. It is a 'dying' race, yet the group that remains is vocal.So again, it was not directed at you. I do my 'rounds' every day passing by the different FS fora, so I know exactly who you are, what you buy and how you yourself support the last remaining things we've done/been doing for FS9.So thanks for that.

The comment that FS9 users scream the loudest, and 'don't buy', was not aimed directly at you Dillon. I said that in my previous post as well. The buzz I hear from the people and companies we work with is that if you'd go by the amount of 'noise' FS9 users make on the different fora, one would think they are our biggest group of customers, but that isn't true. It is a 'dying' race, yet the group that remains is vocal.So again, it was not directed at you. I do my 'rounds' every day passing by the different FS fora, so I know exactly who you are, what you buy and how you yourself support the last remaining things we've done/been doing for FS9.So thanks for that.
I got it but the original statement was wrote right under a quote from me to refute what I was saying (in other words directed at me and/or throwing me in the lump of dead beat FS9 users)... For the sake of public image seeing I was reamed in this thread for my comments this was one major truism I couldn't let go as my plight to get your outstanding liveries started before this thread was started... :(

FS2020 

I am very afraid that this will turn into a multiplatform arcade game on X360 / PS3 / PCPray it doesn't happen.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I am very afraid that this will turn into a multiplatform arcade game on X360 / PS3 / PC
I certainly don't know what the future might bring, other than what has been announced officially, which has made it crystal clear that (initially at least) it will be a PC only release.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am very afraid that this will turn into a multiplatform arcade game on X360 / PS3 / PCPray it doesn't happen.
PS3? I wasn't aware Microsoft was in the habit of developing applications for the Sony Play Station.

Guest veeray

I don't even think it's possible given the memory limits of both those machines.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.