Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Speed & Temp Issues

Recognizing this is a Speed and Temp issues thread, should there be a separate central thread where we aggregate up all the little things that need fixing?For example, I notice that the OBS knob text tag incorrectly reads the course setting from the HSI, rather than the actual OBS setting. All software releases with dozens of these small things, but over time they get fixed, assuming we let the developer team know about them.Another oddity - the sound seemed a bit anemic to me, so I peeked into the sound config file, and the prop sound sections reference sound files that don't actually exist in the sound folder.Also, many have noted that the Prop RPM gauge is off by 50 RPM.So where should we tally these up? I don't want it to seem like bashing, it isn't, small fixes are part of the standard development life cycle.

I've put a couple of mentions and a pic about the RPM gauge inaccuracy in the issues threads already. With the new .air & .cfg fixs the RPM gauge needle now sits firmly on 1900, but the pop-up tool tip is still showing 1850 RPMs. I may be wrong but I've always been under the impression that a pop-up tool tip reading was more accurate than a gauge's graphic indication.It's 50 RPMs shy at all gauge indicated readings on my end.FAC

Just want to give a shout out like many others and Thanks for the tweaks presented. I have quick question about importing the Air file template provided from Jigsaw Do I copy and paste to a new text file and Save as what file name? ( does there have to be a specific file name for the import ) and While coping what he provided does that include the first part " Points: 10 " Thanks I just flew a quick flight KLHZ to KHSE just to see if Cape Hatteras survivded Earl. Great flying with more realistic temp ITT 700 plus or minus instead of over 800 which i could guess could make for an expensive repair bill.Thanks for posting Steve

I have quick question about importing the Air file template provided from Jigsaw Do I copy and paste to a new text file and Save as what file name? ( does there have to be a specific file name for the import ) and While coping what he provided does that include the first part " Points: 10 "
Yeah, copy and paste the complete text in the box to a new text file and save that. The name doesn't matter, you just need to import it with the Air File Manager with the Import buttin in the mentioned entry. It worked for me when I tested it, but as you probably have right there is a chance that it doesn't work. In that case you could try changing the commas in the textfile to dots or vice versa and try again. Or you have to make the changes manually after all.

Guest 413X3

Just make a space between the first line and the entries below and the text file should import fine. Otherwise you get a German error message

Does Carenado plan to release an update for the Caravan to correct all those issues?RegardsLmaire

Real Deraps

Hi, anyone has a fix for the inertial separator? when its ON the torque drops too much (around 400lbs) but the correct would be around 50 like another user posted here

Hi, anyone has a fix for the inertial separator? when its ON the torque drops too much (around 400lbs) but the correct would be around 50 like another user posted here
Yeah, that was me. I was a tester for this, and I haven't heard one way or the other yet. It could be that its tied to deice, and FSX doesn't do well with that. I'm not sure!

Does Carenado plan to release an update for the Caravan to correct all those issues?RegardsLmaire
I've heard reports that one is coming ;)

And to make the table change in entry 1548 easier paste and save the following into a text file and import that text file with the Import button that you can find in the 1548 entry of the Airfile Manager:
Points: 100.000225	0.10.000587	0.450.000739	0.520.000891	0.610.001144	0.690.001268	0.740.001496	0.810.001756	0.940.002049	0.990.002377	1

I'm attempting to install the modification. I loaded the AAM and the "Configuration" window is on my screen. I have a 2nd window on my screen titled, "AAM-Scanning Aircraft Directory". In the window, it states, "Reading...Please Wait...", but nothing further happens. My FSX Location is, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Carenado\C208B Grand Caravan" (without quotes). Is there something I'm not doing correctly? Thanks.

Might be something related to UAC? Are you running it as admin? I'm just thinking out loud, never had such issue before.

You need to point the editor to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and no further, i.e. the FSX root folder.

Cheers, Andy.