Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

THAT'S HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO MAKE THIS PLANE?!?!?!?!? You guys really love us. :(

THAT'S HOW MUCH IT COSTS TO MAKE THIS PLANE?!?!?!?!? You guys really love us. :(
:(
If you were going to spend $80 million on something, wouldn't you want some input?
And $80 Million is just one aircraft. Southwest have like 350 NGs in their fleet.Boeing price list: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/prices/

:(

So if I did win the Euromillions the other week (£112 million) I could definately buy a 737 and have loads left to spare. :(

So if I did win the Euromillions the other week (£112 million) I could definately buy a 737 and have loads left to spare. :(
You could buy a couple of brand new NGs with that money, or buy only one and keep the rest of the money for fuel and maintenance for several years. :(

The price of a real 737NG is $80 million. They were referring to why SWA put so much input into the development of the NG.

Joe Sherrill

Another reason for me to not like Southwest I guess.But seriously, did Southwest airlines have much input on the development of the 737NG? I just finished reading a book on the development of the Boeing 747, 767, and 777, and was surprised at how much feedback the airlines had into the development of those planes. I dont know much (yet) on the development of the 737 NG.
So the story goes.....Southwest knew they were going to keep their 300's and 500's for quite a while. So when the NG was being developed they wanted the cockpits to look the same so their pilots can jump from one plane into another without too much confusion. Therefore boeing made the NG look like the older models. Heck the NG still look a lot like the 200's. So yes Southwest does have a strike against them! Tell you the truth I would just be happier with a bigger cockpit!Jack C

I think the NG cockpit is great. I personally prefer the look of it to the 777. I prefer the grey colour!737%20Cockpit.jpgAlso, does anyone know if theres an option for dual tillers on the 737? (The real one) I can see from the picture above that theres certainly room for one and a removable panel for a retrofit perhaps?

I think the NG cockpit is great. I personally prefer the look of it to the 777. I prefer the grey colour!737%20Cockpit.jpgAlso, does anyone know if theres an option for dual tillers on the 737? (The real one) I can see from the picture above that theres certainly room for one and a removable panel for a retrofit perhaps?
The option is if you are a european company and intend to fly it overseas - so as not to confuse the people that drive on the right hand side of the car instead of the left, LOL......... :(

Yes the panel on the NG is nice. It would have been nice to have an EICAS system though. The 6-pack advisory sucks though. There dual tiller is an option for the real aircraft.Jack C

About one or two tillers:I've read (somewhere) that taxiing the aircraft was a direct responsibility of the captain. Any RW expert can tell ?

About one or two tillers:I've read (somewhere) that taxiing the aircraft was a direct responsibility of the captain. Any RW expert can tell ?
I'm not a real world airline pilot but I did spend a whole summer interning at a U.S. regional. With our type aircraft the tiller was only on the CAs side so he was the only one to taxi the aircraft. However, at Cathay, whoever is the pilot flying the leg will taxi the aircraft. That came from a good friend of mine who flies the 747Fs for Cathay Pacific Cargo. I'm assuming if the aircraft has dual tillers, it would be whatever the airline wants in terms of SOPs. In our cessnas we use our feet.....yeah we are that cool hahahhaa :(

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I do understand that SWA have that much input on the 737's.In total they do have 550 737's flying around where around 350 is NG's.Price for all these NG's which SWA does operate is around: $24.150.000.000Btw PMDG, will you make from the -600 to the -900? :D

Btw PMDG, will you make from the -600 to the -900? :D
They plan to include the -600 through -900ER at a minimum.

Joe Sherrill

They plan to include the -600 through -900ER at a minimum.
That's good to know.. Even tho I'll probably only use the -700 and -800..Thanks for the answer tho J