Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Speed & Temp Issues

Ok here's the tweak to get 1900 RPM max:[propeller]gear_reduction_ratio= 17.8This way it works at 1900 RPM full fine, no more 1950 ;)More to follow, I'm tweaking the flaps section, but it needs a bit of work. I nailed the value to be changed in the FDE, but there is another one that I have to check. I'll report later. (and by the way, try a stall clean and with full flaps: it won't change a thing).Cheers
Ahh I see that I was on the right track regarding the gear reduction ratio. I have had it increased to 17.4 (posted here a day or two ago) but did not think to take it up to 17.8. I must agree, that 17.8 is a better after testing it again with both 17.4 and 17.8.Thanks Fede

You're welcome. I guess my work is done here, unless we find anything else to work on, I think this is pretty good.I have a couple of pictures, one from the real one and one from the CarenadoCaravanKE_C208B003.jpgCaravancaravan.jpgI guess it's ok, isn't it?Cheers

Fede,Well done, Sir! You've done some incredible work!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

You're welcome. I guess my work is done here, unless we find anything else to work on, I think this is pretty good.I have a couple of pictures, one from the real one and one from the CarenadoCaravanKE_C208B003.jpgCaravancaravan.jpgI guess it's ok, isn't it?Cheers
Lookin good Fede! Check your pm!

Guest BeaverDriver
Thanks for the kind words. I understand the frustration, but this is one of the cases where I've been on the other side :(. I also never meant to insinuate that any of you are not qualified to make statements etc, as it's every apparent by your posts that you have knowledge you would not have unless you were RW pilots. I'm new to FSX kind of, but I'm not quite sure where you are seeing the KTAS speeds? I only see KIAS with the SHIFT Z command and the ASI. I agree, you should be seeing much higher than 130 KTAS. I typically on my route do not fly above 7000 ever (I only get to fly between 0-7500 feet, unless I get lucky and get to fly to different islands). I have flown the airplane at every altitude below 14,000 however. We do engine trends once a day. To be honest, it's pretty close between 5 and 7000, but when I do them I see " 1600 ft lbs, 1600 RPM, between 670-690ITT, and 93-94.5 Ng with fuel flow of 340-360pph / 320-340 pph altitude respective. One thing, if Fede could look at, would be the "carb heat" setting which is tied to the inertial separator. It shows a drop of 400 ft lbs, but should be more like 50.If you want me to check certain things, that would be safe with passengers, I'm game for it. You and Fede can PM me with any questions you might have, or requests and I will do my best to accomodate.Lastly, one reason I put myself out here, is because when I put my name on something per se, I want it to be done to the best of my abilities, and to make it the best I can. I take things personal when I am involved, and I really care about things being right when I put my name on them. It's about having respect for what you do I guess, believing in offering the best you can.Kreg
Hi Kreg,Sorry for not replying sooner - I've been rather busy today :(.I really appreciate again your input here. As Kurt said, I too have been using an electronic version of the E6B calculator to get my numbers. It should work in FS, or be reasonably close. All in all though, it sounds like we are pretty much "there" in terms of the FDE's. That's great, and we sure do appreciate your RW help here. I have no doubt as to your integrity in this, as that has been obvious by you making an appearance here. As I say, that's really appreciated.Thank you again, and for sure if I have any questions, I'll drop you a line (or even just to say hi :(). Thanks and all the best.

I just tested it and it works for me. Can you post here what the error message says, as it happens I am German. ;)
A picture speaks 1000 words right? :) Clicky for bigger picky! Just%20Kidding.gif

Gents (and ladies) First of all, thank you for your fantastic work! The phrase "where so many owed so much to so few" springs to mind! Hehehe... Would it be possible for you to post the updated airfile and cfg entries so those of us who aren't 'worth a darn' at editing these things can be spared the ordeal.Again, thanks very much for your work.CheersButch

Hi,Do you think it might be possible to combine all these fixes into one airfile that we can all download and replace the default one with? (Once all the mods have been set and checked) Or should we wait for Carenado to do this?great work BTW Applause.gifCheers,Craig Tatley

Re Error Message on Import: I too got the message when I tried to click on the "import" button to change line 1548. The message says in German that it is not a proper import file. I tried adding a return between the top line that reads "points: 10" and the rest of the table i.e. I added a blank line between the two after copying and pasting to notepad. That seemed to work as I got not error message (though I'm not familiar enough with air files to tell of the changes were actually recorded). Mike Gutierrez.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

Do you think it might be possible to combine all these fixes into one airfile that we can all download and replace the default one with? (Once all the mods have been set and checked) Or should we wait for Carenado to do this?
I don't think we can upload a modified airfile to the Avsim file library without Carenado's express consent. Assuming that Carenado agree that the modified files are better than the originals, they will probably make an update available.

I don't think we can upload a modified airfile to the Avsim file library without Carenado's express consent. Assuming that Carenado agree that the modified files are better than the originals, they will probably make an update available.
You've got to be kidding...

A picture speaks 1000 words right? :) Clicky for bigger picky!
It says that the value isn't a valid floating point value. My guess would be that the programm couldn't read the decimal separator which seems to be a comma in that error message, while it should be a dot. But why that is the case? No idea. Maybe it's easier to manually enter the values after all. ;)

It says that the value isn't a valid floating point value. My guess would be that the programm couldn't read the decimal separator which seems to be a comma in that error message, while it should be a dot. But why that is the case? No idea. Maybe it's easier to manually enter the values after all. ;)
That's what I ended up doing anyway, Patrick. Can anyone verify this looks correct? I'd appreciate it. And a MAJOR thanks and congrats goes out to all who contributed to these tweaks. You guys ROCK! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Edited by Ozark_Dogfighter

I got the error message too when I first tried to import the table values. I'm using Win7 and Notepad. I had originally saved the text file as ANSI. When I saved the file as Unicode no more error message and seemed to work fine.The Encoding drop down is next to the Save button.

--- Jim  ---