Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Guest koala2

Any new updates anytime soon for christ sake? dry.gifRob Dawson

Ryan posted at 9:01 this evening implying that there would be photos of the NGX posted tonight. See post here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/311360-pmdg-737-ngx-pics/page__gopid__1859094#entry1859094Ethan Rayhorn

OK I'm hanging on the forum till now and no pics!!!Maybe we can let the little shine of hope remaing through the weekend? heheAnxious for news as everyone!!! :( Bruno.

OK I'm hanging on the forum till now and no pics!!!Maybe we can let the little shine of hope remaing through the weekend? heheAnxious for news as everyone!!! :( Bruno.
Refresh every 5 mins! Nail%20Biting.gifBig%20Grin.gif

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

While you all have a minute (and between refreshes ;), please take a minute to vote on which screenshot you think is the best, thanks.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/311411-duke-contest-take-2/*Take your time and give a good look at the originals as well (to see original, click the thumbs),

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

With all due respect, by looking at the latest video Microsoft Flight looks exactly like FSX. The only tweaks I see are better aircraft dynamics like the prop wash, various graphical improvements with the shadows and better vertex shading. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the time to redefine the game engine to support less backward compatibility like what they did with FSX... basically FS9 on steroids.The game/sim looks like FSX, will feature more gameplay content like achievements, missions and better social interaction via LIVE. In summary, Flight *should* allow FSX content developers to port over their addons to this new sim, without having to completely redesign the addon and above all, benefit with technology from 2010, and not 2002-2004.My 2 cents while I wait on this Friday evening with a bowl of popcorn and soda for new screenies.

Erik L.

better social interaction via LIVE.
I don't think "better" and "live" can be used in the same sentence anymore. The new 2011 Windows Live Messenger is absolutely horrible. All they did was remove all the features I used frequently and add facebook to it, something I don't use. I think they were trying to make it Apple-esque in that they dumbed it down and gave us less control over the application itself. Somehow that's an improvement...

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

While you all have a minute (and between refreshes ;), please take a minute to vote on which screenshot you think is the best, thanks.http://forum.avsim.n...contest-take-2/*Take your time and give a good look at the originals as well (to see original, click the thumbs),
Done! Its always a pleasure to participate in such votes.

Mike Keigley

I don't think "better" and "live" can be used in the same sentence anymore. The new 2011 Windows Live Messenger is absolutely horrible. All they did was remove all the features I used frequently and add facebook to it, something I don't use. I think they were trying to make it Apple-esque in that they dumbed it down and gave us less control over the application itself. Somehow that's an improvement...
Agreed, I would have rather given my opinion on LIVE and how it would fit into a flight sim, but that's just what Microsoft aims to go for. Glad to see however that Gamespy will finally fade away from our simming lives soon.Dumbing it down increases your audience, significantly. Think back to the days of Flight Simulator 1.0. How many of the younger generation would have said "That looks interesting, I'll buy it."? Whereas today, if it looks good and is easy to have fun with, it'll sell.

Erik L.

With all due respect, by looking at the latest video Microsoft Flight looks exactly like FSX. The only tweaks I see are better aircraft dynamics like the prop wash, various graphical improvements with the shadows and better vertex shading. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the time to redefine the game engine to support less backward compatibility like what they did with FSX... basically FS9 on steroids.The game/sim looks like FSX, will feature more gameplay content like achievements, missions and better social interaction via LIVE. In summary, Flight *should* allow FSX content developers to port over their addons to this new sim, without having to completely redesign the addon and above all, benefit with technology from 2010, and not 2002-2004.My 2 cents while I wait on this Friday evening with a bowl of popcorn and soda for new screenies.
Yeah, its looks a lot like FSX. The autogen looks a little better though. However, if Flight is similar to FSX but more fps friendly and optimized for multi-core processors it would make it worth it.

Yeah, its looks a lot like FSX. The autogen looks a little better though. However, if Flight is similar to FSX but more fps friendly and optimized for multi-core processors it would make it worth it.
With regards to your post, shouldn't Flight be an expansion or more ultimately a service pack to FSX? Thinking.gifFood for thought. hehe

Erik L.

With regards to your post, shouldn't Flight be an expansion or more ultimately a service pack to FSX? Thinking.gifFood for thought. hehe
So far it looks to me like the "big difference" between Flight and FSX is going to be the Windows Live thing. Hopefully it will work out okay and won't be as big a disaster as FSX multiplayer but I doubt many of the simmers here will be using it much. Hopefully though the planes in Flight will also be better in both graphics and realisticnessI don't know about everyone else, but knowing how a lot of people will do whatever they can to get an extra frame, I can imagine a lot of people buying it even for just a little fps increase. It might a little different though if theres no backwards compatilibility with FSX. We'll find out eventually I guess, now back to the soon to come update on the NGX!

Funny thing about the FSX comments, I thought the exact same thing. Is that not what a lot of us FS9 users said about some of the early shots of FSX?

Mike Keigley

I know I will buy MS Flight if or when the best planes are developed for it. Sceneries are cool, but good planes will always take priority. If it allows A/C developers to do better things and more in depth simulations, I'm inOf course good enough performance is a must. We'll just have to wait and see