Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Add Real ATC sound to your flight

Hi guys, I found a neat site that has streaming ATC audio. http://www.liveatc.net/Basically, just go to the site and in the top left enter the airport you want to listen to then select how you want to listen to it in either Flash, Java or MP3. I just did a couple flights and didn't have any issues and heard it fine. I chose the Flash option and just left IE running behind FS. I've been listening to KBOS all morning, it's pretty cool so wanted to pass it along.Also, you can choose a lot of different freqs to listen to such as Clearence, Ground, Tower, Approach, Departure, etc... etc...~Enjoy

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi guys, I found a neat site that has streaming ATC audio. http://www.liveatc.net/Basically, just go to the site and in the top left enter the airport you want to listen to then select how you want to listen to it in either Flash, Java or MP3. I just did a couple flights and didn't have any issues and heard it fine. I chose the Flash option and just left IE running behind FS. I've been listening to KBOS all morning, it's pretty cool so wanted to pass it along.Also, you can choose a lot of different freqs to listen to such as Clearence, Ground, Tower, Approach, Departure, etc... etc...~Enjoy
I use those kinda sites a lot even on Vatsim, If no approach controllers are online I will tune in and find out what STARS and runways are in use. It's also nice to have a listen on the long oceanic crossings

Rob Prest

Guest wims

I found that site pretty good when I did my "study" of real life ATC before I had my first flight online on VATSIM. The FSX atc is not 100% accurate and you'll hear frases on liveatc.net that you'd never hear from the FSX atc

Thats a great site Dan, I've been listening to it for some time, but never thought of using it in flightsim. If you are new to it, check out the archives, hours of listening pleasure. One of my favorites is the archive of the attempted FedEx DC-10 takeover. Listened to it a hundred times and it still sends chills up my back.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

I use that as well in FSX. I once took a US airways out of BOS using the live controllers voice.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Hi Dan,There's also an app for LiveATC on the iTunes app store - worth a look if you have an iPhone/iPod touch! The reason it's got a low rating is people are complaining that it doesn't stream UK ATC channels - when it's actually illegal for them to do that for the UK! I'm from England myself and own the app - I have no complaints and find it just as good listening to the channles from over the pond. I would recommend it to any flight simmer - an excellent learning tool for ATC R/T! :(

Thats a great site Dan, I've been listening to it for some time, but never thought of using it in flightsim. If you are new to it, check out the archives, hours of listening pleasure. One of my favorites is the archive of the attempted FedEx DC-10 takeover. Listened to it a hundred times and it still sends chills up my back.
Hey Bill, I never thought of listening to the Archives, or seen they had that option, thanks. Question though, what are you listening to for the Fed-ex attempted takeover? Such as timeline but also, tower, approach etc...Thanks for mentioning it. I will listen to some when I get home. The laptop I'm on right now has terrible volume and the background sounds drowned it out.@Harry, yeah I saw those apps on the page above, thanks. Unfortunately I don't own any of those devices currently but will keep it in mind should I happen to get one :(.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I use those kinda sites a lot even on Vatsim, If no approach controllers are online I will tune in and find out what STARS and runways are in use. It's also nice to have a listen on the long oceanic crossings
That's a great idea Rob. I was just keeping it on for background noise but being that my sim time is as late as it is, I don't get much traffic in my area. I listen to, even at the largest hubs so I listen to other countries hehe.

Dan Prunier

This website is pretty cool, I used it a few times to follow an AFR flight a relative was oninto its approach at JFK airport. Allong with the NYC port authorities moving map of the flight and flightaware, it's really nice !That's how I discovered that A380s had the "super" callsign suffix for wake turbulence.

Bookmarked. Thanks!

Dan, you just have to browse thru the archives and you will see it plain as day unless they changed everything around. They are MP3 files of recorded ATC interaction. I believe the FedEx takeover was in 2 parts, part one and part 2. You are listening to the radio between FedEx 705 and the tower, and between the tower and ground emergency. It's been pruned for time purposes, but is the main part of the radio transmissions from the first mayday to the clearance to land. Edit- I just checked the archives and they have changed things around. The MP3's are under "Interesting recordings" (browse the left side of the home page, you'll find it) and I cant find the FedEx clip there, but I did find it over here - http://www.liveatc.net/forums/atcaviation-audio-clips/fdx705/?action=dlattach;attach=2313Also for you non-iPhone people out there, they do have a mobile beta site that I use with my BlackBerry all the time, works great!

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

LOL, I'm loving this interesting recordings section. Check this out: http://www.liveatc.n...0.0;attach=4360priceless hahawrong runway, then wrong heading, overshoots assigned altitude while going around ... uff

I have listen before to the live ATC,mostly DSM and ORD. I enjoy it very much.:(

Ahhh, thanks Bill, will check it out soon enough! Appreciate you looking into it for me and saving me some headaches.Taylor, that sound clip is outrageously funny and I only heard a little of it so far. I'll need to make some edits and incorporarte some of these clips into a FSP radio chatter set!!!

Dan Prunier