Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

PMDG programmers, please make sure below topic is addressed in the NGX (for the sake of realism).LNAV engagement on the groundSwitch light is not extinguishing once TO/GA is engagedhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/293246-lnav-engagement-on-the-ground/page__view__findpost__p__1811881
sorry 1) why are you posting here?2) please sign your full name 3) this thread has been overriden by the current NGX topic, which is a sticky on general forum

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Well ive got lots to keep me ocupied until release, mainly its the DCS A-10c beta (its freking awsome!) and the J41 with my newly acquired Fscrew for the J41. Im going to work everyday like a good little boy and counting the hours until the 737 comes into my life. I got Track IR a month ago and every aircraft I use seems new and fresh just because I can look around and click buttons so easily Big%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif .A Simmons PS is there any new pics of the HUD? I saw some pics back in January but have heard little about It since.Fly safe.

sorry 1) why are you posting here?2) please sign your full name 3) this thread has been overriden by the current NGX topic, which is a sticky on general forum
1+3. Sorry, I wasn't aware about the new sticky topic. I'll post on it shortly.2. My post was a kind reminder from a pro 737 pilot, as I consider myself. It didn't want to be a claim on the PMDG products, undoubtedly the most realistic and complex models ever created for FS9/FSX simulator. That's why I'm just trying to ask it even better than ever....Why are you blaming me for the signature?

Edward-Thank you for your post. I always chuckle a bit when we read posts like this- because you may not have any idea how many people are at work on this project, or the depth of information we have available to us, or the resources we are in nearly constant touch with while simulating an airplane of this type.If it helps you understand my answers below: I've spent (literally, unfortunately) my entire adult life in aviation. I have contacts all over the industry, and I've spent more time than I care to admit staring out of the top of the panel watching the clouds roll by. What I'm trying to say is: You can trust our expertise in this field. PMDG is not a group of college kids with photoshop and a stolen flight manual trying to make an airplane simulation. When we have questions, reference nearly 20,000 pages of engineering diagrams, documents, charts, tables, manuals and "how to fix this thing" guides provided to us by Boeing. If that doesn't work, we consult with our assembled team of technical experts. If THAT fails, I call Boeing.In other words: We have the resources and talent to "get it right" and we spare no effort in making it happen.Now- you seem concerned about colors: When you spend time around in-service aircraft, you discover very quickly that as an airplane ages you wind up with a mix-match of color pallets. This happens because airliners are component driven, so as things are repaired or adjusted, older components get replaced with newer, or newer replaced by older. This particular MCP was photographed in-airplane, along with the rest of this flight deck... So- I'm sorry the coloration is upsetting to you- but it is real. Realism is what we are striving for.Now, on the subject of dirt: I've spent a career in the airline business- and this cockpit doesn't even come close to the level of dirt you normally find. I used to travel with a miniature bottle of spray cleaner and a box of tissue. I'd spend long legs cleaning everything in site, because the airplane NEVER gets taken out of service for a thorough cleaning of the flight deck. Airplanes are not stagnant museums, they are working environments that are moved in and out of a half dozen times a day by crews and maintenance workers who leave years worth of wear, dirt, fingerprints, and general schmutz.These cockpit textures were created by conducting an in depth photo survey of an in service airplane in the mid-life cycle phase. None of the textures are synthesized- they are created through a complex process of imaging and color correction. Once again- welcome to realism. In fact- after listening to me complain about the grime for a few months, Vin and Ryan went through a painstaking effort to reduce the amount of dirt that is visible in the images. So- we cleaned this one up a bit...On the cockpit size/scale: I am not entirely at liberty to explain to you why I am so certain that this VC is correctly scaled and sized... But go over my earlier comments about resources and I think you'll come to understand that we didn't create this VC by eyeballing some pictures on Airliners.net (like we did with the original NG... which looks HORRIBLE by comparison...) The data is provided to us by the folks who built her, so I'm going to trust their data. Anything they didn't provide was measured by us... because it is easier that way.On the "Baby Boeing" feel- I'm not sure what to tell you other than I can only assume that your expectations are being set by products that simply lack the true, resource-heavy approach that we have taken with this simulation. Other products that you mention (including our NG1.0!!!) are out of scale, poorly designed and make good approximations to the real airplane- but they aren't perfectly accurate... With the NGX we are changing that once and for all...At any rate- thank you for your feedback. If you spend some time around this forum, you will come to find that PMDG is a team of developers obsessed with providing the finest and most visually accurate simulation possible with current technology. We work closely with the industry and the manufacturer, so we have a few more resources than we like to brag about...Feel free to ASK us if you have questions- If you ask an open ended question we help you understand the process and how conclusions are reached, without having to tell you that your opinion is invalid...
Hello Robert. I totally concur with the above. As a pilot for that"little ole airline from texas" I have seen so many derivatives of our planes; you can't keep track. It blows me away when I fly one -700 and the controls feel like the ole -200, and then you do a swap, and the things feels like your flying a mac truck! Heeeaaavvvyyy!!!.Love the new HGS 4000's though. so much better than the older models. Also less dense as well. We had a Captain, get hit on the head from the old thick glass unit...knocked him out..and knocked him out of flying as well, due to recurring medical problems. Always make sure that baby is locked up tight.Just finished my stage 4 RNP training. Looking at your screenies, certainly looking forward to flying her. Hope some day we can meet. Flew in the regionals before Southwest.....times have changed...for sure. I'm sure we both have some good stories to tell. :( Thanks for this cutting edge product.Patiently waiting.Best,David William BarnettEDIT: Forgot to sign full name..oops

David,Just out of curiosity, Why do different aircraft of the same type feel so different to fly? I would have thought an airliner like the 73 would be consistant.I know at my local aeroclub where I fly from that out of four of the same type of recreational aircraft, they all feel different from a handling perspective. Is it the same in the big jets?

Why do different aircraft of the same type feel so different to fly?
Who said they feel 'differently'?

Looks fantastic! However, one question and one question only.... after having decided to 'bin' my Wilco 737 because of the atrocious hit on framerates (makes flying almost impossible) what is your approach to framerates and how much of a hit will the new plane likely to have? Thanks again...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Can we bring all of the NGX topics back? :( [open can of worms now]

Chuck Biggins